[MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Fen1kz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.28

Post by Fen1kz »

Hello, does anybody know if it's working with Industrial Revolution mod?

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Musil »

No idea why it shouldn't, it's purely AI scripting change.

Cala
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cala »

Would it be possible to make this mod compatible with others that add loot drops to aliens and their bases/spawners, such as Alien Walls and Schall Alien Loot? They're not "incompatible" in the sense that they load just fine alongside each other, but Rampant seems to actively replace every vanilla enemy unit and structure spawned during map generation by its own varieties. Only the vanilla ones, when forcibly spawned in, or when this mod's scripting fails to replace them due to apparent overload when there are too many enemies in newly-discovered map areas, are dropping loot from the aforementioned mods.

Or should this suggestion be made to the authors of those other mods instead?

Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pongard »

Is there the possibility to just use the improvement of the AI, but switch off the new enemy types? Especially the flamy ones sounded not like fun from what I read.
I'd like the AI to be more challenging, but with vanilla enemies, what settings do I have to pick?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

The default ones.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pongard »

Ok so with default settings I will not encounter the annyoing flamer bugs which I read about?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

As long as you don't also add Explosive Biters, no :

Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pongard »

I just checked the options, aren't the new bug types enabled (by default)?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

IIRC there's a "master" setting that you have to enable for those to spawn...

Pongard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pongard »

Ok got it, thanks :)

Kylerh15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kylerh15 »

Anyone know if its possible to disable biter swarms from spawning near structures randomly? i love the ai improvements but cant stand biters waves constantly spawning just outside my walls

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I don't remember, is there a way to enable vanilla attacks too, or am I confusing with RSO ? (Or were they never disabled in the first place ?)
Then you would just need to edit the files to make the biters stick to "peaceful" mode...

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant - 0.17.26

Post by BlueTemplar »

To come back to this issue :
pato wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:01 pm
can you add an option to set troll spawner and troll worm regeneration?

my artilleries fire at them forever without dealing any damage. i already set the spawner and worm HP to only 0.1 but even with 1000-1500 hp they regenerate like 1000 hp per second and artilleries dont calculate that regeneration and take another target resulting in an endless loop of target switching
Zaflis wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:09 am
Artilleries "reserve" a kill before it lands. I see this when walking with personal lasers near hives that are in artillery range. If the artillery shot is incoming, my lasers don't shoot the hive because it's already marked dead.

Now if that somehow extends to the biters and spitters too i don't know. Artillery doesn't specifically aim them when autofiring, but you propably can?
So of course you run into issues when your artillery does NOT one-shot kills nests...

pato
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by pato »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:51 pm
To come back to this issue :
pato wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:01 pm
can you add an option to set troll spawner and troll worm regeneration?

my artilleries fire at them forever without dealing any damage. i already set the spawner and worm HP to only 0.1 but even with 1000-1500 hp they regenerate like 1000 hp per second and artilleries dont calculate that regeneration and take another target resulting in an endless loop of target switching
Zaflis wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:09 am
Artilleries "reserve" a kill before it lands. I see this when walking with personal lasers near hives that are in artillery range. If the artillery shot is incoming, my lasers don't shoot the hive because it's already marked dead.

Now if that somehow extends to the biters and spitters too i don't know. Artillery doesn't specifically aim them when autofiring, but you propably can?
So of course you run into issues when your artillery does NOT one-shot kills nests...
yes. they are immortal when useing vanilla shells

Nerchio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nerchio »

Is there any way to add new factions to my map when I am already 8 hours in and I didn't enable them from the beginning?

protoplm
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by protoplm »

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for the mod! I've used it a few times and it definitely makes the game's combat a lot more interesting. I'm curious how the recent changes to biter AI brings the vanilla biters closer to what rampant does as I noticed the biter stacking tweak is already in rampant.

Currently using it with Industrial Revolution to great effect. The mod's changes to combat mix quite well other than the short range early game stuff has, just another puzzle to solve.

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Rampant

Post by Musil »

This mod is amazing. The biters are really quite annoying and unless you have a complete perimeter they will find a way in. Late game enemy variety is quite something, and those big boys with 3k hp and large resistances.

Has a few weaknesses, such as biters never learning not to run into nerve gas, enemies not adjusting their unit production types in response to what kills them most often, and not having a sensible strategy for dealing with minefields.

Overall though, straight A, deserves to be in vanilla.

