[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

coffee_fiend wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:22 pm
Looks like the latest release may have broken bob's logistics along with 2 others I don't care as much about.
I did just test this and it breaks with just Bob's Logistics only.

The main error is:

Error while running setup for entity prototype "express-underground-belt" (underground-belt): next_upgrade target (turbo-underground-belt) must have the same bounding box.
you're a bit slow, I released a fix about 7 minutes before you posted the error report.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

coffee_fiend
Inserter
Inserter

Post by coffee_fiend »

Just a bit slow in posting, I refreshed after another post and found the fix.
Awesome turn around time, thanks :D

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

coffee_fiend wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:29 pm
Just a bit slow in posting, I refreshed after another post and found the fix.
Awesome turn around time, thanks :D
you're welcome. I aim to please.
I also have a Patreon.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Bob,

Why was this change needed:
Change all recipe enabled = "false" lines to enabled = false
Thanks

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

TheSAguy wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:13 am
Bob,

Why was this change needed:
Change all recipe enabled = "false" lines to enabled = false
Thanks
It wasn't "needed", but, nearly all recipes in my mods have "false" in them, yet I noticed that NONE in the base game do, they all have false. So, I compared to older versions of the game, and at a certain point there was a change from "false" to false, but I haven't pinpoint exactly when yet.

The advantage of using false over "false" is that during a Boolean check, false will actually return a false, yet "false" being a string in theory returns true. So the advantage is you can actually run a test on .enabled to see if it's true or not. (though, since if it's true, in most cases it's absent which is nil, which also returns a false, means that this logic is probably useless because it just means you have to specifically check for false, which you have to do already checking for "false")
I also have a Patreon.

goakiller900
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by goakiller900 »

Hey there perhaps i found a bug or more likely i'am missing something . but adding just bob's modules to a already running game i cant craft contact modules

to see if i forgot a research somewhere i forced a research all with console i did not

FNEI tells me i cant not craft it

Edit same with Module processor board

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

goakiller900 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 am
Hey there perhaps i found a bug or more likely i'am missing something . but adding just bob's modules to a already running game i cant craft contact modules

to see if i forgot a research somewhere i forced a research all with console i did not

Prototypes/recipe/electronics-updates.lua, near the end of the file.

Code: Select all

bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-case")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-circuit-board")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-contact")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-processor-board")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "speed-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "effectivity-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "productivity-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "pollution-clean-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "pollution-create-processor")
So all of those items are added to modules technology in the data updates phase, guaranteed. Unless of course there is no modules technology anymore because a mod removed it.

Either way, it sounds like you're running with a mod that either deletes modules tech, or edits them off it.
I also have a Patreon.

goakiller900
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by goakiller900 »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:12 pm
goakiller900 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:39 am

Prototypes/recipe/electronics-updates.lua, near the end of the file.

Code: Select all

bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-case")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-circuit-board")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-contact")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "module-processor-board")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "speed-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "effectivity-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "productivity-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "pollution-clean-processor")
bobmods.lib.tech.add_recipe_unlock("modules", "pollution-create-processor")
So all of those items are added to modules technology in the data updates phase, guaranteed. Unless of course there is no modules technology anymore because a mod removed it.

Either way, it sounds like you're running with a mod that either deletes modules tech, or edits them off it.

Hey i just checked again and it seems in a new game it works fine when

its just happening to a already running game. not much you can do about that or would be unreasonable so :)
(yes same mods and everything)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

goakiller900 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm
Hey i just checked again and it seems in a new game it works fine when

its just happening to a already running game. not much you can do about that or would be unreasonable so :)
(yes same mods and everything)
Copy control.lua out of bobplates into bobmodules. That will fix the issue.

It's the sort of thing you only want to run once, and fixes all migrations, but it's not exactly good practice as it deletes scripted unlocks. (anything not unlocked by a technology)
However, I opted for that solution as without it, you need to write a migration file for every change in recipe-unlocks. (delete if this, add if that, some changes can get pretty complicated)
I also have a Patreon.

3hose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3hose »

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug but it sure is a pain.

I have a LTN network set up that works great. It is using an adaptation of the v2 requester stations from the LTN forum. As I said it works great, right up until I upgraded all the locomotives to mk3 from vanilla. All My trains were coming back to the depot with what they had picked up from the providers. After riding a train to a req station and poking around a bit I discovered the locomotive signal was not tripping the combinator as it should. Great, problem solved, just change the combinator to locomotive mk3. Nope, no such luck.

