[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN Tracker is (not) needed

Post by Optera »

Makeyourselfnerd wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:03 pm
You lured me out of hiding with that nice looking dashboard Optera, any chance you could share a blueprint so I can compare notes? Or point me to another thread if you have shared previously? Any other mods beyond LTN Reader and what looks like Dectorio you are running in that example?

Over the weekend I had just started working on something similar, inspired by both Nilaus' latest series and the loss of LTN Tracker. This is very much a work in progress as you can tell, but here is a screenshot of current state. I decided to add two features that I think will be useful, but only time and testing will tell:
Really nothing special about my logic, I think. Like you guessed I use dectorio to have more colors and colors for items.
Here's the string for the furnaces. I have 12 smart furnace arrays, 4 in network 2 and 4 and another central 4 in both. The smart furnace controls are much more fun to explain ;)

Like i said before the LTN level part is straight forward: ( Provided[network] + Requested[network] ) / scaling factor
The left activity part needs to be feed binary encoded signals through a bus e.g. furnace array 3 smelting copper would be copper = 2^3

Makeyourselfnerd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Post by Makeyourselfnerd »

Thanks for sharing the knowledge Optera, really interesting. If I'm understanding you, your screenshot, and your blueprint correctly, you're monitoring universal smelting arrays in different LTN networks from a single dashboard which at any given time could be smelting Iron, Copper, or Steel. Based on what lights are illuminated tells you which is doing what at the time.

Would love to see a full write up on this solution in a dedicated thread. The Railworld I'm currently in is forcing me to really stretch out my train travel so I'm sure I'll be headed to multiple networks in this map once I quit standing around messing with dashboards and actually build some production to eat through all these resources that have piled up.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Optera wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:58 pm
LTNT was very convenient, but hardly needed.

I monitor production and consumption of several 100 stations with LTN Reader.
2020-02-23-15-56-01-0480798.png

Like steinio said, Raiguard is working on reinventing a gui for ltn, but it'll take time.

merged into ltn tracker and opened the topic again
jfyi the purpose behind LTN tracker has little to do with monitoring LTN inventory levels, and everything to do with catching contamination and even changing station options remotely via LTN Combinator, if you think it's only inventory management, well... no wonder the API is broken now.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 am
jfyi the purpose behind LTN tracker has little to do with monitoring LTN inventory levels, and everything to do with catching contamination and even changing station options remotely via LTN Combinator, if you think it's only inventory management, well... no wonder the API is broken now.
Go ahead and blame me for the API changes, I asked Optera to standardize the names of properties to be consistent with the rest of Factorio's API. There was also another API change unrelated to names that is breaking the tracker, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.

There might be other API changes in the future, if I request them. I don't think I'll need many more, if any, so after all the names have been converted to the new format there shouldn't need to be any more modifications to tracker.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Raiguard wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:52 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:51 am
Go ahead and blame me for the API changes, I asked Optera to standardize the names of properties to be consistent with the rest of Factorio's API. There was also another API change unrelated to names that is breaking the tracker, I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.
considering it was undoing some of the requests eduran had to make LTNT work better, i'd say it's intentional, and also it was undocumented in the changelog.

but it's easy to make it work with the new LTN API and I'll be able to release a new LTNT this week with the compatibility fixes.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Raiguard wrote:
considering it was undoing some of the requests eduran had to make LTNT work better, i'd say it's intentional, and also it was undocumented in the changelog.

but it's easy to make it work with the new LTN API and I'll be able to release a new LTNT this week with the compatibility fixes.
In that case I'll ask him to revert that change, since I also want to use the expanded capabilities.

There are still a few old-style names left in the API, so I would wait to release your patch until after those changes are released.

Also, for what it's worth, I apologize for insulting you before. I have come around to realizing that legally, you're not in the wrong, and that the license was a bit too vague on the allowed changes. I still disagree with you from a moral standpoint, but that's irrelevant. Let's just move forward and have fun with the game!
Don't forget, you're here forever.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Raiguard wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Raiguard wrote:

In that case I'll ask him to revert that change, since I also want to use the expanded capabilities.

There are still a few old-style names left in the API, so I would wait to release your patch until after those changes are released.

Also, for what it's worth, I apologize for insulting you before. I have come around to realizing that legally, you're not in the wrong, and that the license was a bit too vague on the allowed changes. I still disagree with you from a moral standpoint, but that's irrelevant. Let's just move forward and have fun with the game!
thanks that all means a ton, agreed, it is all irrelevant to just making the best game we can. I look forward to your LTN Manager, the UI looks quite nice. I like the rubber grid.

seven0fx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: New update - 1.12.3 : crash save

Post by seven0fx »

Yeah, just reinvent the Wheel.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

seven0fx wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 pm
Yeah, just reinvent the Wheel.
As many times as it takes to roll perfectly :P

Strobetech
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.12] LTN 1.12.6 crash

Post by Strobetech »

Hello, can you please help me with this issue?!..

