[Rseding91] [0.17.68] Steam engine ghost lua set direction to northeast weird graphics

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[Rseding91] [0.17.68] Steam engine ghost lua set direction to northeast weird graphics

Post by boskid »

1. Place steam engine ghost
  2. Point cursor to steam engine ghost
  3. Code: Select all

/c game.player.selected.direction=defines.direction.northeast
steam-engine-northeast.png
steam-engine-northeast.png (43.73 KiB) Viewed 2974 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.68] Steam engine ghost lua set direction to northeast weird graphics

Post by boskid »

Heat exchanger ghost, when set to "northeast" crashes game:
log

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Express loader ghost, when set to northeast also crashes but in a different way:
log

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report(s). The main issue is: setting direction of a ghost after creation currently isn't supported - so I'm not surprised that it crashes when you do so.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.17.68] Steam engine ghost lua set direction to northeast weird graphics

Post by Rseding91 »

It's now fixed for the next version of 0.17 by disallowing writing direction on entity ghosts. There's a to-do to make ghosts work the same as standard entities (let you rotate them, change settings, and so on) for one of the future versions of the game and when that happens the Lua API will allow setting direction on them again.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [0.17.68] Steam engine ghost lua set direction to northeast weird graphics

Post by boskid »

Rseding91 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:58 pm
[...] There's a to-do to make ghosts work the same as standard entities (let you rotate them, change settings, and so on) for one of the future versions of the game and when that happens the Lua API will allow setting direction on them again.
So both 75594 and 75595 are "duplicate" for now because core issue is "entity ghost lua set direction" not supported. Second one is not yet marked as duplicate. Is it intentional so Dominik makes note that this will need to be fixed in future?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

I'll move the other report into duplicates. The desync will most likely be fixed when support to set direction on ghosts is implemented. Most likely the reason it desyncs is it's not doing the normal rotation logic because it's a ghost and all of the pipe logic expects that ghosts don't rotate after creation.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”