Topics and discussion about specific mods
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17] Industrial Revolution

Post by nosports »

Deadlock989 wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:51 am
- A chromed winged Racing Monowheel, faster than any other vehicle that isn't a choo choo.
yeah :D

I now have a reason to prop up my chromage....

Currently fighting biters more..... but still :mrgreen:

nog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nog »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 am
Care to explain why this instead of the exact opposite? I was hoping for nearby scanning (and also recall asking for that) :/
So I am.

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Bilka wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:10 am
Care to explain why
No, I don't.

Edited to add: have decided not to update the mod this weekend after all. I'll do it some time after the next Factorio stable release. Will be spending my free time this weekend doing some baking and playing other games.

chrisdec
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by chrisdec »

hello,
i would like to know iff this mod is compatible with Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:20 am
I'll do it some time after the next Factorio stable release. Will be spending my free time this weekend doing some baking and playing other games.
As you don't allow PM anymore I have to ask here:

Hi.
I would like to make and publish a few mods that have (optional) dependencies on your IR. Mainly a fuel processing mod that would profit from using your crushers. I will not redistribute any asserts of yours, maximally reference them from your mod. Also I would use some of your materials and categories for recipes. Is that OK with you?
Regards,
ukezi

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

ukezi wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:49 pm
I will not redistribute any asserts of yours, maximally reference them from your mod. Also I would use some of your materials and categories for recipes. Is that OK with you?
That sounds fine.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:57 pm

It's not so much that, more that we are part-way through a series of cosmetic updates and I would prefer to fix it all in one go when we know what's what. I am looking forward to the player/crafting GUI update because I think most of the IR icons will really shine on it, based on what the non-carbon ones look like in the new tooltips.
Absolutely understandable. And beside the carbony stuff, all the icons I saw so far fit in perfectly and it feels and looks right in combination with the new gui.

Another thing I forgot to mention since a while, also cosmetic, the alt-info on turrets when facing south are a little too far up, not sure if you can set them a little lower.
screen2.png
screen2.png (499.89 KiB) Viewed 6212 times

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

fishycat wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:57 am
Another thing I forgot to mention since a while, also cosmetic, the alt-info on turrets when facing south are a little too far up, not sure if you can set them a little lower.
You can now.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Ah perfect, so you already had it on your list. nvm then

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Two little things I noticed:

1) Stacked steel items (gears, tubes) look darker than the original making it looks like different items.
2) How does the electrical locomotive compare to the steam locomotive? Acceleration, wind resistance, weight, breaking force? The tooltip doesn't say. How does the comparison change with rocket or nuclear fuel? Is the electrical locomotive performing better or just have a better fuel source?

ImShero
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ImShero »

Question about advanced cracking. How does the platinum consumption work. It says it returns 99% platinum. Does that mean there is a 1% consumption chance on any advanced cracking operation?

Cribbit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cribbit »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am
2) How does the electrical locomotive compare to the steam locomotive? Acceleration, wind resistance, weight, breaking force? The tooltip doesn't say. How does the comparison change with rocket or nuclear fuel? Is the electrical locomotive performing better or just have a better fuel source?
You fuel it with batteries, it turns charged batteries into uncharged. Iirc normal batteries are like coal and high cap batteries are like solid fuel. No option for anything faster. Hopefully the tooltip update makes it possible to expose that better - even for normal fuel trains I've always been annoyed that the train itself doesn't tell you what the differences in fuels are.
ImShero wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 pm
Question about advanced cracking. How does the platinum consumption work. It says it returns 99% platinum. Does that mean there is a 1% consumption chance on any advanced cracking operation?
Yes. Same thing for charging batteries.

