Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Rampant is definetely causing the ups drop. I had it activated too but needed to disable it because of that.
Ups went better then.

Tommo175
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tommo175 »

Hyperbar00 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 am
Rampant is definetely causing the ups drop. I had it activated too but needed to disable it because of that.
Ups went better then.
Yeah your absolutely right I did some more testing in a creative world and I discovered that having the biter variants on (in rampant) would have a massive effect on ups

Disabled it and the drops in ups were almost non existent

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Tommo175 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:42 am
Hey everyone hope your doing well 😁

I noticed whilst playing a new save with a horrible plethora of mods including bobs, angles, rampant, armoured biters and some more just to make my life as hard as possible that I needed a large amount of defences to defend against those darn bugs so I setup a 5 thick solid like of gun turrets and cannon turrets and when I first integrated cannon turrets into my defences I was getting a solid 60fps/ups, however after I had a significant amount of these turrets (in the region of 1000) I noticed very significant drops in both FPS and ups (sometimes as low as 20/20) when I would get attacked. I get attacked every couple seconds and when I’m getting attacked appropriately 80-120 turrets are fireing at once.

So I did some investigating and removed all the gun turrets and replaced them all with cannon turrets the problem remained. I removed all the cannon turrets and well spent 2 hours rebuilding my destroyed factory but the lag spikes were extremely minor (only a loss of 2 or 3 ups) and very far between (every couple minutes)

Not sure if this is just from my specific combination of mods but if anyone else has noticed this it might be something to look into

If there is any way for me to see what is causing these drops in ups please do let me know, I have looked in the debug options and I can’t see anything that’s relevant but I might be missing something =/
If you look at the debug options, to show time usage, you can see if a mod is taking quite a lot of time to update (which for sure is not angels, as we do not have 'any' control stage behavior). If you get attacked quite often, it could also be the pathfinding that is stuck, which they mentioned in a recent FFF fixed some edge cases, so that might have/had an impact depending on all your mods.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Tommo175
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tommo175 »

lovely_santa wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 11:19 pm
Tommo175 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 3:42 am
Hey everyone hope your doing well 😁

I noticed whilst playing a new save with a horrible plethora of mods including bobs, angles, rampant, armoured biters and some more just to make my life as hard as possible that I needed a large amount of defences to defend against those darn bugs so I setup a 5 thick solid like of gun turrets and cannon turrets and when I first integrated cannon turrets into my defences I was getting a solid 60fps/ups, however after I had a significant amount of these turrets (in the region of 1000) I noticed very significant drops in both FPS and ups (sometimes as low as 20/20) when I would get attacked. I get attacked every couple seconds and when I’m getting attacked appropriately 80-120 turrets are fireing at once.

So I did some investigating and removed all the gun turrets and replaced them all with cannon turrets the problem remained. I removed all the cannon turrets and well spent 2 hours rebuilding my destroyed factory but the lag spikes were extremely minor (only a loss of 2 or 3 ups) and very far between (every couple minutes)

Not sure if this is just from my specific combination of mods but if anyone else has noticed this it might be something to look into

If there is any way for me to see what is causing these drops in ups please do let me know, I have looked in the debug options and I can’t see anything that’s relevant but I might be missing something =/
If you look at the debug options, to show time usage, you can see if a mod is taking quite a lot of time to update (which for sure is not angels, as we do not have 'any' control stage behavior). If you get attacked quite often, it could also be the pathfinding that is stuck, which they mentioned in a recent FFF fixed some edge cases, so that might have/had an impact depending on all your mods.
Yep your absolutely right it was a pathfinding problem caused by the thousands of bugs that attacked me every couple of seconds so I had to turn down the size of the attack groups and that reduced the impact on my ups

Not an angles issue 😁

Thanks, Thomas

Eloth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eloth »

Not sure if it is a bug or not, I seem to have a problem with the mod settings, disable bob's electrolyser and chemical plants. They work to disable, but when enable they only seem to let you research MK1 machines for electrolyser and chemical plant.

elessard819
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

small Bugs

Post by elessard819 »

small bug with aai industry for the reach . (impossibility) the first reach motor need red science pack and the other tank.
Attachments
Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 5428 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Is this Nilaus' toilet paper?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

belmenel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by belmenel »

Has the prereq bug with green/red wires been noted or addressed? in the current version, basic circuit networks only take t1 science. This used to be fine, when the wood->resin->rubber chain was accessible at that point. That chain is now locked behind t1 science, t2 science, and FPS (F** plant samples), which sometimes just don't seem to generate. Can we either unlock that recipe, or better yet, set the recipe for green/red wire to not need insulated wire? I like the petrochem setup for rubber tbh, but we either need a bootstrap trickle available when it's first needed (Which we don't have), or to not need it until the real production method is available.

