Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by triktor »

When the new setting "more chemistry" in bob's revamp is off, the bob's fluids section adds the recipe of bob's N2H4 recipe, which has no use at all

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

I know that Angel's industry is still somewhat alpha and I am new to it (though regularly play the other angel mods) but I still wanted to let you know that in the most recent versions of Angel's and Bob's there is a bug in Angel industries when there is also Bobs full set of mods (But I assume it is specifically Bob's metals, chemicals and intermediates) activated while Bob's chemical plants are deactivated then one can't craft the "Yellow Board" in the Angel's chemical plants. The recipe just won't show up to be selected at all.

In none of the 4 tiers of regular chemplants as well as in the 2 tiers of advanced chemplants. Nothing.

When I deactivate bob's mods the recipe becomes available in them though... but obviously it wrecks the entire factory so that is no solution. xD

In the meantime I activated Creative Mod and use an auto-refill chest to get the Yellow Board until it is fixed.

[edit] Also in the item filters some of the bob's items that have been overriden/hidden by Angel's Industry for crafting still show up in the item filter menus. Like for example the Bob's electronic components.

That they show up is not gamebreaking though. Just purely a cosmetical thing as it clutters the menu unnecessarily.

[edit 2] I found another oddity in the crafting recipe for bobs assembler tiers. All assemblers require electronics blocks... in incrementing fashion... Assembler 1 needs Electronics Blocks 0, Assembler 2 needs EB 1... BUT Assembler 3... needs EB3s instead of EB2. But afterwars the incrementing fashion continues normally with Assembler 4 needing EB3, Assembler 5 needing EB4 and finally Assembler 6 needing EB5.

So the only one that stands out is Assembler 3 with EB3. It should be EB2s. I think there probably happened a copy&paste error when duplicating the code without changing the number. :)

In general the recipe ingredients feel a little bit weird at the top end assembler tiers 5 and 6 since they still require some "leftover" items from bobs like Nithinol stuff and tungsten carbide... and with the bearings. It is like Angel's Industry doesn't know yet if it wants to incorporate some of the various bob's tiers of bearings as well as other stuff or not... hence feels a bit inconsistent. Because angel's industry has its own bearing but I know from bob that there are also like 5 tiers.

And I feel like the gear wheel tiers from bobs could also have been left in... if you go nuts then to the full extension. :lol:

Maybe the override from Angel's should replace all of the recipe requirements of Bob's buildings with Angel Industry block-ones. Would only make sense. Because I only use bobs because of the additional building tiers to cut back on CPU demand and not because I like his choice of ingredients... because tbh I favor Angel's consistency way over bobs... and if it wasn't for the CPU limitations I would play without bobs mods.

[edit 3] Also am I right that the Angel Ore/Smelting/Chemical/Bio addons aren't yet fully integrated with Angel Industries blocks and revamped research?

Because in Requester chests when I click to set a chest filter I can already see the filters for the Extraction, Metal, Chemical and Bio blocks as well as the specific datacores for them in the research tab... Yet they aren't craftable yet.

inno
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by inno »

+1 to Yellow Board not being craftable :)

Updated the mod, changelog says its fixed, still has no buildings in its 'made in' section. I've tried unlearning and learning tech-yellow-circuit to no avail

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

About the non craftable yellow board, Ive managed to narrow it down to bobs assembling machines, that mod is the one that breaks the recipe

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

triktor wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 pm
About the non craftable yellow board, Ive managed to narrow it down to bobs assembling machines, that mod is the one that breaks the recipe
Even more, Ive narrowed it down to bobs electronic assembling machines, with that setting off (meaning, without those machines in the game), the recipe shows up just fine, and its completely caftable

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:20 pm
Even more, Ive narrowed it down to bobs electronic assembling machines, with that setting off (meaning, without those machines in the game), the recipe shows up just fine, and its completely caftable
Can confirm. I did just disable the electronics machines in the bob's mod settings and after reloading the game/map the recipe appears and works as intended. Nice work, thanks. πŸ‘

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Found another bug though... this time with casting motor casings with reusable mold.