Stargateur
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stargateur »

Error on startup with hardened pipe:

- Hardened pipes 0.17.2
- Industrial Revolution 1.0.6
- Industrial Revolution: Language Pack 1.0.8
- base 0.17.74

Error at loading: `Error while loading recipe prototype "ion-probe" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Value must be a string in property tree ` [Full log](https://pastebin.com/5J1RGE1h)

Author of hardened pipes already look into and conclude there are some tipo error on industrial revolution side see [here](https://mods.factorio.com/mod/hardened_ ... 000c98e418)

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Stargateur wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 pm
Error on startup with hardened pipe:

- Hardened pipes 0.17.2
- Industrial Revolution 1.0.6
- Industrial Revolution: Language Pack 1.0.8
- base 0.17.74

Error at loading: `Error while loading recipe prototype "ion-probe" (recipe): Difficulty normal: Value must be a string in property tree ` [Full log](https://pastebin.com/5J1RGE1h)
@Deadlock989: Sorry for the noise! I've cleaned up a bit on my end, and the game starts again. (I don't see, though, why the bug only occurred if IR was installed together with the language pack -- even if the default locale was used.)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Deadlock989
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadlock989 »

Pi-C wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:12 am
@Deadlock989: Sorry for the noise! I've cleaned up a bit on my end, and the game starts again. (I don't see, though, why the bug only occurred if IR was installed together with the language pack -- even if the default locale was used.)
Probably because loading order is actually arbitrary. A-Z is a good "guess", but loading order can be any order, depending on what collection of mods are installed. If you had some variable with completely global scope called "item" initialised by your mod, it would only trigger the error from the typo in IR if your mod loaded before IR. The language pack could have triggered that load order. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know, but I've seen similar issues occur, where Alien Biomes would load either before or after IR because of the presence or not of some completely unrelated third party QOL mod with a name in the second half of the alphabet.

I will fix the typos later.

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:23 pm
Pi-C wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:12 am
Probably because loading order is actually arbitrary. A-Z is a good "guess", but loading order can be any order, depending on what collection of mods are installed. If you had some variable with completely global scope called "item" initialised by your mod, it would only trigger the error from the typo in IR if your mod loaded before IR. The language pack could have triggered that load order. Don't ask me how it works, I don't know, but I've seen similar issues occur, where Alien Biomes would load either before or after IR because of the presence or not of some completely unrelated third party QOL mod with a name in the second half of the alphabet.
Thanks for the explanation! I actually did use "item" variable with global scope (fixed now), and my mod was loaded before IR.
I will fix the typos later.
Great! :-D
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

enchant
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by enchant »

I tried IR back when it first came out. After playing a couple non-IR games, I'd like to continue with my original IR save. I've disabled the conflicting mods (bobs, squeak-thru, etc.) and re-enabled IR. However, when I load my game back in, I get a lot of failures that generally point to a missing mod, conflicting mod or missing library. Is there some way to debug this that I'm unaware of? Thanks.

jamesthe1st
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jamesthe1st »

enchant wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:30 am
I tried IR back when it first came out. After playing a couple non-IR games, I'd like to continue with my original IR save. I've disabled the conflicting mods (bobs, squeak-thru, etc.) and re-enabled IR. However, when I load my game back in, I get a lot of failures that generally point to a missing mod, conflicting mod or missing library. Is there some way to debug this that I'm unaware of? Thanks.
Don't worry about that, the disassembly system was changed to a scarping system, so that's why all those recipes changed.

Dutchman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Dutchman »

Hey Deadlock. Just wanted to pop my head in and say thank you for the mod. My partner and I got a lot of fun hours out of it, and it's nice to have more challenges than the vanilla experience without devolving into a meaningless rainbow of upgrades.

I noticed you have given conflicting feelings on adding functionality and uses to the last tier of materials, and discontinuing your work on the mod. Could you maybe give us some idea of if there are still any future plans beyond 1.0.7?

Thank you again for your work.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Cribbit wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:07 pm
mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 am
You fuel it with batteries, it turns charged batteries into uncharged. Iirc normal batteries are like coal and high cap batteries are like solid fuel. No option for anything faster. Hopefully the tooltip update makes it possible to expose that better - even for normal fuel trains I've always been annoyed that the train itself doesn't tell you what the differences in fuels are.
That means electrical trains will be inferior to normal trains by a lot once you get rocket fuel / nuclear fuel. But in between driving trains on solar alone is a bonus. There should be a nuclear battery that you can reprocess instead of charge or electric trains could simply accept nuclear fuel cells and return spend fuel cells. The difference between 120% acceleration and 200% is just too big to keep electric trains otherwise.

Return to β€œMods”