Nathan S
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

AngelsRefining: clean_table adds to the table while it's iterating

Post by Nathan S »

Found in 0.11.10 - While the function seems to work in Factorio-hosted Lua, when using my own Lua instance to build a calculator I discovered that the clean_table function in angelsrefining\prototypes\angels-functions.lua has a lurking bug in it. The loop is adding entries to the same table that it is iterating, potentially breaking the behavior of next() if the table is forced to reallocate.

Old code:

Code: Select all

local function clean_table(t)
  -- removes nil values from a table so it becomes a table without holes
  if type(t) ~= "table" then return t end
  local i = 0
  for k,v in pairs(t or {}) do
    i = i + 1
    t[k] = nil
    t[i] = v
  end
  return t
end
Replacement code:

local clone = {}
    t[k] = nil
    table.insert(clone, v)
  end
  for i,v in ipairs(clone) do
    t[i] = v
  end
  return t
end
Note: I didn't check if the callers expect to continue using the same table object, so my replacement code may be sub-optimal, but should otherwise achieve the stated goal of the function.

Nathan S
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

AngelsRefining: modify_barreling_icon chokes if it finds fluid.icons without fluid.icon

Post by Nathan S »

Found in 0.11.10 - There appear to be a couple bugs in the implementation of angelsrefining\prototypes\angesls-functions.lua angelsmods.functions.modify_barreling_icon().
  1. The size variable is declared as implicitly global instead of explicitly local - not the end of the world, but this also hides the second bug.
  2. If the loops encounter an item with icons, but the corresponding fluid.icon is nil, then size is not set before calling util.combine_icons()
I suspect you could just initialize local size = 32 before the first fluid.icon check and remove the existing fallback else clause, but I haven't looked into the details of what util.combine_icons does or thought about what a lack of fluid.icon would mean in this case.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

triktor wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm
MeduSalem wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:27 pm
Found another bug though... this time with casting motor casings with reusable mold.

I don't know if that was intended but the recipe for the reusable mold doesn't show up in the Strand casting machines like they probably should. Instead they appear in the normal casting machines but can't be selected. I assume that is because it doesn't know what to do with the liquid coolant inputs/outputs since they are all inputs at normal casting machines. :P
Do you have the mod ShinyAngelsGFX enabled?

That mod messes up with the motor casing recipes with reusable molds
I can confirm this bug.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: small Bugs

Post by lovely_santa »

elessard819 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 am
small bug with aai industry for the reach . (impossibility) the first reach motor need red science pack and the other tank.
Pez wanted to start looking into AAI compatibility for regular gameplay. Since components/tech is still heavily in development, we barely support bob mods. For now we are not looking into making it compatible with other mods (except bobs, as we always do) until we got it more or less fully implemented.
steinio wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:24 am
Is this Nilaus' toilet paper?
Yes it is, you can get it by installing the Nilaus decoration addon. If you watched his stream, there was a small compilatron bringing him some once in a while. That however is a nilaus-exclusive (only brings it to nilaus himself).
belmenel wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 am
Has the prereq bug with green/red wires been noted or addressed? in the current version, basic circuit networks only take t1 science. This used to be fine, when the wood->resin->rubber chain was accessible at that point. That chain is now locked behind t1 science, t2 science, and FPS (F** plant samples), which sometimes just don't seem to generate. Can we either unlock that recipe, or better yet, set the recipe for green/red wire to not need insulated wire? I like the petrochem setup for rubber tbh, but we either need a bootstrap trickle available when it's first needed (Which we don't have), or to not need it until the real production method is available.
In the next update, resin from wood is moved to the tree arboretum 1, so it doesn't require plant life samples. I think this was already reported on discord, so this was already in the dev branch.
Nathan S wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:42 pm
Found in 0.11.10 - While the function seems to work in Factorio-hosted Lua, when using my own Lua instance to build a calculator I discovered that the clean_table function in angelsrefining\prototypes\angels-functions.lua has a lurking bug in it. The loop is adding entries to the same table that it is iterating, potentially breaking the behavior of next() if the table is forced to reallocate.

