[0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.18.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Kryzeth wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:09 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:40 pm
There is an update that I haven't released yet that adds another layer. (puts some white on top of the mask)
I think as long as you don't go back to using the "make_4way_animation_from_spritesheet" function, my mod should be able to handle any changes made in yours. With the latest update, I have If bobassembly detected and entity is chemical plant, run through every layer in animation and reduce shift/scale by 2/3; not just checking a static amount of layers.

Actually, thanks to Kirazy testing my latest update, I've been able to locate a few problem areas that weren't dynamic enough and updated them as well. All good!
Sounds good to me.
Yeah, I don't think I'll change back.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ichbinderkuli
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ichbinderkuli »

I'm glad that this got resolved. I didn't mean to cause heart burn for either Bob or Kryzeth, sorry!

I am the WORST at code and what it takes to make these mods, and am really hampered to know for sure what/where/who an issue lies with. I'm an Infrastructure guy. You need a rock solid, Highly available, fault tolerant, network agnostic high performance computing cluster, I'm your guy.

Trying to understand how the .lua stuff works, and trying to follow the code even to change an ingredient in a recipe......I'm like a 104 year old grandmother who's idea of technology is a rotary phone. :D

Thanks everyone!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ichbinderkuli wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:18 pm
I'm glad that this got resolved. I didn't mean to cause heart burn for either Bob or Kryzeth, sorry!

I am the WORST at code and what it takes to make these mods, and am really hampered to know for sure what/where/who an issue lies with. I'm an Infrastructure guy. You need a rock solid, Highly available, fault tolerant, network agnostic high performance computing cluster, I'm your guy.

Trying to understand how the .lua stuff works, and trying to follow the code even to change an ingredient in a recipe......I'm like a 104 year old grandmother who's idea of technology is a rotary phone. :D

Thanks everyone!
Part of the problem with modding is that, especially for a game that's still evolving, the rules for modding the game itself aren't always the methods the community works with.
Certain things are basically unspoken agreements between modders that not everyone knows. Some of these methods basically come about by 2 or 3 mods that people want to use together bounce errors off each other until everything seems to work together, and then other people adopt the same method.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Assembly 0.18.2:
Updated chemical plant graphics.

Logistics 0.18.5:
Added Expensive mode pipe recipes.
Fixed changelog.
Removed character Logistic slots upgrades (for 0.18.13, you now have infinite once unlocked)
Changed prerequisite for the infinite logistic trash slot upgrade to Logistic Robots.

Modules 0.18.2:
Added DiscoScience compatabillity

MCI 0.18.3:
My batteries are now built in a chemical plant.
Added colours to the battery crafting recipes.

Power 0.18.4:
Added max_temperature tag to heat exchangers. (HE2 should now be able to get up to 1250 and HE3 to 1500)
Updated Accumulator code (uses new remnants, etc)
Large Accumulators have new graphic.

Tech 0.18.2:
Added DiscoScience compatabillity
I also have a Patreon.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Attempting to use the hotkey to open the inserter configuration GUI:

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by StormTAG »

Not sure if it's helpful at all, but clicking on an inserter normally, like you were going to change its filters or enable/disable logic will now show the configuration gui diagram with all the boxes. Disabling my hot key and just getting used to clicking on it is a workaround.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kirazy wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:02 pm
Attempting to use the hotkey to open the inserter configuration GUI:
The error is specifically caused by setting player.opened = gui (which triggers on_gui_closed) which is now closing the GUI when it shouldn't.

I think it's an issue with 0.18.14, the game itself, not my mod, so the only way I could fix it would be to close the "This is the open GUI" linking, which means pressing it won't close any currently open GUIs, and won't close it by pressing E, ESC or opening another GUI.
so, the "fix" to get rid of the crash isn't actually fixing the issue, it just breaks it in a different way.

If you want to "fix" it yourself, commend out line 1237 of control.lua.

EDIT:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=82493
Part of checking for my GUI uses defines.gui_type.custom, which is after the removed kills GUI define.
my bug is likely being caused because of this bug.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Classes 0.18.2:
Added raise_built = true in the function that replaces your character entity when you choose a class.
Moved the class specific bodies to their own technology.

Enemies 0.18.3:
Fixed Alien artifact crafting recipes so that crafting coloured artifacts from basic aren't disabled when you turn off small artifacts.

Library 0.18.1:
Made add/remove/replace science pack/recipe unlock/prerequisite/ingredient/result/limitation functions and item functions more robust with better error logging.

