Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

mrvn wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:34 am

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. What are you using to make the sprites? Any chance to get a look at the models so maybe someone else can add some lights?
I dont think its possible, but anyone can open the files in the mod and try to make it from the sprites there
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 pm
Try updating everything one last time we replaced all the mod migration this time
That seems to have done the trick. All recipes seem to be showing up now.

Thanks for all the hard work.
sorry to bother you again but still i cant see the mod list

also u said in the stream u have a build that generates crude oil how does it work?

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:51 pm

also u said in the stream u have a build that generates crude oil how does it work?
The mod list is on my stream schedule page on my website. The link to the page on my Twitch channel is in the About pane, under the PC parts list. Or just click my name here on the forum, hit the "visit website" link, and navigate to the stream schedule page. Reminds me I need to add the three mods I just added for today onto the list.

I haven't yet built anything specific to crude oil yet, but there are various options, such as tar to crude recipe with fawogae-based tar, renewably-sourced drilling fluid recipes, bio-based aromatics (fawogae + ralesia) + tailings + water into crude, steam, and olefins, and bio-based aromatics and bio-based syngas into crude, to name a few.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

otakushowboat wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:12 pm
immortal_sniper1 wrote:

The mod list is on my stream schedule page on my website. The link to the page on my Twitch channel is in the About pane, under the PC parts list. Or just click my name here on the forum, hit the "visit website" link, and navigate to the stream schedule page. Reminds me I need to add the three mods I just added for today onto the list.

I haven't yet built anything specific to crude oil yet, but there are various options, such as tar to crude recipe with fawogae-based tar, renewably-sourced drilling fluid recipes, bio-based aromatics (fawogae + ralesia) + tailings + water into crude, steam, and olefins, and bio-based aromatics and bio-based syngas into crude, to name a few.
i made a 1200MW plant that runs on 200 crude 563 tar and 38 coal /s
that is why i was asking

also
read
Akame ga Kill!
Hunter x Hunter

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

otakushowboat wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:

My favorite Crude Oil chain is:

Stone (from sand extractor or borer) => Tar (quenching) => Coal Gas (optionally with the oxygen recipe) => SynGas
Tar => Creosote => Aromatics
Syngas + Aromatics => Crude Oil

Needs relatively few machines (compared to bio-based chains), and you can use productivity modules in each step. You get like 5 different waste products though, but that's PyMods :).

Makes 1000 Crude/s from 50 Stone/s (which is 17 Iron Stick/s or 6.1 Iron Plate/s) with max prod. modules.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ShadowGlass wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:09 am
otakushowboat wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:

My favorite Crude Oil chain is:

Stone (from sand extractor or borer) => Tar (quenching) => Coal Gas (optionally with the oxygen recipe) => SynGas
Tar => Creosote => Aromatics
Syngas + Aromatics => Crude Oil

Needs relatively few machines (compared to bio-based chains), and you can use productivity modules in each step. You get like 5 different waste products though, but that's PyMods :).

Makes 1000 Crude/s from 50 Stone/s (which is 17 Iron Stick/s or 6.1 Iron Plate/s) with max prod. modules.
ill look into it it is for my power plant so H2 waste is welcome
tailings too since it is main nexelite source atm

zx64
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Kicalk plantations should glow

Post by zx64 »

mrvn wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm
Most (raw fiber) recipes for the Kicalk plantation require an extra lamp. That makes me think they should glow in the dark when working.
Did you mean glow like the vanilla centrifuges? Here's the relevant bit of centrifuge's entity definition that makes it glow when working:

Code: Select all

working_visualisations =
    {
      {
        effect = "uranium-glow", -- changes alpha based on energy source light intensity
        light = {intensity = 0.6, size = 9.9, shift = {0.0, 0.0}, color = {r = 0.0, g = 1.0, b = 0.0}}
      }
    },
and the wiki page: https://wiki.factorio.com/Types/WorkingVisualisation

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

ohh nice, o shall take a look
pY Coal processing mod

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Yes zx64, that's exactly what I mean. I guess in this case the color should be white. Maybe some of the plants reflection mixed in.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

otakushowboat wrote:
immortal_sniper1 wrote:

i found something else that you need to mine or use ground borers , Mo ore u need it here and there for intermediaries even if u get Mo plated vis PA,
if it wasn t for the ground borer it would be mine only like rare earth

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

Can you make the tier 3 modules require tier 4 circuits instead of tier 2 circuits?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

its a good idea.
pY Coal processing mod

Mecejide
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mecejide »

The descriptions achievements related to circuit production use the vanilla circuit names.

tiriscef
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tiriscef »

I don't know if it's intentional, but you essentially baned all vanilla modules in pyht's buildings by disallowing pollution and consumption module effects.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

tiriscef wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:01 pm
I don't know if it's intentional, but you essentially baned all vanilla modules in pyht's buildings by disallowing pollution and consumption module effects.
it wasnt and im already working on fixing it.

LuxArdens
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LuxArdens »

Hey Pyanodon,

Really love your mod; I recently started my third run with it. I also like the balancing that's happened since 0.16, it makes the mod a whole lot more UPS-friendly :D

I did notice that electronic components now require their predecessor, like resistor 2 requires resistor 1 in the recipe. Is there a reason for that? It doesn't really make sense to me, after all, miniaturization of electronics made all predecessors completely obsolete. Modern chips outperform vacuum tubes in every single way, so why have them and other components as a requirement to build modern circuits? (I don't see any big, crude resistors on my CPU for example...)

In the same vein, have you considered adding recipes to convert Circuit Board 2 into Circuit Board 1, et cetera? E.a. downgrading them? After all, there's no function that a crude circuit can perform, that a more modern circuit wouldn't be able to do better and at lower cost. It'd be really great if after spending so much time building a whole factory to get the next level of circuitry, you essentially make the old circuit boards obsolete, like happened in real life.

Cheers!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

LuxArdens wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 pm
Hey Pyanodon,

Really love your mod; I recently started my third run with it. I also like the balancing that's happened since 0.16, it makes the mod a whole lot more UPS-friendly :D

I did notice that electronic components now require their predecessor, like resistor 2 requires resistor 1 in the recipe. Is there a reason for that? It doesn't really make sense to me, after all, miniaturization of electronics made all predecessors completely obsolete. Modern chips outperform vacuum tubes in every single way, so why have them and other components as a requirement to build modern circuits? (I don't see any big, crude resistors on my CPU for example...)

In the same vein, have you considered adding recipes to convert Circuit Board 2 into Circuit Board 1, et cetera? E.a. downgrading them? After all, there's no function that a crude circuit can perform, that a more modern circuit wouldn't be able to do better and at lower cost. It'd be really great if after spending so much time building a whole factory to get the next level of circuitry, you essentially make the old circuit boards obsolete, like happened in real life.

Cheers!
makeing resistors 2 from 1 is like not realists and i agree it is not needed
makeing circuits from the predecesor is probably i thing from vanilla
yes it would be nice to be able to make lower tech circuis from uppeer tier ones

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

if people are looking for realism, are in the wrong game. Factorio is not a simulator.
pY Coal processing mod

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:45 pm
if people are looking for realism, are in the wrong game. Factorio is not a simulator.
Did you check the number of resistors, transistors, cpus, ... vs the number of boards produced? Do I get 1/2 transistor on each board?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

like i care. These items are a representation, not how real things are. Again, like i said before, its not a realistic game.

Mod yourself a perfect realistic circuit chain and then complain why people dont play it or complain about have to craft 50 resistors each board.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”