So I check the train and yes it is a mk3
bobltn-loco.jpg
bobltn-loco.jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
So I change the reversing diode to a generic diode.
bobltn-com.jpg
bobltn-com.jpg (477.3 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
The arithmetic combinator is passing the signal but the decider is not detecting it as mk3
bobltn-decider1.jpg
bobltn-decider1.jpg (92.08 KiB) Viewed 4826 times
bobltn-decider2.jpg
bobltn-decider2.jpg (258.48 KiB) Viewed 4826 times

And connect a Nixie tube to it and it is not detecting it as mk3 either
bobltn-nix.jpg
bobltn-nix.jpg (182.45 KiB) Viewed 4826 times

This shows that the Locomotive mk3 is not being detected by the network. I am going to try a workaround for the time being but I figured you should know about this.

PS. I also made sure I have plenty power.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

3hose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:33 pm

I have a LTN network set up that works great. It is using an adaptation of the v2 requester stations from the LTN forum. As I said it works great, right up until I upgraded all the locomotives to mk3 from vanilla. All My trains were coming back to the depot with what they had picked up from the providers. After riding a train to a req station and poking around a bit I discovered the locomotive signal was not tripping the combinator as it should. Great, problem solved, just change the combinator to locomotive mk3. Nope, no such luck.

bobltn-loco.jpg
bobltn-com.jpg
The arithmetic combinator is passing the signal but the decider is not detecting it as mk3
bobltn-decider1.jpgbobltn-decider2.jpg

bobltn-nix.jpg

This shows that the Locomotive mk3 is not being detected by the network. I am going to try a workaround for the time being but I figured you should know about this.

The MK1 is Vanilla, the MK3 is Bobs. I'm just guessing here, but, LTN probably write the script to specifically look for "data.raw.locomotive.locomotive" rather than iterating through "data.raw.locomotive".

Since my MK3 is a clone of the vanilla locomotive (It used to be copy-paste code, but since 0.17 it's a util.merge clone. that's pretty much the same as a table.deepcopy clone that most modders use), there's no good reason why it shouldn't work with it.

Ask in LTN if they're looking for anything other than a vanilla locomotive, maybe they could add support for it?
I also have a Patreon.

toorudez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toorudez »

Here's a head scratcher. I'm not sure what changed recently, but now when I use Boblibrary with Py the recipe for Circuit Board 1 changes to Circuit 1. If you start a sandbox game and include all tech and items, 200 Circuit Board 1 are placed in your inventory. However, there is no recipe for Circuit Board 1, only Circuit 1. But all the buildings require Circuit Board 1 to construct. I can find no reference to Circuit 1 in the Boblibrary mod. The same thing for Circuit Board 2. I have tried this with 0.17.50 to 0.17.54 and it's the same. I am trying to trouble shoot where the change occurred as it was working fine a few weeks ago.
Edit: Perhaps is a function of the PyCoalTBaA mod. I disabled that one while using Boblibrary, and the Circuit Board 1,2 and 3 recipes showed up. I'll bug those guys regarding it.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

toorudez wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm
Here's a head scratcher. I'm not sure what changed recently, but now when I use Boblibrary with Py the recipe for Circuit Board 1 changes to Circuit 1. If you start a sandbox game and include all tech and items, 200 Circuit Board 1 are placed in your inventory. However, there is no recipe for Circuit Board 1, only Circuit 1. But all the buildings require Circuit Board 1 to construct. I can find no reference to Circuit 1 in the Boblibrary mod. The same thing for Circuit Board 2. I have tried this with 0.17.50 to 0.17.54 and it's the same. I am trying to trouble shoot where the change occurred as it was working fine a few weeks ago.
Edit: Perhaps is a function of the PyCoalTBaA mod. I disabled that one while using Boblibrary, and the Circuit Board 1,2 and 3 recipes showed up. I'll bug those guys regarding it.
It's a known issue of 0.0.56. Revert to 0.0.55 for now

3hose
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 3hose »

bobingabout wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:36 pm
3hose wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:33 pm

bobltn-loco.jpg
bobltn-com.jpg
bobltn-decider1.jpgbobltn-decider2.jpg

bobltn-nix.jpg

The MK1 is Vanilla, the MK3 is Bobs. I'm just guessing here, but, LTN probably write the script to specifically look for "data.raw.locomotive.locomotive" rather than iterating through "data.raw.locomotive".

Since my MK3 is a clone of the vanilla locomotive (It used to be copy-paste code, but since 0.17 it's a util.merge clone. that's pretty much the same as a table.deepcopy clone that most modders use), there's no good reason why it shouldn't work with it.

Ask in LTN if they're looking for anything other than a vanilla locomotive, maybe they could add support for it?

Thanks for the reply.

I did a little more testing and I finally figured out the cause of the issue. I selected locomotive mk3 from the logistics tab. It SHOULD be selected from the SIGNALS tab (Encoded Positions of Locomotive mk3). Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have figured it out without the reply. ;)

victoredward
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by victoredward »

bobingabout wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 pm
you're a bit slow, I released a fix about 7 minutes before you posted the error report.
Where's it? I can't find it and I got the same problem :/

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

victoredward wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:16 pm
bobingabout wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:25 pm
Where's it? I can't find it and I got the same problem :/
Just update the mod, it's that easy.

