Version 0.17.75

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.75

Post by FactorioBot »

Features
  • Construction robots will attempt to batch build tiles.
Changes
  • Tooltips reworked. They now have a new structure and look.
  • Properties in tooltips have been reorganized and reworked. Common properties have been added to categories.
  • Added more information to tooltips, for example to be able to calculate steam power and nuclear ratios.
  • Recipe and item tooltips are now separate. Item tooltips will be shown for each product in the recipe, if relevant.
  • Descriptions and Total Raw can be hidden using the interface setting.
  • Reorganized the interface settings menu.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash when switching between the map editor and the ghost controller type. (77253)
  • Fixed car movement animation played forwards when reversing. (77158)
  • Fixed a crash related to using LuaCustomTables incorrectly. (77374)
  • Fixed that accumulators wouldn't copy circuit signals correctly in some cases. (77384)
  • Fixed a crash related to removing all collision masks from rails. (77479)
Modding
  • Added ProductPrototype::show_details_in_recipe_tooltip. It determines if a product tooltip should be shown when hovering a recipe.
Scripting
  • Added filtering support for several common Lua events.
  • Added LuaEntity::logistic_network write for construction and logistic robots.
  • Added "lifetime" optional entity creation parameter for speech-bubble entities.
  • Added LuaEntityPrototype::max_distance_of_sector_revealed and max_distance_of_nearby_sector_revealed read.
  • Changed RecipePrototype so it calculates catalyst from ingredients and products automatically if not manually defined.
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

henke37
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.75

Post by henke37 »

Next up: make construction bots bulk build anything. It's a rather obvious idea: once one target is found, scan the area around it for identical targets.

mathturtle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathturtle »

I think the next obvious target for bulk building is belts: they are 1x1 and usually laid down in bulk. But a special case for belts may not be worth it.

IronCartographer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by IronCartographer »

mathturtle wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:31 pm
I think the next obvious target for bulk building is belts: they are 1x1 and usually laid down in bulk. But a special case for belts may not be worth it.
Some people would probably benefit from this, yes.

There are also more...reasonable...examples that are far from uncommon. :P

KosmX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KosmX »

Good work, but I didn't recognize the not connected to power network alert.
electricity-icon-unplugged.png
electricity-icon-unplugged.png (902 Bytes) Viewed 13549 times

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Thanks for these changes (tooltips and tiles).

I have to wait for an update of Cargo ships before I can use it though.

------------------------

Belts, (heat) pipes, and rails would benefit from it

A small part of my smeltery (I cannot zoom out any further)
20191104190456_1.jpg
20191104190456_1.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 13566 times
My module factory (with plenty belts, mostly in the raw material production though.
20191104190107_1.jpg
20191104190107_1.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 13566 times
Belts also have the benefit of having a direction, so it should be "very" easy to detect which ghosts could be covered as well.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Really liking the new look, only small thing I noticed. You barely see the coal-icon in the tooltip.
screen1.png
screen1.png (124.79 KiB) Viewed 13562 times

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

fishycat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:16 pm
Really liking the new look, only small thing I noticed. You barely see the coal-icon in the tooltip.

screen1.png
While this problem is in the vanilla coal as well (though less of a problem), this is specific to the Industrial Revolution mod you are using as it changes the icon.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Ah dang, I forgot IR changes that as well. Vanilla looks okish for me.

gorothdablade
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gorothdablade »

mathturtle wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:31 pm
yeah, there is an implicit knowledge of a neighbor in a "curved" belt as well.

The optimal though would be to have ghosts be aware of neighboring like ghosts (even if it is just a count).
i.e. when placing a ghost, it checks its neighbors, and stores a count of how many are same type ghosts, and increments the count on the neighbor.
when a ghost gets removed (either by being placed or by deleted) it knows how many neighbors need to have their counts decremented, so find them and remove...

this may introduce race conditions if multiple placements happen fast...

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:15 pm
I have to wait for an update of Cargo ships before I can use it though.
Here's a fix until Cargo Ships gets an official update. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Pi-C »

The new tool tips look good indeed! But I've a suggestion:

If a vehicle has weapons, they are shown in the tool tip. However, it would be nice to see whether the weapons can actually be used:
vehicle_tooltips.png
vehicle_tooltips.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 12694 times
As you can see in the inventory, the car doesn't have ammo, so it doesn't really have usable weapons. It would be nice if the tool tip would show something like "(no ammo)", "(not available)" etc. in this case. It's not much of an issue when you're inside the vehicle, as you'll see the vehicle's weapon slots in the bottom right corner. But if you're outside and just hover your mouse over it, you won't know whether there is any ammo. (This can be important with mods like Autodrive and, I guess, AAI Vehicles that allow you to program/remote control vehicles.)

Also, is it possible to add something to an entity's tool tip from a mod? I could use that in GCKI, showing the "owner's" name in the tool tip would be nice if somebody else is using the vehicle and it has changed its color. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

I realized that some of the tooltips, most notably for splitters, are different between the base game and the new player experience. Is that intended?

m44v
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by m44v »

Construction bots don't batch when deconstructing tiles...

unplayable.

Filter62
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Filter62 »

m44v wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:03 am
Construction bots don't batch when deconstructing tiles...

unplayable.
Don't know about unplayable, but yeah, I was expecting that. I would appreciate if this feature gonna be added, deconstructing tiles sometimes same pain as building tiles. XD

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dev-iL »

valneq wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 am
I realized that some of the tooltips, most notably for splitters, are different between the base game and the new player experience. Is that intended?
This issue comes up from time to time in localizations (Crowdin), so I can say with certainty that the developers are well-aware of most (if not all) such cases and choose to keep them this way. AFAIK, this is because the NPE serves also as the "demo" version of the game, so they tried to make it more approachable (simpler language and/or more detailed explanations) and the result is what you see. Seeing how it is unlikely that a new player will skip the tutorial, by the time they transition to freeplay, they already know what entities do and no longer need the long explanations (and even if they did skip it the "regular" explanations are quite informative, especially now with the new tooltips). In some cases this inconsistency doesn't make sense to me at all (e.g. the description of miners - "Mines raw material from resource patches." vs "Mines raw material from resource deposits.") but usually it works out fine.
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Lubricus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lubricus »

I like the new tool tips although I am missing info on stack sizes. I also still miss info on what item that is on a belt I am hovering over. In vanilla that is not a big problem but in BA and Pyanodons it's hard to remember what type of plate is on what belt and they can look quite similar. There is an image of the items on the belt so it shouldn't be to hard to ad an text on what they are.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

Good job on the tool-tip rework. It feels more refined. It also is correcting values I've been mis-remembering.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:59 pm
Scripting
  • Added "lifetime" optional entity creation parameter for speech-bubble entities.
Wait...why is that not called "time_to_live" like everywhere else?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Releases”