Old code:

local i = 0
    i = i + 1
    t[k] = nil
    t[i] = v
  end
  return t
end
Replacement code:

local clone = {}
    t[k] = nil
    table.insert(clone, v)
  end
  for i,v in ipairs(clone) do
    t[i] = v
  end
  return t
end
Note: I didn't check if the callers expect to continue using the same table object, so my replacement code may be sub-optimal, but should otherwise achieve the stated goal of the function.
Keep in mind that factorio is using a custom version of lua and not any released version. It is however based off of lua release Lua 5.2.1. I've slightly tweaked what yo suggested.
Nathan S wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 4:00 pm
Found in 0.11.10 - There appear to be a couple bugs in the implementation of angelsrefining\prototypes\angesls-functions.lua angelsmods.functions.modify_barreling_icon().
  1. The size variable is declared as implicitly global instead of explicitly local - not the end of the world, but this also hides the second bug.
  2. If the loops encounter an item with icons, but the corresponding fluid.icon is nil, then size is not set before calling util.combine_icons()
I suspect you could just initialize local size = 32 before the first fluid.icon check and remove the existing fallback else clause, but I haven't looked into the details of what util.combine_icons does or thought about what a lack of fluid.icon would mean in this case.
I've added a default value for the icon_size.
Zyrconia wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 9:45 am
triktor wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm
MeduSalem wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:27 pm
Found another bug though... this time with casting motor casings with reusable mold.

I don't know if that was intended but the recipe for the reusable mold doesn't show up in the Strand casting machines like they probably should. Instead they appear in the normal casting machines but can't be selected. I assume that is because it doesn't know what to do with the liquid coolant inputs/outputs since they are all inputs at normal casting machines. :P
Do you have the mod ShinyAngelsGFX enabled?

That mod messes up with the motor casing recipes with reusable molds
I can confirm this bug.
Since ShinyAngelsGFX is not an angel mod, there is nothing we can do.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Can't craft Green Circuits

Post by Sworn »

The first recipe to green circuits Green Board need an Assembly machine 2, which isn't craftable, you need Electronics Block 2 to make one, which loop back to green circuit.

or, is there other recipe that isn't properly showing? Or other machine/method to make Green Board that I missed?

if not, Assembly Machines 1 take Electronic block 0, seems like Assembly Machine 2 should need Electronic block 1 instead of 2.
Attachments
green circuit loop
green circuit loop
green circuit.png (584.48 KiB) Viewed 5233 times

salbris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by salbris »

I see some chatter about Electrolsyers. I'm no expert on Angels/Bob but I ran into a bug in the source code that seems relevant.

-- add angels electrolysis to bobs
    if angelsmods.trigger.disable_bobs_electrolysers then
      OV.disable_recipe("electrolyser")
      OV.disable_recipe("electrolyser-2")
      OV.disable_recipe("electrolyser-3")
      OV.disable_recipe("electrolyser-4")
      OV.disable_recipe("electrolyser-5")
      OV.disable_technology("electrolyser-2")
      OV.disable_technology("electrolyser-3")
      OV.disable_technology("electrolyser-4")
      OV.disable_technology("electrolyser-5")
    else
      table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")
      if bobmods.assembly and data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser-2"] then
        table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser-2"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")
        table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser-3"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")
        table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser-4"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")
        table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser-5"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")
      end
    end
The line "table.insert(data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser"].crafting_categories, "petrochem-electrolyser")" crashes in my external tool. It seems for some reason data.raw["assembling-machine"]["electrolyser"] is nil even though I have bobsassembly and bobsplates loading first.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Can't craft Green Circuits

Post by Sworn »

Found the problem, I was missing Bob's Assembly.
When you don't have it, the Assembly Machine 2 needs an Electronic Block 2, with Bob's Assembly it changed the recipe for Assembly Machine 2 for a Electronic Block 1. Also you can use the Steam Assembly, which is "tier 0", to craft with liquid recipes.
Sworn wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 6:33 pm
The first recipe to green circuits Green Board need an Assembly machine 2, which isn't craftable, you need Electronics Block 2 to make one, which loop back to green circuit.

or, is there other recipe that isn't properly showing? Or other machine/method to make Green Board that I missed?

if not, Assembly Machines 1 take Electronic block 0, seems like Assembly Machine 2 should need Electronic block 1 instead of 2.