Kylerh15
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kylerh15 »

I love rampant in almost every way it makes the biter ai so much more dynamic and aggressive. After getting attacked relentlessly me and my friends went to war and wiped out every biter base far beyond our pollution for hours thinking we should be good for awhile but we would still get attacked relentlessly and found out its spawning biters waves right outside our walls instead of on hives and its super frustrating because we love the variety of biters and ai changes the mod makes but spawning non stop biters outside our walls just feels game breaking. i asked about it on this post before but was ignored so i come here again to ask if anyone knows a way to disable this or if there's a alternative that adds a variety of challenging biters while keeping there spawns on there hives and not right outside our walls.

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

Cala wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 pm
Would it be possible to make this mod compatible with others that add loot drops to aliens and their bases/spawners, such as Alien Walls and Schall Alien Loot? They're not "incompatible" in the sense that they load just fine alongside each other, but Rampant seems to actively replace every vanilla enemy unit and structure spawned during map generation by its own varieties. Only the vanilla ones, when forcibly spawned in, or when this mod's scripting fails to replace them due to apparent overload when there are too many enemies in newly-discovered map areas, are dropping loot from the aforementioned mods.

Or should this suggestion be made to the authors of those other mods instead?
I would recommend making a request of the mod authors of the loot mods you want to be compatible.
Kylerh15 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:48 am
Anyone know if its possible to disable biter swarms from spawning near structures randomly? i love the ai improvements but cant stand biters waves constantly spawning just outside my walls
No idea what you are talking about. Modlist at a minimum, most likely will need a save.
BlueTemplar wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:41 pm
I don't remember, is there a way to enable vanilla attacks too, or am I confusing with RSO ? (Or were they never disabled in the first place ?)
Then you would just need to edit the files to make the biters stick to "peaceful" mode...
Re-enable the vanilla AI
pato wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:24 pm
yes. they are immortal when useing vanilla shells
There should be healing scaler setting in the settings for the next version.
Nerchio wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:06 pm
Is there any way to add new factions to my map when I am already 8 hours in and I didn't enable them from the beginning?

Enable the new enemies in the mod settings and that is all you should need to do.
protoplm wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:20 am
Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for the mod! I've used it a few times and it definitely makes the game's combat a lot more interesting. I'm curious how the recent changes to biter AI brings the vanilla biters closer to what rampant does as I noticed the biter stacking tweak is already in rampant.
Glad you like it.

The collision box was reduced in Rampant to reduce the UPS load from pathfinding and cause the units to not dance around each other as much when attacking, or tree navigation. The vanilla game now uses the same size collision box, but causes all biter units to no longer collide with each other at all doing kinda the same thing as the reduced collision box.
Musil wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:49 pm
This mod is amazing. The biters are really quite annoying and unless you have a complete perimeter they will find a way in. Late game enemy variety is quite something, and those big boys with 3k hp and large resistances.

Has a few weaknesses, such as biters never learning not to run into nerve gas, enemies not adjusting their unit production types in response to what kills them most often, and not having a sensible strategy for dealing with minefields.

Overall though, straight A, deserves to be in vanilla.
Glad you like it.

I have some todos to do potentially some better minefield navigation.
The responding to what kills them most often is harder, but again I made a todo to investigate how hard and what impact that would have.
How quickly would you want them to adapt?
Kylerh15 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:48 pm
I love rampant in almost every way it makes the biter ai so much more dynamic and aggressive. After getting attacked relentlessly me and my friends went to war and wiped out every biter base far beyond our pollution for hours thinking we should be good for awhile but we would still get attacked relentlessly and found out its spawning biters waves right outside our walls instead of on hives and its super frustrating because we love the variety of biters and ai changes the mod makes but spawning non stop biters outside our walls just feels game breaking. i asked about it on this post before but was ignored so i come here again to ask if anyone knows a way to disable this or if there's a alternative that adds a variety of challenging biters while keeping there spawns on there hives and not right outside our walls.
Glad you like it.

As I said before would need a modlist and most likely a save. I promise I'm not ignoring you this takes time which I don't have a great deal of.

Musil
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Musil »

How quickly would you want them to adapt?
Should be variable, depending on some difficulty preset.

But suppose if they send two waves and they do very little damage each to non-wall structures, the next wave would include biters with some resistances to the most common causes of deaths in the preceding wave.

But, there'd have to be some trade-offs, that is, the biter properties ( speed, damage, %DR, the flat DT to various damage types) ought to be limited, so no biter of certain size could be 'too good'. You know, like a point system for RPG characters.

Maybe, if biters get beaten badly, randomly generating a dozen new enemy types with new point distribution, and then seeing which ones survive the longest/do the most damage. Then the most successful biter types would be produced more by the nests.

Return to “Mods”