Factorio crash by the reason, that I can not find... I started this base on 1.18.10 and everything was ok(don't remember LTN version, but not old, downloaded it maybe a week ago). Then i updated Factorio to 1.18.12 and updated LTN to 1.12.6, played a while and then this crash began to appear... I've tried to turn off the mod, lose all the train stations, then put them again, didnt help. It crashes again... Tried to figure out what is the exact reason, also failed...

Thanks for any help in advance!

*update*

There was and still exists another issue:
LTN tries to pick some copper plates from the requester station... Why? How to solve this?

*update*

Deleted all provider stations. Put random one. As soon as the train is full and just before it starts to move this error appears!
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2020-03-12 в 5.29.13.png
Снимок экрана 2020-03-12 в 5.29.13.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6046 times
Снимок экрана 2020-03-12 в 2.32.12.png
Снимок экрана 2020-03-12 в 2.32.12.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 6054 times
factorio-current.log
(59.11 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Vekko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vekko »

Hi,

i just started a LTN Network, with just one provider and one requester.
When the train is filled up an is about to leave the provider station, this error happens.

Die Mod LTN - Logistic Train Network (1.12.6) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.
Bitte informiere den Autor der Mod über diesen Fehler.

Error while running event LogisticTrainNetwork::on_train_changed_state (ID 23)
Die Mod ptx0's LTN Tracker (0.10.9) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Error while running event ptx0_LTN_Tracker::Custom event (ID 164)
__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:427: attempt to index local 'delivery' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:427: in function <__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:424>
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:160: in function 'TrainLeaves'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:201: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:195>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:201: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:195>
Last edited by Vekko on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

merged with existing topic

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Vekko wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:31 am
Hi,

i just started a LTN Network, with just one provider and one requester.
When the train is filled up an is about to leave the provider station, this error happens.

Die Mod LTN - Logistic Train Network (1.12.6) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Die Mod ptx0's LTN Tracker (0.10.9) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.

Error while running event ptx0_LTN_Tracker::Custom event (ID 164)
__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:427: attempt to index local 'delivery' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:427: in function <__ptx0_LTN_Tracker__/script/data_processing.lua:424>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
if you insist on using LTN Tracker you must downgrade LTN to an older version that you can find in the Mod Pack forum, because the new LTN is incompatible with LTNT API usage.

Strobetech
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Strobetech »

I'm sorry, i didn't understand, what should i do?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Strobetech wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 pm
I'm sorry, i didn't understand, what should i do?
LTN Tracker is no longer maintained. Please wait until Raiguard finishes LTN Manager soon™.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

ptx0 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:40 pm
if you insist on using LTN Tracker you must downgrade LTN to an older version that you can find in the Mod Pack forum, because the new LTN is incompatible with LTNT API usage.
If Eduran really gave you his ok, I'd wish you would spend half the time you used in the silly license war we had in actually maintaining LTNT and update it to the new API specs instead of redirecting players to downgrade LTN to versions that still have bugs you yourself reported.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Optera wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:50 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:40 pm
If Eduran really gave you his ok, I'd wish you would spend half the time you used in the silly license war we had in actually maintaining LTNT and update it to the new API specs instead of redirecting players to downgrade LTN to versions that still have bugs you yourself reported.
I no longer use it or LTN, though.

Strobetech
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Strobetech »

ok, thanks

Cobaltur
Inserter
Inserter

Bug 1.12.6 on_train_changed_state (ID 23)

Post by Cobaltur »

I updated LTN (cannot remember previous version might 1.12.2 but something that has worked with 0.18.12 ) and now I got this message almost instant after loading. There are already 40+ trains in the network.

Log:

Code: Select all

350.327 Script @__OpteraLib__/script/logger.lua:332: <__LTN_Tracker_2__/control.lua:116>
LTN version changed from  01.12.02  to  01.12.06 . That version is not supported, yet. Depending on the changes to LTN, this could result in issues with LTNT.
Ingame

Code: Select all

The mod LTN - Logistic Train Network (1.12.6) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

The mod LTN Tracker_2 (0.10.9) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker_2::Custom event (ID 169)
__LTN_Tracker_2__/script/data_processing.lua:483: attempt to index local 'delivery' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__LTN_Tracker_2__/script/data_processing.lua:483: in function <__LTN_Tracker_2__/script/data_processing.lua:476>
stack traceback:
	__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:164: in function 'TrainLeaves'
stack traceback:
	__LogisticTrainNetwork__/script/train-events.lua:164: in function 'TrainLeaves'

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN 1.12.3 - LTN Tracker no longer supported

Post by Optera »

merged all LTN Tracker error messages into LTN Tracker thread

As these reports keep coming, I will set ptx0s two LTN Tracker ports in their current version as incompatible.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”