Heciki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Heciki »

how can i make glass?
i need glass for petri dish
Glass.png
Glass.png (70.6 KiB) Viewed 5132 times

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Heciki wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:58 pm
how can i make glass?
i need glass for petri dish

Glass.png
I recommend you to get FNEI or something like it.

At first, you get glass from smelting silicon ore, that you get from the first sorting tier with Crushing Bobmonium ore.
Attachments
glass
glass
glass.png (583.39 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

Hyperbar00
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hyperbar00 »

Updating the Angels suite changed a recipe that would force me to demolish all my refining and smelting setup to build another one.
I was using :

- Refining 0.11.7
- Smelting 0.6.3
- Petrochem 0.9.5
- Bio 0.7.5

The ore sorting process gave me slag, copper ore and iron ore.

However when I updated the suite, the ore sorting process gave me slag, pebbles and nuggets.
This means I can't update the mods unless I want to break my setup.

robertsonj
Inserter
Inserter

Post by robertsonj »

Hello,

I'm playing a game with most of bob (minus electronics and enemies) and angels refining. Plus a bunch of other mods.
The salt discussed below works fine, but the salt item has been hidden by the refining mod. This makes it unable to be selected for filters or requesting.
Can the item hide be removed.

Cheers
lovely_santa wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:59 am
Necriptos wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:44 am
Hello, In a bob+angel game looks like there is no way to make bob's salt for lithium processing as Angel refining uses it's own salt, making processing lithium impossible.

Bob's lithium processing recipes:

Angel's salt (one of the recipes):

Can not compute:
This was not really a bug, it's rather bob that did introduce some new cycles. This should be fixed in the new release that is just out now, if there are any more issues with it, feel free to report them.
danyax wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:45 pm
May I ask mod development team to provide recommendation what is best/allowed setting for following Bob options (no overhaul, no components mode)

Extra Chemistry
Nuclear Power Overhaul
New oil and sulfur overhaul
Oil and sulfur overhaul
Radio Thermoelectric Generator
New steel
Nuclear fuel update
Enable pure water
Cheaper steel

If some options are ignored in A&B play or must to be set to specific value, please let us know .

If some options are independent of Angels code and can be set based on player preference - would be nice to know as well
Most of bobs settings are not game changing but making it easier to progress. All settings should work, some would give things that are not that usefull, and since it's a pain to always test all settings, some could be broken, but we'll always fix them if they get reported. So it is entirely up to you.

hhrhhr
Inserter
Inserter

Re: AngelsRefining: clean_table adds to the table while it's iterating

Post by hhrhhr »

Nathan S wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 3:42 pm
...when using my own Lua instance to build a calculator...
I will also come across a similar one. Since the developers have kindly shared the modified Lua, you can use their version in your project for the similar behavior of Lua tables. I created a fork of this version of Lua, which includes all disabled modules and functions — https://github.com/hhrhhr/Factorio-Lua

lovely_santa wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 12:53 pm
Keep in mind that factorio is using a custom version of lua and not any released version. It is however based off of lua release Lua 5.2.1.
Yes: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=84730
However, in any case, removing items from an iterable table is a bad idea. I would suggest a simpler and clearer way:

local n = {}
    --[[
    in Factorio the Lua _pairs_ consistently return 1,2,...1024-th element,
    then all other elements in the order they are added.
    ]]
    for k, v in pairs(t) do
        table.insert(n, v)
    end
    return n
P.S.
If the table passed by reference is modified, then it makes no sense to return it and assign it to the result of the calling function. Example:

local t = {a = 42}
local function foo(tbl)
    tbl.a = 4242
    return tbl
end
local function bar(tbl)
    tbl.a = 424242
end
             print(t.a) --> 42
t = foo(t) ; print(t.a) --> 4242
bar(t)     ; print(t.a) --> 424242