[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

morningstar1001 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 am
After few weeks, I resume my Bobs &Angel saves game and update the mod and have some issues:
- The length of red underground belt now shorter (6 or 7 tiles like vanilla) so my production line is broken in many place. I'm not sure if the length is modified by Bobs or Angel mod. But will the length is set shorter like this? So I'll make change in my factory.
The game likes to reset your mod settings. go in there and change things.
For example, it could have turned on belt distance overhaul, you might need to either turn it off, or play with the numbers.
morningstar1001 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 am
- Some spliter not work, they just stop output. If I deconstruction and put back, they will work again. Is there any way better than manual replace one by one?

Thanks
Okay, I have no idea what could be causing this one.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by emp_zealoth »

I've got a weird one - whenever I do Ctrl + F to search recipes in What's it really used for (or whatever the up-to-date one is called), find the item I'm looking for, browse the recipe and then i close the window with Esc I get this error and the game crashes to main menu:

Code: Select all

The mod Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event bobinserters::on_gui_closed (ID 84)
__bobinserters__/control.lua:462: attempt to index field 'element' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobinserters__/control.lua:462: in function <__bobinserters__/control.lua:450>

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

emp_zealoth wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm
I've got a weird one - whenever I do Ctrl + F to search recipes in What's it really used for (or whatever the up-to-date one is called), find the item I'm looking for, browse the recipe and then i close the window with Esc I get this error and the game crashes to main menu:

The mod Bob's Adjustable Inserters mod caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event bobinserters::on_gui_closed (ID 84)
__bobinserters__/control.lua:462: attempt to index field 'element' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	__bobinserters__/control.lua:462: in function <__bobinserters__/control.lua:450>
what version are you using?
is it the one I updated a few hours ago?
I also have a Patreon.

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by emp_zealoth »

Sorry, I was away.
The latest update fixed it <3

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

emp_zealoth wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:37 pm
Sorry, I was away.
The latest update fixed it <3
I basically just added a check to see if the GUIelement (the frame that holds the GUI is an element) is valid before checking it's name.

from the error report, it failed on the line that checks the name of the GUI to see if it is mine you're attempting to close by pressing escape, so I figured... maybe the other mod already deleted it? I'd best add a check for that.
I also have a Patreon.

emp_zealoth
Inserter
Inserter

Post by emp_zealoth »

You are awesome :mrgreen:

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

Why doesn't the Flare Stack burn chemicals?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

afrnjhb wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:32 pm
Why doesn't the Flare Stack burn chemicals?
I don't know, that's an Angels mods thing.

I do have a gas venting pump in bob's mods that would get rid of most gasses though.
I also have a Patreon.

afrnjhb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by afrnjhb »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:15 pm
I don't know, that's an Angels mods thing.

I do have a gas venting pump in bob's mods that would get rid of most gasses though.
Sorry, I totally meant to post it to Angel's thread.

calcwizard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by calcwizard »

Clock has a mod conflict when another mod changes any mod setting via script, even its own. When changed by script, the resulting on_runtime_mod_setting_changed has a player_index of nil. Clock's handler for this event doesn't properly handle this and crashes.

Here is the relevant part of the stack traceback when the error happens.

The mod Clock caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event clock::on_runtime_mod_setting_changed (ID 59)
__clock__/control.lua:195: bad argument #3 of 3 to '__index' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '__index'
	__clock__/control.lua:195: in function <__clock__/control.lua:194>
stack traceback:
	__floating-damage-text__/control.lua:148: in function <__floating-damage-text__/control.lua:137>
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '__newindex'
	__floating-damage-text__/control.lua:148: in function <__floating-damage-text__/control.lua:137>

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

calcwizard wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:23 pm
Clock has a mod conflict when another mod changes any mod setting via script, even its own. When changed by script, the resulting on_runtime_mod_setting_changed has a player_index of nil. Clock's handler for this event doesn't properly handle this and crashes.

Here is the relevant part of the stack traceback when the error happens.

The mod Clock caused a non-recoverable error.

