[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Post by Optera »

Please remove.
Anyone capable of patching LTNT has done so by themselves at this point, or downloaded the 0.18 branch from github.

Donnti
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Donnti »

I downloaded the 0.18 branch from Github and when I go to my mods it tells me that GUI_modules >=0.1.0 is required but I can not find this file. I tried to look in Github and also Factorio mods. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Stimpatch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stimpatch »

soo... i guess we need someone willing to create an alternative "LTN-alike" Mod if we want to see what LTN is acutally doing? Oh boy, these are some bad news.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Donnti wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:55 am
I downloaded the 0.18 branch from Github and when I go to my mods it tells me that GUI_modules >=0.1.0 is required but I can not find this file. I tried to look in Github and also Factorio mods. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
See https://github.com/eduran84/LTN_Tracker ... -579769135

facm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by facm »

Thanks for the updates!

I am having some trouble updating LTNT to 0.18. I used the latest 0.18 code from Github and GUI_Modules 0.9.0 renamed to 0.10.0 with changed info.json. Everything loads fine, no errors are visible in the log or ingame. I can edit options for LTNT in the mod settings.

However, the LTNT icon does not appear in the upper left like it used to. How would I got about fixing that? I'm probably missing something obvious.

Edit:
Pressing Ctrl+L fixed that...
Last edited by facm on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellspawn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hellspawn »

Since the original autor seams to abondend the mod if found this one:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ptx0_LTN_Tracker

It seams to work fine with the current (0.18) version.

Thanks to ptx0 for uploading a fixed version! :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Hellspawn wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:41 pm
Since the original autor seams to abondend the mod if found this one:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ptx0_LTN_Tracker

It seams to work fine with the current (0.18) version.

Thanks to ptx0 for uploading a fixed version! :)
I have to tell you hosting LTNT with fixes required to run on 0.18 violates my license.
No Modification - Although I can't stop you from looking at my code, you are not allowed to distribute anything altered, or derived from my code without expressed permission first.
Otherwise I would have published a maintaince only fork of LTNT myself.

Also abandoned doesn't mean licenses loose validity.

Hellspawn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hellspawn »

Sorry that was not ment to promote software violating licenses!

I didnt read it bevor, no you mentioned it i read it.
If i understand it correct, distributing a minor Bugfix Version isnt violating your licens
Quote:
"Exceptions to the no modification rule include:
Minor bug fixes/tweak for compatibility reason..."

Ps: i'm not the one hosting that Version, i just found it in the mod portal and thought it would be an Information worth sharing here. Should i remove that link?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

When quoting from legal documents use full quotes not just parts.
Exceptions to the no modification rule include:

- Minor bug fixes/tweak for compatibility reasons, such as altering the dependencies line in info.json to force a load order in a modpack.
- Config - Any config.lua file may be edited and freely redistributed by itself.
To work on 0.18 changes have to be made to files other than the two mentioned ones.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

those two files modified fall under "small changes required, SUCH AS".

it doesn't limit you to ONLY info.json.

maybe if you wanted to write legal documents, you should have hired a lawyer.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:08 pm
Thief.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Deadlock989 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:16 pm
ptx0 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:08 pm
Thief.
let's look at how many names you've been called, and how many times you've cried about it, or nearly (or actually did?) give up on your mods? how about you saying the attitudes you've received you wouldn't wish on anyone else? and then you come over here and contribute nothing. good job deadlock.

Hellspawn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hellspawn »

oh what have i done.... :shock:

He guy´s calm down, it´s a game!

From my point of view the situation is the following:

LTN is a incredible great mod with all the credit to Optera!
The LTN Tracker mod by Eduran, who is for unknown reason (I hope he is well and nothing serious....) not available, need´s to be maintaint to be compatible with v0.18.

two options:

1. abondon the mod, let it die, rest in peace.

