[MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JaJe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.18] KRASTORIO^2

Post by JaJe »

So, I started playing Krastorio for the first time, it is very nice mod (congrats!)

However I want to point few things I noticed:

1. If you spawn the game with rare trees you have a huge trouble early game with research (I suggest rebalancing and making tech cards to require wood only after you researched the greenhouse).

2. Why Loaders don't require power? why would I ever use inserters for my smelting setup when I can replace half of inserters with loaders for no energy consumption?

That's for now, I'll come back if I find new stuff.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

I played this for a couple hours and I gotta say I'm impressed. I love the longer time in the "Burner phase" and wind turbines are a great starter power source. So far I've got no balance complaints and this is truly the most fun I've had in Factorio for a while.

Thanks!

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 am
Linver wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:51 am
doc776@gmail.com wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 am
All good and well. I was hoping to see the advanced, matter, singularity tech cards be part of the existing infinity research so that the infrastructure made for those two don't go to waste after obtaining the intergalactic tranceiver. since infini research is mostly for those going big, wouldent be a problem as an option ya?
I'm not sure to have understand the question. The intergalactic transceiver(IT) don't block the game, as vanilla is possible continue after winning, and infinity techs don't help much to achieve victory, infinity techs take time, because u have anyway to unlock the IT and this take time too, reached IT tech the tools provided by the mod is enough to win with a bit of patient and setting, like was for rocket.
if im understanding what hes saying those tech cards have a limited number of techs they can unlock so once all the techs are researched the tech cards are useless. hes asking for them to be added to some of the already available infinite techs so that they are still needed in some fashion forever
That is axactly it!

I have this idea in my head that i crash on this extremely hostile planet. Once i get the word out to home planet, i wont be going home any time soon for some abysmal reason. Must bunker up, create a fortified hightech fortress in a sea of red (max freq and size on biters is so much fun). But oh no what will i do with all the hightech equipment i have layed out to contact home planet, it must have new uses, like spending over a million of each science on a single upgrade!

the turrets and weapons are sooooo satisfying in krastorio would just sit on the perch and fire at the locals occasionally to stir them up

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

JaJe wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am
2. Why Loaders don't require power? why would I ever use inserters for my smelting setup when I can replace half of inserters with loaders for no energy consumption?
This has been asked and answered a hundred times in the last few years.

The loader entity provided by the game cannot currently be made to run on a power source. It is a belt-like item like an underground, so like belts, it runs on happy thoughts and good intentions.

There are mods which simulate powered loaders by hiding multiple invisible inserters inside a generic box, e.g. "Miniloaders". There are drawbacks to this approach: compatibility, performance.

If you think loaders are clearly better for smelting arrays, then use them. Or don't: if you want the behaviour of inserters, use inserters. It's up to you and no skin off anyone else's nose.

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

kingarthur wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 am
if im understanding what hes saying those tech cards have a limited number of techs they can unlock so once all the techs are researched the tech cards are useless. hes asking for them to be added to some of the already available infinite techs so that they are still needed in some fashion forever
We can think to add it when the techs go at a certain level, but for compatibility reason, for now I will leave this like is

Air0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Air0r »

is this mod compatible with Yuoki's set of mods or Bioindustries?

Linver
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Linver »

Air0r wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:43 pm
Not tested, probably no. Will be done? Probably no too, if someone helps us directly maybe.
Last guy that try to do the compatibility with K1 and bobs disappeared mistically.

Air0r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Air0r »

Linver wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm
Air0r wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:43 pm
Not tested, probably no. Will be done? Probably no too, if someone helps us directly maybe.
Last guy that try to do the compatibility with K1 and bobs disappeared mistically.
so, booted up a new game with this mod only a few tweaks to my fairly large mod list. It didn't crash. don't have time to delve further yet, as i work night shift and need to get to sleep soon.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

JaJe wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am
Why would I ever use inserters for my smelting setup when I can replace half of inserters with loaders for no energy consumption?
No reason. There is also no reason to use filter inserters when a splitter will do the job.

One big reason to not use loaders (or to use them, if you desire it) to LOAD into things, they ignore item limits in recipes. Inserters will, for example, only fill a lab with 2 of each science type. Loaders will happily stuff a lab with 200 of each.

I like this functionality for high production things like gears, and for loading my first lab in a chain. Not so much for higher tier things.