I don't know if that was intended but the recipe for the reusable mold doesn't show up in the Strand casting machines like they probably should. Instead they appear in the normal casting machines but can't be selected. I assume that is because it doesn't know what to do with the liquid coolant inputs/outputs since they are all inputs at normal casting machines. :P

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

MeduSalem wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:27 pm
Found another bug though... this time with casting motor casings with reusable mold.

I don't know if that was intended but the recipe for the reusable mold doesn't show up in the Strand casting machines like they probably should. Instead they appear in the normal casting machines but can't be selected. I assume that is because it doesn't know what to do with the liquid coolant inputs/outputs since they are all inputs at normal casting machines. :P
Do you have the mod ShinyAngelsGFX enabled?

That mod messes up with the motor casing recipes with reusable molds

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm

If not, can you give me your mod list?

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 pm

Ahhh. Yes that was it. I was so accustomed to using both Shiny GFX mods for Angel's and Bob's without problems before also using Angel's Industries lately that I didn't expect it could interfere.

So it was my bad. :)

Like there is a dependency list on the mod portal there kinda should be an optional incompatibility list for each mod that bans usage with other mod versions known to be problematic... Exactly for such reasons... Since I can imagine that people report the same problems over and over.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:06 pm
Can confirm. I did just disable the electronics machines in the bob's mod settings and after reloading the game/map the recipe appears and works as intended. Nice work, thanks. πŸ‘
I have ACTUALLY found this bug, its in angelsindustries, in prototypes/overrides/components-bobs-recipe-update.lua:13, if you comment that line, everything works. That line changes the crafting category of the yellow board to electronics, meaning its only craftable in bobs electronic machines (if they are enabled), but those machines only accept one fluid, so they cannot craft the yellow board

Mylon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mylon »

Are there any other mods that make good use of Angel's ore sorting besides Bob's? I really like the idea of requiring advanced processing to get access to other materials and Angels does a great job at this, but I'm craving something other than Bob electronics or the rest of those mods.

triktor
Inserter
Inserter

Post by triktor »

Mylon wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:22 am
Are there any other mods that make good use of Angel's ore sorting besides Bob's? I really like the idea of requiring advanced processing to get access to other materials and Angels does a great job at this, but I'm craving something other than Bob electronics or the rest of those mods.
Pretty much any mod that's not specifically incompatible with angels mods, angels mods are the ones that provide the ore sorting, smelting, refining and all of that, they work on their own, and should work fine with any other mod, as long as that mod is not directly incompatible with angels.

I also recommend you not to use them with mods that change the base ores (like krastorio, or IR). Appart from that, any mod that you want

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

I just realized that ever since I enabled Angel's Industry there is something odd with the Rocket Silo going on. I don't get the full 1000 Gravitational Analyzers like written in the description of the satelite. Instead I get only something like 200 or so per launch.

Is that normal?

Maybe since I have also enabled Bob's revamp it does something to the recipe too so I don't know.

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

How should the path to liquid resin be?
Quick version
If you have some random mods for more biters like "explosive biters, natural evolution, revamp, etc" and you play in a death-world, it may be impossible to get liquid resin.

long version
Why I'm asking this. Some topics ago, some one asked about the resin been locked behind green circuit that need resin to be made, and santa answer something about been very unlucky.

I definitely got some tree samples but not the tempered tree ones. In this situation it proved to be a blocking factor in the progression if you don't know how to get to green science. Specially with tons of biters, most of the good arsenal is locked behind green circuit which limit you for trying a "brute force" approach, you may very well run out of resource.

Sure that I'm not asking for integration or anything like that, I added tons of mod for war, so I should resolve how I am going to deal with it.

I'm currently trying to get the liquid resin with the provided resources, but I'm not been able to find a path to it. I had 2 swamp garden and 1 desert garden and 1 Desert Tree.
So I used the Seed Extractor to get 64 Bio science from the 2 swamp garden, and research tempered tree arboretum, I was aiming to get the seeds, but when I finally got to build it, I realized that you need one tree to make the seed generator.

