[0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory

Bugs that are actually features.
mingo888
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory

Post by mingo888 »

Very recently some friends and I launched a rocket for the first time, expecting to get the achievement for winning the game as well as for launching a fish into space. Alas, we only got the achievement for launching the fish, and no victory screen appeared either. We tried launching again with a satellite, but although we received 1000 space science packs, we still did not get the victory screen or associated achievements.

No mods of any sort were ever used in the clients or server; 100% vanilla. The achievements GUI still shows we are eligible for the winning the game achievement as well as some related ones (e.g. logistics embargo), but we can't figure out how to trigger them now.

The save file attached was created in 0.17.79 singleplayer, before immediately being used in a headless server. It was on the headless server where the rocket was launched and the problem was encountered. I was connecting to the headless server on the same machine, using the "--no-log-rotation" launch option in steam as recommended by the wiki. I did try loading the save file in singleplayer and launching the rocket again there, but it still failed to pop the victory screen.

If there is some problem with the save file, any advice on how to fix it would be much appreciated. It is very easy to reproduce as the rocket silo should be near finished when the file is loaded, just hit the launch button.

Thank you.
Attachments
Expedition Delta.zip
Save file last loaded in a headless server
(7.84 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
factorio-current.log
Log copied immediately after exiting client and closing headless server
(14.42 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory

Post by Klonan »

For some reason, your save game is missing the control lua script

Here is a fixed version:
Expedition Delta Fixed.zip
(6.8 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
Unfortunately, since you already launched a satellite, the game thinks it has already triggered the victory, so launching another rocket doesn't make you 'win' and get the achievement

mingo888
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mingo888 »

Thank you for the quick reply. I have done some testing and have managed to "unfix" the fixed version you sent me, which means I suppose I have found a way to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a headless server using an unbroken save file (e.g. the fixed one you just sent). My headless batch file looks like this:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\bin\x64\factorio.exe" --start-server "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\mysave.zip" --server-settings ./server-settings.json
2. Launch the client on the same machine. I am using the "--no-log-rotation" launch option in steam.
3. In the client, attempt to connect to the server at IP "localhost". An error message will be displayed: "Cannot join. The following mod script files are not identical between you and the server: level" (Note: I am not playing with any mods on the server or client, and have never used any mods.)
4. Close the client and close the server (unknown if order matters here).

At this point, it is done. The save file is now missing the lua script you inserted. I am not sure why the headless server removed it, or why the local client couldn't connect. However I can confirm that, after step 4, if the server is relaunched and the client is relaunched, connection can be established without any further error (until, of course, the rocket is launched many hours later and the victory doesn't trigger). The unfixed version of the file you fixed is attached.

I found a very similar post in technical support from a few days ago: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=79208
This may also be related, although it is on an older version: viewtopic.php?t=57483
Attachments
Expedition Delta Fixed Unfixed.zip
(7.84 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

--no-log-rotation is not magic option for allowing multiple instances of factorio under same config file and working directory. Server after loading map will extract all files to temp/currently-playing and any changes to files here will result in changes in saves made by server. Starting client will result in this directory to be deleted and so control.lua gets deleted. Other files are in save since they are recreated when save is happening.

-- edit:
i removed part of Multiplayer page on wiki that was suggesting usage of "--no-log-rotation"

glmarsi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by glmarsi »

Hello! I'm having the same issue, without using multiplayer, and with an intact control.lua in my save game. (also no mods or console commands, obviously)

Similarly, this was a lazy bastard / logistics embargo playthrough, and I really don't want to put in another 40 hours under those conditions to try for these achievements again.
Last edited by glmarsi on Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

glmarsi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:33 am
Hello! I'm having the same issue, without using multiplayer, and with an intact control.lua in my save game. (also no mods or console commands, obviously)

Similarly, this was a lazy bastard / logistics embargo playthrough, and I really don't want to put in another 40 hours under those conditions to try for these achievements again.
Post your save file from before rocket launch

glmarsi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by glmarsi »

'Before the first rocket launch' was a while ago, because i (mistakenly) thought that I needed a satellite and that's why it wasn't triggering.

As a result, I'm a little fuzzy on which of these two is the most recent pre-rocket save that I have; _13 is definitely before, _14 may or may not be.
Attachments
lazy_14.zip
(9.55 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
lazy_13.zip
(8.26 MiB) Downloaded 107 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

glmarsi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:41 am
'Before the first rocket launch' was a while ago, because i (mistakenly) thought that I needed a satellite and that's why it wasn't triggering.

As a result, I'm a little fuzzy on which of these two is the most recent pre-rocket save that I have; _13 is definitely before, _14 may or may not be.
Your save files are from [0.16.51]. If you are playing that version then you have to send satellite to trigger victory condition

glmarsi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by glmarsi »

Ultimately, the situation that I'm in is this: I've launched 3 rockets (one in [0.16.51] without a satellite, one in [0.17.79] without a satellite, one in [0.17.79] with a satellite).

I have not gotten a victory screen at any point, nor the achievements associated with completing the game w/ restrictions. Should I post a 17.79 savegame?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

glmarsi wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 pm
Should I post a 17.79 savegame?
Yes

glmarsi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by glmarsi »

Here's one, saved with rocket + satellite ready.
Attachments
lazy_18.zip
(7.44 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

Return to “Not a bug”