Low ups on modded game, getting worse. Usually fine.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Low ups on modded game, getting worse. Usually fine.

Post by equitime77 »

Hi, Im running seablock with LTN and chest merge etc. Am running into very low ups (less than 20), I think since I really tackled the fluids, and there is a lot of fluids to sort out in this modpack. Im wondering if anyone wants to have a look at it to see how I can get more out of it, or if any streamlining (not the word I wanted but hey it sort of works...) can be done? Im blaming fluid dynamics, could be something else...

Ive turned everything as low as I can for instance graphics etc. Running on an i7-2600k with 8gb ram.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DzuM75 ... ndSYi/view

https://imgur.com/gallery/WC7FYJN

Thanks

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Low ups on modded game, getting worse. Usually fine.

Post by Rseding91 »

I looked into your save and most of the time is spent in loaders. You've got a *lot* of them and they are not great for performance. Remove them and use inserters instead.

Also, the merging-chests make for very poor performance because of how many slots they have - the more slots the worse performance for everything interacting with them.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by equitime77 »

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into it. I shall remove loaders n look into reducing the merged chests

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

equitime77 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:35 am
Thank you very much for taking the time to look into it. I shall remove loaders n look into reducing the merged chests
Some tips: Normal loaders are pretty bad for train unload. I use stack inserter for that. Also, Miniloaders are using inserters internally and can be used.
Merging Chests can be limited by changing settings. F.e. IIRC there's a setting how big of an area you can create, which defaults to 1600 or such. I reduced it to 40, because I only create chests for train unload with 1x40 max. This also reduces startup time of factorio by a lot.

Hope it helps

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Woah, cool train grid !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am
equitime77 wrote:
Some tips: Normal loaders are pretty bad for train unload. I use stack inserter for that. Also, Miniloaders are using inserters internally and can be used.
As far as I know the C++ loaders don't interact with trains at all, so any mod which uses them (ie, anything that isn't "miniloaders") has to write Lua scripting to move the items around for them to work that way. Which isn't good for performance, indeed.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

slippycheeze wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 pm
jodokus31 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am
equitime77 wrote:
As far as I know the C++ loaders don't interact with trains at all, so any mod which uses them (ie, anything that isn't "miniloaders") has to write Lua scripting to move the items around for them to work that way. Which isn't good for performance, indeed.
Loader Redux for example did it, with this warning:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LoaderRed ... 1024d76534

But since miniloaders, i never used other loader mods, so I don't know, which of those supports cargo wagons

equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by equitime77 »

Ive found that three inserters is faster than using a loader setup, iii instead of ll (i = inserter, l = loader)

equitime77
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by equitime77 »

BlueTemplar wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm
Woah, cool train grid !
Thanks

Return to “Technical Help”