Though, granted with the game in the current unloadable state, the first step is to disable the erroring mod.
Once it is disabled, launch Factorio, go to mods, click the updates tab, and check for updates. Then make sure that boblogistics is one that you update. While in that menu, also make sure to re-enable the disabled boblogistics mod.
Press apply, the game will reload, everything should work.
I also have a Patreon.

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theit8514 »

I'm having an issue trying to blueprint and paste a vanilla blueprint with all the bob's mods installed. When the blueprint is pasted with the mods enabled, it is not connected to the circuit network.

I think the issue is the difference between Fast Inserter and Express Inserter. If I paste the blueprint in vanilla and add bob's, the inserter is a Fast Inserter and is connected to the circuit properly.

If I add bob's then paste the blueprint, it places Express Inserter and it is not connected to the circuit network.

Blueprint: https://pastebin.com/raw/Zuani7mH
Mods: https://pastebin.com/My88PAvV

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Might this be related ?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73164
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

theit8514 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:16 am
I'm having an issue trying to blueprint and paste a vanilla blueprint with all the bob's mods installed. When the blueprint is pasted with the mods enabled, it is not connected to the circuit network.

I think the issue is the difference between Fast Inserter and Express Inserter. If I paste the blueprint in vanilla and add bob's, the inserter is a Fast Inserter and is connected to the circuit properly.

If I add bob's then paste the blueprint, it places Express Inserter and it is not connected to the circuit network.

Blueprint: https://pastebin.com/raw/Zuani7mH
Mods: https://pastebin.com/My88PAvV
It's entirely my fault (Bob's logistics) and It's one of the things that has been on my to do list for a while(before 0.17), but I just really don't want to look at it (I keep putting it off in favor of other things on the list, including new things)

Migrate the blueprint, and that will fix the issue.

1. Assuming it's in your blueprint library, copy it and drop it in your inventory (When grabbing from the library, Q will delete the blueprint in your hand, so press E to open your inventory and literally put it in an empty slot in there.)
2. Do the same with an upgrade planner (put it in your inventory)
3. Right click the upgrade planner to configure it.
there's a bunch of 2 column sections, on the left is the old, and right is new entity.
click old, select the Logistics tab, click the icon for the inserter that is in the blueprint, it will now be in the old slot.
click new, select the Bob's Logistics tab, click the inserter you want it to become, it will now be in the new slot.
Press apply, the config window will close.
4. Apply the migration to the blueprint
Left click the upgrade planner to hold it, right click on the blueprint to configure it.
In the top right corner is a bunch of buttons, one sort of looks like a grey blueprint. while holding the upgrade planner, left click that grey blueprint button.
As you click, you might see the inserters in the blueprint change colour instantly if you chose a different grade inserter. (Eg, if the old one was base game fast, and the new one is bob's turbo, the inserters in the blueprint will change from blue to purple)
Click the green tick to apply the change.
5. You now have a blueprint that should work, you may delete the upgrade planner (right click on it to enter config mode, and press the red X)

Possible fixes for my mod...

All fixes would delete the broken migrations script (that deletes the entity ghost upon being placed and replaces it with a bob's version, however doing it this way loses wire connections and filters.)

1. Make a better script. Basically, save the states of all the other things like wire connections and filters before deleting and creating a new one, so they can be restored.
2. Just add "placable_by" on the old inserter entity, so that robots can build the old inserters placed by ghosts in old blueprints.
3. Why are they even separate things in the first place? Just get rid of the copy versions and use the originals with updated numbers. (there are actually reasons, such as hand positions only being saved if they've been changed, so if the definition of a long-handed-inserter changed to standard reach, all base game long handed inserters would just turn into normal reach red fast inserters. The other reason being name changes, but that could be fixed with a localised_name entry)
4. Kick the devs into actually implementing ghost to ghost fast replace scripting.

The best solution is probably a combination of number 3 (do that and fix locale entries for everything except the long handed inserter) and then something else for the long handed inserter... most likely apply all the new stats except reach to it, then add placable_by to it, so ghosts can still place it if it's in a blueprint.
Alternatively (still only talking about long-handed inserter) do the full script replacement for it as in option 1, however, option 2 of just making it look like a red fast inserter would be easier.
I also have a Patreon.

morningstar1001
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by morningstar1001 »

After few weeks, I resume my Bobs &Angel saves game and update the mod and have some issues:
- The length of red underground belt now shorter (6 or 7 tiles like vanilla) so my production line is broken in many place. I'm not sure if the length is modified by Bobs or Angel mod. But will the length is set shorter like this? So I'll make change in my factory.
- Some spliter not work, they just stop output. If I deconstruction and put back, they will work again. Is there any way better than manual replace one by one?

Thanks

Return to “Bob's mods”