I used that 1 Desert Tree to get a seed generator and make wood with it, with the wood I was aiming to the resin, that can be liquified with the liquefier. I was going to use the wood to get to the Ethanol needed. When I finally get everything built, the pipes from the liquefier didn't connect, because you get Methanol from the Cellulose not Ethanol, Oh gosh.

Most of the trees that I found gave me Maufes Puuf Eggs, which are useless at this point in the game.

then I used the last Desert garden to get more 32 bio science and research Desert Farm, but you need the garden to use it in the Seed Extractor to get seeds for the farm.

The point is that the liquid resin itself is kind of locked behind itself, giving some circumstances, not totally but you can't simple get it and might not be able to. I though that the wood route would be an option cause you can research "Fermentation Process" that give you Ethanol but you can't use it, the Corn and Fruit are still locked. Seems backwards you get access to the tech but still be locked from it.

I though in one recipe that could be an solution, even if it's super inefficient wouldn't let you locked behind "going out to find more trees" and wouldn't be so simple to get, it could be located with the "Fermentation Process" research, so you need to research almost the same path as "normal", and use it in the liquefier almost like using Corn or Fruits, but instead some kind mixture with (Soil + Cellulose Fiber + Green and Brow Algae), could even add some kind of water made by the washing plant. Then you will have some kind of fertilizer and use it in the liquefier to get some Ethanol, with Ethanol you can then make liquid resin with solid resin from wood.

Recipe Example
1x Fermented soil =
{
20x Soil
20x Cellulose Fiber
20x Green Algae
20x Brow Algae
100x Thin mud water (Maybe)
}

20x Ethanol {
1x Fermented soil
}
lovely_santa wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 am
Seraph91P wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:56 am
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:04 pm

It has a limit build in by the base game, but if there are multiple ways of creating something, it only prefers 1 of them. I think it prefers to create grey boards from paper over wood for example (as paper is again made from wood, more efficient). This specific one with grey boards I will try and fix to prevent it to be used in handcrafting automaticaly, so it will go for the wood.

What specific recipe are you stuck on? (try crafting each ingredient backwards untill it says you can craft something, then look what recipe it doesn't want to craft by hand, there will probably be another recipe for it.
Hi,

at some point it is every recipe. I have to craft everthing up to the point where I can craft what I actualy want. See Screenshot attached!

Thank You
As I said in my post, this is indeed the grey circuit. Factorio always prefers 1 recipe over the other. It makes sense (especialy for the early game handcrafting) to prefer the wood recipe over the paper recipe for handcrafting. I've changed this, but now it will happen the other way around when you have paper, which you should automate at that point anyway. Implemented for the next release of industries.

grey-circuit.PNG
Laar wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 pm
I just noticed that concrete bricks can only be placed at 4+ tiles away from water, while normal concrete can be placed directly at the waters edge. Is this is a bug/historic or intended?
It's because it was like that back in the day. I've fixed it for the next release of angels smelting. I've also made the range of clay brick closer to the water. Since water and clay doesn't mix well, you can't lay it exactly to the water.
PascalDUFOUR wrote: ↑
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:13 pm
a question about bio-processing
i use all angel and bob mod, i find that the green tier tech needs green board, and the board needs liquid resin. however resin can only craft by bio-resin at first. other techs are all after green tier tech. and resin is made from raw bio-resin in this tech, and it is made from temperate tree seed, which needs temperate tree seed generator.
so my question is waht if i cannot find any temperate tree in the map, the game is over? or there're all 3 kinds of tree in the map, i'm too unlucky to find them all?
We did some testing about trees a while back, they should all spawn in your world, so you just seem a bit unlucky? I just reran this on a very small area around my starting area (only has 200K trees as reference count) and I already got some. Depending on your area and moisture settings, you'll have more of one kind than the other probably.

tree_test.png
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:18 pm
The Motor Casing recipes that use colland and non expendable molds are not craftable. I guess they should be crafted in the Strand Casting Machine, but they are not
Can you show a screenshot? Maybe some other mod is messing with it? They all show up as castable for me using all BA mods (or even pure angel).