Error while running event clock::on_runtime_mod_setting_changed (ID 59)
__clock__/control.lua:195: bad argument #3 of 3 to '__index' (string expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '__index'
	__clock__/control.lua:195: in function <__clock__/control.lua:194>
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '__newindex'
Should be easy enough to fix, thank you for the report.
I also have a Patreon.

marzolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marzolan »

Not sure if this was happening before, or if it's something introduced with the most recent experimental release (possibly related to the reports of UPS drops), but since I'm only noticing it on modded building I thought I'd drop it here first:

The fluid ports on electronics assembly machines constantly flicker in and out of existence while the machines are in operation at all but the closest levels of zoom. Actually it looks like they're always there, but alternating between being on top of the assembler graphic, or behind it. Only in operation, and it seems to be when pulling fluids as the recipe cycles. Did not notice this before the 0.17.59 experimental release.

EDIT: I take it back. It's not only while in operation, though the flickering is much more noticeable and frequent. They also seem to change when I move my character with them on screen as well. Still only noticing it with the electronics assembly machines though. It's visible in map view but doesn't seem to change. I'm also using the bottleneck mod, which draws it's light indicators over the same location as the fluid input. The flickering doesn't seem to be tied to the update behavior of that mod as I have the update cycling slowed way down and the flickering is frequent when the machines are in operation. Still, with what looks like two overlay drawings, perhaps it's a conflict between the two mods...
Two EAMs with different fluid port drawing configuration
Two EAMs with different fluid port drawing configuration
Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 8.22.53 AM.png (292.03 KiB) Viewed 4419 times

pAckmAn4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pAckmAn4000 »

Recipes changed after the latest upgrade to 0.17.61 and then 0.17.62. For example transport belt 3 now suddenly started to require more components
FactorionBobsMod.png
FactorionBobsMod.png (533.53 KiB) Viewed 4275 times
UPD: I just realised I also updated some of bobs mods, but I don't remember which ones.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pAckmAn4000 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:25 pm
Recipes changed after the latest upgrade to 0.17.61 and then 0.17.62. For example transport belt 3 now suddenly started to require more components
FactorionBobsMod.png

UPD: I just realised I also updated some of bobs mods, but I don't remember which ones.
There's this strange issue where mod configs seem to reset themselves occasionally. is it possible you had the transport belt overhaul turned off before, and it's turned on now?
I also have a Patreon.

pAckmAn4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pAckmAn4000 »

There's this strange issue where mod configs seem to reset themselves occasionally. is it possible you had the transport belt overhaul turned off before, and it's turned on now?
it's very much possible. In fact I think that's exactly what happened. Should I repost it to the main (non-mod) bug thread?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pAckmAn4000 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:13 pm
it's very much possible. In fact I think that's exactly what happened. Should I repost it to the main (non-mod) bug thread?
You could, but I'm not sure there's much they can do about it, I mean... it's something that's just pretty random. unless you have the log file from when it actually happened, it's not really predictable or repeatable.

Though... If you use the steam version, have you recently rolled back a version? I think if you let it update, then roll back, configs are reset in that case.
I also have a Patreon.

pAckmAn4000
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pAckmAn4000 »

You could, but I'm not sure there's much they can do about it, I mean... it's something that's just pretty random. unless you have the log file from when it actually happened, it's not really predictable or repeatable.
Yup, I rolled back to 17.58 when there was an recent issue with 17.60 / 17.61...

Ok, seems like I need to start over because my saves are now updated to 17.62 version :(

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

pAckmAn4000 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:38 pm
Yup, I rolled back to 17.58 when there was an recent issue with 17.60 / 17.61...

Ok, seems like I need to start over because my saves are now updated to 17.62 version :(
AFAIK, .61 had issues in that bob's mods wouldn't even load, due to an issue with fluidEnergySource.
.62 should have fixed that issue.
however, .60 did introduce the oil overhaul, and I still haven't updated to fix the balance issues for that, so 0.17.59 is the latest version I'd recommend for now.
I also have a Patreon.

marzolan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by marzolan »

So it seems like the basic pink alien science pack made form alien artifacts doesn't allow productivity/god modules. All other science packs, including the other alien science packs do. Was this an intentional decision for some reason or is something amiss here?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

pAckmAn4000 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:38 pm

You don't have saves that you could roll back to ?
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to “Bob's mods”