Logistics 0.18.6:
Removed character-logistic-slots and character-logistic-trash-slots technology references from science pack changes.

Tech 0.18.3:
Removed character-logistic-slots and character-logistic-trash-slots technology references from science pack changes.
I also have a Patreon.

vbmage
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vbmage »

Getting this error after update. Are there any work arounds?
Attachments
Factorio 0.18.15 2020-03-23 14.52.32.png
Factorio 0.18.15 2020-03-23 14.52.32.png (22.78 KiB) Viewed 5648 times
Regards,

vbmage

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

vbmage wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:02 pm
Getting this error after update. Are there any work arounds?
Revert to previous version of the Logistics mod, I guess.

But I'll look into a fix.

EDIT: Actually, it's probably an issue with the library, revert that to the previous version instead.
will release a fix soon.

EDIT2: fixed and uploaded
I also have a Patreon.

embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by embermctillhawk »

Is it intended for the Fluid Burning Generators to not scale their fuel consumption in the same manner as the Fluid Burning Reactors?

What I mean is, for example, the mk3 burner can use up to 6 units per second of fluid. When burning Liquid Fuel, it maxes out at 3.5MW, and burns about 1.5 units per second. When burning Hydrogen, it maxes out at 270KW, because it's capped at 6 units per second.

The fluid burning reactors scale differently though. The mk3 reactors will burn 9MW of fluid regardless of energy density. In the case of hydrogen, that works out to 200/s.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

embermctillhawk wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:27 pm
Is it intended for the Fluid Burning Generators to not scale their fuel consumption in the same manner as the Fluid Burning Reactors?

What I mean is, for example, the mk3 burner can use up to 6 units per second of fluid. When burning Liquid Fuel, it maxes out at 3.5MW, and burns about 1.5 units per second. When burning Hydrogen, it maxes out at 270KW, because it's capped at 6 units per second.

The fluid burning reactors scale differently though. The mk3 reactors will burn 9MW of fluid regardless of energy density. In the case of hydrogen, that works out to 200/s.
This was intended, but I can't remember why... let me think about it.
I also have a Patreon.

embermctillhawk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by embermctillhawk »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 pm
embermctillhawk wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with the fluid burning generator slowly voiding fluids that have no energy value?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

embermctillhawk wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 pm
embermctillhawk wrote:

Maybe it has something to do with the fluid burning generator slowly voiding fluids that have no energy value?
Not related. Probably because they were the first fluid burning entities that I made, and was still looking at them from the perspective of steam engines.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

This time, mostly a graphics update, but also an Electrolyser (4 tier to 5 tier) overhaul.

Assembly 0.18.3:
Added basic-automation prerequisite to automation technology
Added tinted chemical plant icons coloured for each tier.
Added Production science pack and prerequisite to Automation 5, Chemical plant 3, multi-purpose furnace, advanced material processing 3 and Oil refinery 3 research.
Added Utility science pack and prerequisite to Automation 6, Chemical plant 4, multi-purpose furnace 2, advanced material processing 4 and Oil refinery 4 research.
Added Electrolyser 5 with stats of old Electrlyser 4, but with 600 health.
Changed Electrolyser 3 to have 4 module slots, and Electrolyser 4 to have 5 module slots
Changed speed and power consumption of Electrolysers 2 to 4 to scale between E1 and the new E5.
Full Electrolyser recipe rework to suit 5 tiers.
Added New Electrloyser graphics by kirazy.

Logistics 0.18.7:
Updated Nitinol and Copper tungsten pipe graphics.

MCI 0.18.4:
Reduced Speed and energy consumption of Electrolyser slightly from 0.8 and 450kW to 0.75 and 420kW.
Added New Electrloyser graphics by kirazy.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I guess I've been managing to find a fair bit of free time on my hands...

Some of the things with Nuclear fuel recipes were bugging me, so I fixed things, but that's not even the reason why I started looking at code.
I was looking to add higher tier centrifuges.

So I did all of it.

Assembly 0.18.4:
Added Centrifuge 2 and 3.

library 0.18.3:
Added support for catalyst_amount in bobmods.lib.item.ingredient/result/combine functions. (used by bobmods.lib.recipe.add_ingredient/recipe and similar functions)
bobmods.lib.recipe.set_ingredient/recipe will now add an ingredient/result if it doesn't already exist.