2. someone honor the work of Eduran (with all credits to him) he put into his mod and is willing to maintain the mod so people can continue to enjoy his great work.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Hellspawn wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:59 pm
2. someone honor the work of Eduran (with all credits to him) he put into his mod and is willing to maintain the mod so people can continue to enjoy his great work.

obviously this should be Optera, who has commit access and thus the grace of eduran84 implicitly to update the code and release a new build, but, they seem to just WANT it to die.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

CONTROVERSIAL
He hasn't posted in nearly a year, if I had mods that were abandoned that long and no longer worked with the game I'd rather see some body maintain it if it had high demand then to just let it die. Like if the original mod author returns to maintain the mod then worry about if somebody is distributing a copy of it. Because as it stands there is no LTN mod for .18 currently, albeit not being stable however under these extenuating circumstances in my opinion no action is required at this time unless again the mod author returned. As the forked copy is in of itself a unique, and original copy at this time. And a lot of people just don't know how to patch mods themselves.

Just let people enjoy the bloody game, it's not like we have to buy mods/mod packs.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 pm
CONTROVERSIAL
He hasn't posted in nearly a year, if I had mods that were abandoned that long and no longer worked with the game I'd rather see some body maintain it if it had high demand then to just let it die. Like if the original mod author returns to maintain the mod then worry about if somebody is distributing a copy of it. Because as it stands there is no LTN mod for .18 currently, albeit not being stable however under these extenuating circumstances in my opinion no action is required at this time unless again the mod author returned. As the forked copy is in of itself a unique, and original copy at this time. And a lot of people just don't know how to patch mods themselves.

Just let people enjoy the bloody game, it's not like we have to buy mods/mod packs.
now that's a whole heck of a lot of reason in one post, thanks for your input.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

Optera wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am
Here's an update with some bad news for LTN Tracker.

In Summer LTN Tracker 1.0 beta was almost ready to go live.
However during that time Eduran left. I have no idea why, nor do I have a way to contact him outside this forum.

While I have access to the Github repository I won't take over LTNT.
  1. Eduran did some amazing work with the gui. I don't have the time and will to dig into his code to fully understand how LTNT works.
  2. I don't have access to the mod portal. I'd have to rebrand LTNT and publish it myself, which is not allowed under our license.
What does this mean for LTN Tracker? Unless Eduran shows up again, LTN Tracker is dead.
I am so confused right now, you said this January, but two weeks ago you uploaded an update under your name.

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Optera/L ... ainNetwork

So what changed? I guess the other guy is in the wrong then if you are now maintaining the mod for Eduran. I didn't see any mention of anything when I made my prior comment.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am
Optera wrote:

However during that time Eduran left. I have no idea why, nor do I have a way to contact him outside this forum.

1. Eduran did some amazing work with the gui. I don't have the time and will to dig into his code to fully understand how LTNT works.
  2. I don't have access to the mod portal. I'd have to rebrand LTNT and publish it myself, which is not allowed under our license.
What does this mean for LTN Tracker? Unless Eduran shows up again, LTN Tracker is dead.
I am so confused right now, you said this January, but two weeks ago you uploaded an update under your name.

So what changed? I guess the other guy is in the wrong then if you are now maintaining the mod for Eduran. I didn't see any mention of anything when I made my prior comment.
well, LTN and LTN Tracker are two different things.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

ptx0 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 am
makeitgraphic18 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 am
Optera wrote:

well, LTN and LTN Tracker are two different things.
oh ok thanks, I can be pretty dense sometimes. Well then I stand by my original statement if Optera won't maintain this fork for Eduran.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

"Just let people play" sounds very entitled.
You only get to demand stuff you pay for. Have you ever paid a single Cent to Eduran?
Remember us modders do this as a hobby, be grateful for the quality mod Eduran has provided and let it rest in peace.

I'm not going to pick up LTNT because I respect Eduran and his wishes. I have access to the repository since we worked together on LTNs API not because he wanted me to take over his work.

That being said if someone wants to create a gui for LTN from scratch and needs help with the API I will assist as much as I can, but I will not tolerate ripping Edurans work.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”