casting.PNG
Merssedes wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:58 am
Error while running setup for entity prototype "oil-refinery" (assembling-machine): fast_replaceable_group must be set when next_upgrade is set.
Mods to disable: angelspetrochem 0.9.5
Enabled mods:
* base 0.18.17
* angelsrefining 0.11.7
* angelspetrochem 0.9.5
Already reported multiple times and fixed for the next release. See this post for a hotfix.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

This is also fixed and should be already ingame as well.
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:23 pm
Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:06 pm
I have ACTUALLY found this bug, its in angelsindustries, in prototypes/overrides/components-bobs-recipe-update.lua:13, if you comment that line, everything works. That line changes the crafting category of the yellow board to electronics, meaning its only craftable in bobs electronic machines (if they are enabled), but those machines only accept one fluid, so they cannot craft the yellow board
Seems that it's already fixed now for at least the upcoming release, could be that it's already fixed in the current release as well.
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:05 am
I just realized that ever since I enabled Angel's Industry there is something odd with the Rocket Silo going on. I don't get the full 1000 Gravitational Analyzers like written in the description of the satelite. Instead I get only something like 200 or so per launch.

Is that normal?

Maybe since I have also enabled Bob's revamp it does something to the recipe too so I don't know.
That's a stack size issue! I've increased the stack size on the Gravitational Analyzers to 1000 for the next release.
Sworn wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:42 pm
How should the path to liquid resin be?
Quick version
If you have some random mods for more biters like "explosive biters, natural evolution, revamp, etc" and you play in a death-world, it may be impossible to get liquid resin.

long version
Why I'm asking this. Some topics ago, some one asked about the resin been locked behind green circuit that need resin to be made, and santa answer something about been very unlucky.

I definitely got some tree samples but not the tempered tree ones. In this situation it proved to be a blocking factor in the progression if you don't know how to get to green science. Specially with tons of biters, most of the good arsenal is locked behind green circuit which limit you for trying a "brute force" approach, you may very well run out of resource.

Sure that I'm not asking for integration or anything like that, I added tons of mod for war, so I should resolve how I am going to deal with it.

I'm currently trying to get the liquid resin with the provided resources, but I'm not been able to find a path to it. I had 2 swamp garden and 1 desert garden and 1 Desert Tree.
So I used the Seed Extractor to get 64 Bio science from the 2 swamp garden, and research tempered tree arboretum, I was aiming to get the seeds, but when I finally got to build it, I realized that you need one tree to make the seed generator.

I used that 1 Desert Tree to get a seed generator and make wood with it, with the wood I was aiming to the resin, that can be liquified with the liquefier. I was going to use the wood to get to the Ethanol needed. When I finally get everything built, the pipes from the liquefier didn't connect, because you get Methanol from the Cellulose not Ethanol, Oh gosh.

Most of the trees that I found gave me Maufes Puuf Eggs, which are useless at this point in the game.

then I used the last Desert garden to get more 32 bio science and research Desert Farm, but you need the garden to use it in the Seed Extractor to get seeds for the farm.

The point is that the liquid resin itself is kind of locked behind itself, giving some circumstances, not totally but you can't simple get it and might not be able to. I though that the wood route would be an option cause you can research "Fermentation Process" that give you Ethanol but you can't use it, the Corn and Fruit are still locked. Seems backwards you get access to the tech but still be locked from it.

I though in one recipe that could be an solution, even if it's super inefficient wouldn't let you locked behind "going out to find more trees" and wouldn't be so simple to get, ...
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:13 am
It was mainly for bobs an issue, but I've resolved it for all configurations now. The solid resin from wood recipe is now unlocked together with the first tree arboretum tech, so once you get some wood production up and running, you can convert wood into resin. With the temperate research afterward you unlock both liquid resin recipes, the one from farming, and the liquifying one from solid resin. I had to prerequisite farming to arboretums for the bio extractor now, but since trees is some sort of farming, it should blend in. Now you can obtain solid resin without any bio tokens, and then the usual 32 tokens to get to liquid resin, without needing any more gardens for the production process. I hope this is a good solution to the problem?

You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:02 am

This is also fixed and should be already ingame as well.
Yeah they are ingame and it works.