MCI 0.18.5:
Added uranium-processing prerequisite to deuterium-fuel-reprocessing (Centrifuge is required to recycle a fuel cell)
Added an alternate icon for deuterium-fuel-reprocessing (Recipe and technology) with the nuclear update on, that shows a Fusion catalyst instead of Lithium
Added icons to Uranium and Thorium fuel reprocessing icons (Recipe and technology) when secondary products can be obtained regularly.
Changed Bobingabout Enrichement Process prerequisite from Thorium fuel reprocessing to uranium fuel reprocessing when nuclear update on (plutonium required, and where to get it was changed to uranium)
Nuclear fuel reprocessing recipes doubled (time, ingredients and results) to give 1 fusion catalyst instead of a 50% chance.
With the nuclear update turned on, Plutonium based fuels now have their own research with prerequisites of uranium/nuclear fuel reprocessing(Because it's the entry point of Plutonium) and Thorium processing (for the Thorium varient).
With the nuclear update turned on, Nuclear fuel reprocessing is included in Module productivity filters (you can use them), with catalyst filtering, to give fewer products on the bonus cycles. (Needs library 0.18.3 for the bonus cycles to give the correct results)
Added missing plutonium-fuel-cell productivity limitation filter.

To the game, a Catalyst is an item that is needed to make a recipe happen. For example, Kovarex process uses 40 U235 and 5 U238 to produce 41 U235 and 2 U238, it's a loss of 3 U238 to make 1 U235. In this instance, the 40 U235 and 2 U238 are considered catalysts and re subtracted from the results produced by productivity bonuses.
This means that it costs 40 U235 and 5 U238 to start the recipe crafting process, and when the normal recipe process completes, you will recieve 41 U235 and 2 U238, as you would expect. But when the Productivity bonus cycle completes, you'll recieve.... Only 1 U235, that's it.
Recipes like this are done Automatically by the game.

You can apply this manually to any recipe (Ingredients or results, but I'm unsure of why you'd want to apply it to an ingredient)
so, for example, with Uranium fuel reprocessing in my mod, it costs 10 used-up uranium fuel cells to give 10 lead plate, 6 U238, 20% chance of a U235, 80% chance of a Plutonium, and 1 fusion catalyst.
I set catalysts to 10 lead plates, and 5 U238s, which means the bonus cycle doesn't give you any lead plate, but does give you 1 U238, 20% chance of U235, 80% chance of Plutonium, and 1 fusion catalyst.

I did similar things with Thorium, you only get 1 thorium, 1 U235 and 1 Fusion catalyst from the bonus cycle. (that's no lead, and minus 3 thorium and 2 uranium from the normal 10 lead, 4 thorium, 3 uranium and 1 fusion catalyst)
And the Deuterium bonus cycle gives you 1 fusion catalyst and 10% chance of Lithium. (only excluding the lead)
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

embermctillhawk wrote:

Okay, new answer... The game won't let you create a generator type entity without fluid_usage_per_tick being specified.

The easiest way to fix this right now is to just set it higher.
I also have a Patreon.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Bob,

You mentioned a while back that you were thinking of tinkering around with modules. Just thought I'd throw in the observation that right now 3 different groups of items all have a lot of commonality between them: Circuits, Robot brain boards, and modules. Of the 3, the modules are already half way to their own sets of ingredients (module cases, contacts, etc.) Just wanted to spark some discussion on whether it makes sense for so much recipe overlap between these areas long-term. No definite ideas on what /else/ to do instead, just kicking off some thinking.

evandy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by evandy »

Bob,

A modular roboport question for you - you have logistics zone expanders (which do both logistics and construction areas). Any chance of a construction zone expander that has a very small logistics footprint, but a big green construction box?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

evandy wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:04 pm
Bob,

A modular roboport question for you - you have logistics zone expanders (which do both logistics and construction areas). Any chance of a construction zone expander that has a very small logistics footprint, but a big green construction box?
I have thought about it in the past, but decided against it. A roboport with construction zone needs to be inside a logistic zone to function, because robots look in their logistic zone for supplies. with a huge construction zone and little to no logistic zone, it would mean you have to place chests in the tiny logistic zone, or place the tower in an existing logistic zone to function.

So I decided to just keep it similar to base roboport where it creates a construction zone around the logistic zone.

Also consider that you can disable roboports entirely, so people who do play with only the logistic zones wouldn't appreciate if they suddenly lost their construction zone.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”