Version 0.17.79 - Stable 3

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.79 - Stable 3

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the infinity pipe mode could sometimes reset when changing other infinity pipe settings. (78047)
  • Fixed that electric energy interfaces didn't consume power correctly. (77998)
  • Fixed market GUI not showing price in the tooltips of modifiers. (78042)
  • Fixed market GUI showing empty price property in the tooltips when no price is set.
  • Fixed lights render quality slider in graphics settings missing tooltip. (78005)
Use the automatic updater if you can, or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/.

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.79

Post by cbhj1 »

This seems to have been put out on Steam as a stable release, but the post reads as experimental. Intentional?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

cbhj1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:29 pm
This seems to have been put out on Steam as a stable release, but the post reads as experimental. Intentional?
All releases start life as experimental, so all the forum posts call it as such

Once marked stable, we don't update the release notes

cbhj1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by cbhj1 »

The confusing part in this case was the sub 5 hour time frame from experimental posting to stable distribution on Steam. Was caught off guard by the update, then found the post for the same version as experimental had *just* been released. Not that I distrust the actual stability of the game, only the odd timing.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

cbhj1 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:09 pm
The confusing part in this case was the sub 5 hour time frame from experimental posting to stable distribution on Steam. Was caught off guard by the update, then found the post for the same version as experimental had *just* been released. Not that I distrust the actual stability of the game, only the odd timing.
2.5, per SteamDB. That kind of surprised me as well.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

This is a pure bugfix release. The last bigger changes were introduced in 0.17.75. Since then only bugfixes and very small changes that should not impact stability. I think it's good that Wube is releasing larger changes as experimental, then fixes bugs for a couple of weeks, and then releases it as stable after several bug fix releases. The 2.5 hours is essentially instantaneous with respect to the bugfixes of 0.17.79, but it is two weeks since 0.17.75. And two weeks is not too short.

By the way: The game's website listed 0.17.79 as stable just as early as it was distributed as stable via steam, maybe even earlier.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

0.17.79 suddenly being stable caught me off guard. I just uploaded a mod update where I had reverted a change that required 0.17.75 so the latest version could be used by players of stable Factorio again. Just my luck … :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Releases”