The bug I had was caused by ShinyAngelGFX. It didn't allow me to select the recipes with reusable molds in the casting machines. Ever since I unloaded the ShinyAngelGFX it works as intended.
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:05 am

Is that normal?

That's a stack size issue! I've increased the stack size on the Gravitational Analyzers to 1000 for the next release.
Ah nice. I am looking forward to the fix. :)

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

It was mainly for bobs an issue, but I've resolved it for all configurations now. The solid resin from wood recipe is now unlocked together with the first tree arboretum tech, so once you get some wood production up and running, you can convert wood into resin. With the temperate research afterward you unlock both liquid resin recipes, the one from farming, and the liquifying one from solid resin. I had to prerequisite farming to arboretums for the bio extractor now, but since trees is some sort of farming, it should blend in. Now you can obtain solid resin without any bio tokens, and then the usual 32 tokens to get to liquid resin, without needing any more gardens for the production process. I hope this is a good solution to the problem?

Nice, it looks good. One question though, will we be able to liquify the solid resin from the wood? I'm asking cause the blocking, at least for me, is the Ethanol to be able to liquify it. Ethanol is locked behind farming Corn/Fruits, so you have the tech today, but you can't use it. Other sources of Ethanol also require the farming ingredients, so just moving the solid resin it UP or even the Liquid resin wouldn't solve the issue as you still need farming from fruits anyway. Indeed we had farming research before the wood, but the farming itself is kind of useless, cause you need to get some kind of farming, desert farming, swamp, etc. You get the Basic Farm item and it's empty.

lovely_santa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by lovely_santa »

Sworn wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:10 pm

Nice, it looks good. One question though, will we be able to liquify the solid resin from the wood? I'm asking cause the blocking, at least for me, is the Ethanol to be able to liquify it. Ethanol is locked behind farming Corn/Fruits, so you have the tech today, but you can't use it. Other sources of Ethanol also require the farming ingredients, so just moving the solid resin it UP or even the Liquid resin wouldn't solve the issue as you still need farming from fruits anyway. Indeed we had farming research before the wood, but the farming itself is kind of useless, cause you need to get some kind of farming, desert farming, swamp, etc. You get the Basic Farm item and it's empty.
Let me quote myself on that one:
..., so once you get some wood production up and running, you can convert wood into resin. With the temperate research afterward you unlock both liquid resin recipes, the one from farming, and the liquifying one from solid resin. ...
So yes, with the temperate research (the one after the arboretum research) you will unlock 2 liquid resin recipes: the one requiring ethanol from the resin tree farming, and the one that converts wood into liquid resin directly.

On another note, I know that when you research a tech, that you won't be able to make everything out of that tech directly. If we would add all prerequisites to all technologies, you would first of all not progress as fast as you can now, and mainly, it would just clutter the tech tree to begin with. However, when you research something, the main things you get from it, will be directly buildable.
You can find all my mods on the mod portal. Also helping on Arch666Angel's mods.

Tommo175
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tommo175 »

Hey everyone hope your doing well 😁

I noticed whilst playing a new save with a horrible plethora of mods including bobs, angles, rampant, armoured biters and some more just to make my life as hard as possible that I needed a large amount of defences to defend against those darn bugs so I setup a 5 thick solid like of gun turrets and cannon turrets and when I first integrated cannon turrets into my defences I was getting a solid 60fps/ups, however after I had a significant amount of these turrets (in the region of 1000) I noticed very significant drops in both FPS and ups (sometimes as low as 20/20) when I would get attacked. I get attacked every couple seconds and when I’m getting attacked appropriately 80-120 turrets are fireing at once.

So I did some investigating and removed all the gun turrets and replaced them all with cannon turrets the problem remained. I removed all the cannon turrets and well spent 2 hours rebuilding my destroyed factory but the lag spikes were extremely minor (only a loss of 2 or 3 ups) and very far between (every couple minutes)

Not sure if this is just from my specific combination of mods but if anyone else has noticed this it might be something to look into

If there is any way for me to see what is causing these drops in ups please do let me know, I have looked in the debug options and I can’t see anything that’s relevant but I might be missing something =/

Return to β€œAngels Mods”