[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.4

Post by lxl »

1) Seablock 0.4.4 zip contains the mod SeaBlock_0.4.3. The SeaBlock_0.4.4 is available per update.
2) Would it make sense to give brown algae a very small bruning value like 0.1J so we can remove it?

patmo98
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patmo98 »

I like Seablock, but I really miss the enemies. Is there a reasonable way to play Seablock on a normal map that just has no ores, but has normal enemies? (And probably a large starting area to exclude enemy spawns that are too close)

Hanamichi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hanamichi »

patmo98 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm
I like Seablock, but I really miss the enemies. Is there a reasonable way to play Seablock on a normal map that just has no ores, but has normal enemies? (And probably a large starting area to exclude enemy spawns that are too close)
Same, i want the sea block game stile, but in a normal map, with a lot of whater, for now im triying to do it with RSO & configurable quick start

Psyramics
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psyramics »

You're looking for Landblock.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

As of the latest Angels, there appear to be two iron-rod items: angels-rod-iron, and iron-stick. The latter appears to be from seablock? Doesn't seem like we need both, so probably an issue to look into for seablock 0.4.5 when the new Angels gets integrated.

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

lxl wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:42 pm
1) Seablock 0.4.4 zip contains the mod SeaBlock_0.4.3. The SeaBlock_0.4.4 is available per update.
2) Would it make sense to give brown algae a very small bruning value like 0.1J so we can remove it?
This!

patmo98
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patmo98 »

Psyramics wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 pm
Thank you! It's out of date, but it shows me which lines I need to edit/replace to do what I need. Thanks!

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

I figured here might be the best place to ask but should I download 0.18.10 to play with this pack or should I just update bob and angel's mods and play with the latest version instead?

nOObe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nOObe »

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 pm
Psyramics wrote: ↑
Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:06 pm
Thank you! It's out of date, but it shows me which lines I need to edit/replace to do what I need. Thanks!
Share it?

patmo98
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patmo98 »

nOObe wrote: ↑
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:43 am
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:05 pm
Share it?
I haven’t had a chance to yet. Mostly, it comments-out all of the world-gen stuff.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.18] Sea Block Pack 0.4.5

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.4.5 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-4-9, version 0.4.5:
  • Update all mods to latest versions

woolyMammoth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by woolyMammoth »

Upgraded my seablock save from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 (and factorio to 0.18.18) can no longer craft 'iron-stick' wanted by most buildings.

As far as I understand Angels smelting is replacing iron stick with iron rods, but it isn't playing nice with Seablock:

(In angels smelting)

Code: Select all

if angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["iron"].rod then
  OV.global_replace_item("iron-stick", "angels-rod-iron")
  angelsmods.functions.add_flag("iron-stick", "hidden")
  OV.disable_recipe({"iron-stick"})
else
  OV.disable_recipe({"rod-stack-iron-casting", "rod-stack-iron-casting-fast"})
  OV.disable_recipe({"angels-rod-iron-plate", "angels-rod-stack-iron-converting"})
end
Setting

Code: Select all

angelsmods.trigger.smelting_products["iron"].rod = false
wasn't enough

I haven't yet figured out how to properly work around it... (just a few ways to break it even further :? )

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Trainwreck wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 am
Sea block pack 0.4.5 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2020-4-9, version 0.4.5:
  • Update all mods to latest versions
Exactly like last time where version 0.4.4 only contained seablock 0.4.3 now 0.4.5 contains the version 0.4.4 of the mod, is it intentional that the pack's version is equal to the latest available version of your mod but that version is not included?

(and since I sound like an ass, thank you for taking some of your time to put together and maintain this pack, it is a lot of fun to play it)

ChemicalRascal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ChemicalRascal »

woolyMammoth wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am
Upgraded my seablock save from 0.4.4 to 0.4.5 (and factorio to 0.18.18) can no longer craft 'iron-stick' wanted by most buildings.
I'm not seeing this bug, myself. With a fresh install and a fresh game, the BCB research unlocks the iron stick recipe.

jlozen85@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jlozen85@gmail.com »

evandy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:21 pm
Chapeau-Claque wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:41 am
Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 am
If you want to unzip Angel's petrochem, it's a 1-line fix. I have submitted a PR for it over at Angel: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/76

I expect it to be included in the next version of Angel once they have a chance to test &merge, but you can run with it now if you need to.
Could you post or PM me the details of this 1-line fix? I can edit a file but GitHub is beyond me.
Go to your factorio mods folder and unzip angels petrochem.