And of course, loaders don't work well with bots, so they're actually a nice way to buff belts :D Though that's a whole other discussion.

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

What happened to my U-235? I had like 25 pieces, then stole a few to make nuclear fuel cell, but still had quite a few in a chest near my uranium ore patch. Now they're gone. Like ZERO! I was looking forward to getting enrichment going soon, but now have NOTHING to seed the centrifuge.

Oh, and where do I access the in-game wiki? I can't find it.
Thanks

Krastor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Krastor »

toddchitt wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:34 pm
What happened to my U-235? I had like 25 pieces, then stole a few to make nuclear fuel cell, but still had quite a few in a chest near my uranium ore patch. Now they're gone. Like ZERO! I was looking forward to getting enrichment going soon, but now have NOTHING to seed the centrifuge.

Oh, and where do I access the in-game wiki? I can't find it.
Thanks
WHAT? How do we know? We didn't delete items and did not make scripts that would delete anything.
in the top left corner. Perhaps due to other mods you need to turn off the wiki and turn it on again in the settings.

Molay
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Molay »

Come on guys don't be mean, give him his U-235 back. I know you stole it 🀣

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NoQ »

Creep spade cannot be put into crusher, so there's no way to get rid of it when you no longer need it. #literallyunplayable

NoQ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NoQ »

Wait, i still need it because i need to clear creep even if i don't need biomass. Mod developers these days. Can't even introduce bugs so that players felt good about themselves reporting it :roll:

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

NoQ wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 am
Creep spade cannot be put into crusher, so there's no way to get rid of it when you no longer need it. #literallyunplayable
Imagine my dilemma. I accidentally built two of them.

I'm deciding now on if I should start over or not.

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

Seems a bit of an un-balance of requirements for Utility Tech Card in regards to Rocket Fuel. Requirement is 10 Rocket fuel per Utility Tech Card, at 20 seconds crafting time, which equates to one every two seconds. But if it takes 30 seconds to make one Rocket Fuel, it means that to support ONE Research Server making them, I need 15 Fuel Refineries running at full capacity to make ONE Rocket Fuel every two seconds.

For bases that have even a modest number of Research Servers (6 to 10) making Utility Tech, 15 Refineries PER Research Server means I need like 70 to 100. That's a lot.

Also, I can't find Nitrogen. I see Ammonia, which requires Hydrogen and Nitrogen. Once that was unlocked, I should have had the ability to generate/make Nitrogen as well, yes? I don't see it in the Intermediate Products. What am I missing?

Oh, and I found out what happened to my U-235. Let's just say that one was self-inflicted. Didn't expect something to happen. DOH!

toddchitt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toddchitt »

5thHorseman wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:33 am
Imagine my dilemma. I accidentally built two of them.

I'm deciding now on if I should start over or not.
One word: Recycle Machines mod.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

Wow, I was avoiding this mod because of how much I hate big, complicated overhaul mods like Bobs, Angels and Pyanadons where everything you do requires 14 other things to be done to make it work, and then each of those require 14 other things. If it weren't for being featured in the Friday Facts I would have never known that I might actually like it (this mod).
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Mattyrogue
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mattyrogue »

Put in chest
Destroy chest
???
Profit.

Seriously it's Multiplayer 101 in Vanilla when dealing with abundances of wood, pistols and miscellaneous stuff nobody wants. Though I understand not everyone plays Multiplayer, or has even been to Cozy's servers to pick up on these little tips and tricks.

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

EDIT: my questions have been resolved answers below.

Loving K2, never really got into kastorio but K2 came along at just the right time when I was looking for a new overhaul mod to play with. I have 2 questions that I cant find the answer to anywhere else.

1. Isn't the "singularity research data" supposed to give 4.95 x "Matter Stabilizer"?? Its the only recipe that uses up the matter stabilizers and they are really pricey. This means the singularity data card is way more expensive than any of the other cards?
Answer: Kastor has said this will be changed to make singularity data card cheaper in the next patch

2. What is the jackhammer for? It gives me a selection box, but that box doesn't seem to interact with anything.
Answer: It instantly removes tiles (stone path, concrete etc)

Also I would like to add that I would love it if you added / changed some inf research that used all the data cards.

Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Stevetrov on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to β€œMods”