Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.18.13

Post by FactorioBot »

Gui
  • The character GUI now has a new look.
  • Personal logistics has been moved to a separate tab. Logistic requests and auto trash have been merged into one panel.
  • Using quick inventory transfers in the player inventory of the character gui will transfer the items either to weapons and armor slots or to trash slots depending on the selected tab, regardless of item type.
  • Updated the look of filter, item and circuit signal selection GUIs.
Changes
  • Personal logistics are now unlocked by a single research. This unlocks personal logistic requests and auto trash(unlimited count), plus 30 character trash slots.
  • Removed the restriction of not allowing to have two identical blueprints in the blueprint library or blueprint book.
  • Allowed to delete blueprint/books/upgrade planners/deconstruction planners also when opened in other inventory.
  • Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
  • Allowed to edit blueprints in the blueprint library the same way as when it is an item.
  • Allowed to export blueprint books in blueprint library (it was only possible in inventory before).
  • Allowed to choose whether train fuel should be included in a blueprint.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed that 3rd last row of 4th sheet of gun turret shooting had duplicate frame. (82144)
  • Fixed desync when changing recipe that was outputting large amount of fluid per crafting cycle to recipe that outputs low amount of fluid. (74155)
  • Fixed sprite button would not respect draw_shadow_under_picture style property. (82334)
Modding
  • Added main_menu_background_image_location to utility constants.
Scripting
  • Removed LuaStyle::extra_padding_when_activated read/write.
  • Added LuaStyle::extra_top_padding_when_activated, extra_bottom_padding_when_activated, extra_left_padding_when_activated and extra_right_padding_when_activated read/write.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Version 0.18.13

Post by Deadlock989 »

FactorioBot wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:07 pm
Modding
  • Added main_menu_background_image_location to utility constants.
Interesting ...

vdreams
Inserter
Inserter

Post by vdreams »

"Open equipment grid" has a different size and missing the close button, search button and the text "Inventory". Missing close buttons in many windows, like blueprints and so on. I know you can close with e. But in the current state it's inconsistent.

Please add enable/disable personal logistics bots to quick bar.

xARCHONx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xARCHONx »

I second this!
vdreams wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:41 pm
Please add enable/disable personal logistics bots to quick bar.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

"Open equipment grid" has a different size and missing the close button, search button and the text "Inventory".
Yes, this GUI hasn't been polished yet

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Allowed to edit blueprints in the blueprint library the same way as when it is an item.
Best change in Factorio history

LuziferSenpai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LuziferSenpai »

Removed the utility slots (to create blueprint, book etc) from blueprint library as it is now available directly through quick tools menu.
Pls add support for Custom RGB and other Style like no Background and images for the quickbar! Otherwise you will break a lot of mods and dont give them a nice option for custom Tools.
Coding is awesome!
Animes are love!
Factorio is life!

My MODs:
Click

Greetz,

Senpai

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Was wondering what happened with that update - until I saw new GUI. :D

screen1.png
screen1.png (60.96 KiB) Viewed 12012 times
Allowed to edit blueprints in the blueprint library the same way as when it is an item.
Thanks for that, that's a great relief.

RockDeicide
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RockDeicide »

Opening character GUI now tanks the frame-rate. That's the only change that I've noticed.

AK90
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AK90 »

The new character GUI looks and feels amazing! Very good change :D
Main Rig
| i7 4790k @4.6Ghz 1.26v | 16GB RAM | MSI 2070 Super VENTUS OC | Custom water cooling | Fractal 1000W PSU | 3 24" monitors |
Server
| Dual X5670 Xeon | 16GB RAM | Several TB of HDD | |

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Screenshot_20200317_091911.png
Screenshot_20200317_091911.png (39.73 KiB) Viewed 11500 times
literally unplayable

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

How does this filter in the yellow boxes work and what about the logistic filter boxes inaccessible besides the only top one left in top in the filter?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

brunzenstein wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:08 pm
How does this filter in the yellow boxes work
Click on it.
and what about the boxes inaccessible besides the only top one left in top in the filter?
Logistics storage has never had more than one filter. The square boxes are just background for where more filters would be if there were any but there aren't.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Click on it.
This is a whitelist filter for logibots and conbots, so they know what kind of stuff they are allowed to drop in this chest.
If you don't filter anything they will just dump stuff in random chests, while trying to keep the same type of items in the same chest.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Click on it.
It does not - if I set the filter to a raw product like copper the box get filled. If I set it for example to red inserters it doesn't store in the very box but elsewhere

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

valneq wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:15 pm
Click on it.
This is a whitelist filter for logibots and conbots, so they know what kind of stuff they are allowed to drop in this chest.
If you don't filter anything they will just dump stuff in random chests, while trying to keep the same type of items in the same chest.
I see - so it allows a certain item to be stored but the bots are not forced to do - right?

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:15 pm
It does not - if I set the filter to a raw product like copper the box get filled. If I set it for example to red inserters it doesn't store in the very box but elsewhere
https://wiki.factorio.com/Logistic_network
To place items into storage chests, the bots search for a storage chest that already stores items of the same type, then for one which has its filter set to the item type. If that can't be found, they choose the first storage chest with a free slot from the list, which is sorted by the order they were built in.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:19 pm
To place items into storage chests, the bots search for a storage chest that already stores items of the same type, then for one which has its filter set to the item type. If that can't be found, they choose the first storage chest with a free slot from the list, which is sorted by the order they were built in.
Thank you indeed - now I understand

Omnifarious
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Omnifarious »

Klonan wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm
"Open equipment grid" has a different size and missing the close button, search button and the text "Inventory".
Yes, this GUI hasn't been polished yet
Another thing I noticed is that while there are roboport toggle and exoskeleton buttons in the little toggle button bar at the bottom, there is no logistics supply toggle button. I presume this is also a polishing issue.

I really like the new GUI. Thank you for this. It's fantastic.

freeafrica
Inserter
Inserter

Post by freeafrica »

Gui

Changes
  • Personal logistics are now unlocked by a single research. This unlocks personal logistic requests and auto trash(unlimited count), plus 30 character trash slots.
After upgrading there is no `Logistics` tab in my character screen, however `Logistic robotics` item is already researched. This appears after loading a game where I haven't had any trash/personal logistics researched (yet) and allowing migrations to be done after load.

Is it possible that the migrations do not handle the special case where `Logistic robotics` is already researched but none of the personal/trash research-item is done when loading the game?

Let me know if I can attach any kind of migration/upgrade log...

EDIT: also in the `L`-menu (logistics networks) the personal network is present, the character showing up as a `Member` of the network.
Last edited by freeafrica on Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to β€œReleases”