Click on that link above, then click on "Files Changed"

You can ignore the changelog (stating what has changed). The other one will tell you which file, and where in the file, and the code to copy & paste in. You can skip the "if" checking for whether Bob is installed (it is for seablock), or just take the whole 3-line "safe" change with no issues.
I was going to attempt to "self patch" this as well, but my "angelspetrochem_0.9.6\prototypes\petrochem-global-override.lua" is only 256 lines total so i'm not sure where this change needs to go.

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

jlozen85@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:51 am
If you want to unzip Angel's petrochem, it's a 1-line fix. I have submitted a PR for it over at Angel: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/pull/76

I expect it to be included in the next version of Angel once they have a chance to test &merge, but you can run with it now if you need to.
Could you post or PM me the details of this 1-line fix? I can edit a file but GitHub is beyond me.

You can ignore the changelog (stating what has changed). The other one will tell you which file, and where in the file, and the code to copy & paste in. You can skip the "if" checking for whether Bob is installed (it is for seablock), or just take the whole 3-line "safe" change with no issues.
I was going to attempt to "self patch" this as well, but my "angelspetrochem_0.9.6\prototypes\petrochem-global-override.lua" is only 256 lines total so i'm not sure where this change needs to go.
This fix is/was for angelspetrochem_0.9.3. The 0.9.6 you seem to be using should not need it.

sushi_eater
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sushi_eater »

woolyMammoth wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 am

As far as I understand Angels smelting is replacing iron stick with iron rods, but it isn't playing nice with Seablock:
I started a new game with 0.4.5. 'iron-stick' exists and works. I tried an old 0.17 save and 'iron-stick' is also craft-able and works.

jlozen85@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 am
Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:51 am

This fix is/was for angelspetrochem_0.9.3. The 0.9.6 you seem to be using should not need it.
I just pulled a fresh download of "SeaBlockPack_0.4.5.zip" and still have the same salt issue. I still cannot make lithium ion batteries due to needing salt to make salt.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:00 pm
I just pulled a fresh download of "SeaBlockPack_0.4.5.zip" and still have the same salt issue. I still cannot make lithium ion batteries due to needing salt to make salt.
The real question isn't just about what version you use but also if you loaded an existing save or made a brand new one with the new version.

It's the same for the iron stick recipe mentioned earlier, if there isn't a migration script that pushes that change on the existing save there will be weird things like that happening.

You could try the following command, it should fix most of the weird unlocks caused by the lack of migration script:
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

This command makes the game re-do the unlocks from the technologies you already researched, it should not lose any progress in technologies and since most of the inconsistencies between mod versions in existing saves are based around unlocks from technologies it tends to fix things just fine.

It will disable your achievements since it's a script console command but between that and restarting from scratch it usually is worth it.
(of course keep a save from before the command in case it messes something up, it shouldn't but better safe than sorry when it comes to a save that potentially has tens of hours on it already)

jlozen85@gmail.com
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

slay_mithos wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:12 pm
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:00 pm
The real question isn't just about what version you use but also if you loaded an existing save or made a brand new one with the new version.

It's the same for the iron stick recipe mentioned earlier, if there isn't a migration script that pushes that change on the existing save there will be weird things like that happening.

You could try the following command, it should fix most of the weird unlocks caused by the lack of migration script:
/c game.player.force.reset_technologies()

This command makes the game re-do the unlocks from the technologies you already researched, it should not lose any progress in technologies and since most of the inconsistencies between mod versions in existing saves are based around unlocks from technologies it tends to fix things just fine.

It will disable your achievements since it's a script console command but between that and restarting from scratch it usually is worth it.
(of course keep a save from before the command in case it messes something up, it shouldn't but better safe than sorry when it comes to a save that potentially has tens of hours on it already)
The console command didn't seem to fix it, and the same thing happens on a brand new game as well. The issue lies in recipes themselves.

Lithium-ion battery takes 2x Lithium perchlorate.
Lithium perchlorate takes Sodium perchlorate and Lithia Salt (Lithium Chloride). (It also produces 1x Salt)
Sodium perchlorate takes takes Sodium chlorate and Purified Water.
Sodium chlorate takes Salt and Purified Water.

FNEI can't find anything else in the tech tree that produces "Salt" other than that chain.

I can get "Salt (Sodium Chloride)" from a salination plant, but it's not the right item. The battery chain requires simply "Salt".

The battery chain is asking for "Salt" and the tooltip says it's from "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod > Angel's Refining"
The salination plant produces "Salt (Sodium Chloride)" and the tooltip says it's from "Angel's Refining > Angel's Petro Chemical Processing"

Return to β€œMods”