Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.5

Post by randomdude »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 am
arrowcircle wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:48 am
Is there are any known ways to fix seablock with latest factorio version?
And what is there to fix?

If it's broken I certainly don't want to try updating.

It's only bob logistics. When the update that forced an upgrade to an entity to have the exact same bounding box than the previous tier was released, undergrounds in bob logistics broke. But the mod is updated, and it's the only required (and advised, as bob has released stuff that will make the game very unbalanced power wise) to make it work again

arrowcircle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arrowcircle »

Problem is I have recipes missing. For example, no catalysts are available including FNEI. I tried to reinstall all mods, but result is the same. After update, catalysts miss.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm
Problem is I have recipes missing. For example, no catalysts are available including FNEI. I tried to reinstall all mods, but result is the same. After update, catalysts miss.
To make sure: You have the modpack from the first page installed and then you updated factorio itself (not any mods) and catalysts went missing?

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:50 pm
To make sure: You have the modpack from the first page installed and then you updated factorio itself (not any mods) and catalysts went missing?
This can't be it, cause atm, if you have the whole pack from the first page link, factorio will throw an error on load

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

NeuralParity wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:16 am
So are any of you fellow marathon players running a 'clean' SeaBlock, or are you also cheating the walking around by using long reach/squeak through? I'm only about 1/3 the way through green science and I'm already at the point where even maxed out long reach won't reach from one side of my base to the other.
I have no long reach and no walking speed buff, but squeak through. I basically travel around in my construction train with angel's crawler bots. A mall based on angel's logistics bots. Everything else is and should remain belt/train based. LTN, miniloaders and wide chests for train stations, which can support multiple input/outputs.
randomdude wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:21 am
...(and advised, as bob has released stuff that will make the game very unbalanced power wise) ...
Do you mean the heat exchanger stuff with oil burning generators? I'm currently researching it. But if its too OP, i will skip it.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Psyramics wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Just to jump in on to the "Elendilomone is hype" train:

5 Washing Plant 2s produce enough mud for 7 Elendilomone farms with swamp upgrade which, with ceramic filtering, produces 33MW worth of fuel oil. When you unlock cracking Mineral Oil to Synthesis Gas, you can add another 7.4MW by burning the Synthesis Gas directly, for a total of 40MW. That's a whole nuclear reactor off 7 farms! It consumes 3.5MW to run, giving an operating efficiency of over 90%! And it can be set up entirely with green science, assuming you can get to a swamp garden.

When you unlock Enriched Fuel Blocks, you can increase the Fuel Oil yield by 20%, for a total of 47MW. You'll have to tear down your oil burners though.

It's nuts how good this crop is.
Wanted to say, that i just setup a Quillnoa farming plant. Seems, that it's yet a bit more efficient, but also a lot more complicated to setup. Not only due to the fact, that you have to reprocess dormant quillnoa seeds to multiply them, but it also uses fertilizer. I didn't calculate everything exactly, but it uses a lot less mud and less farms :)

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, the complexity quickly explodes once you try to factor in Fertilizer <= Urea <= Puffers...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:19 pm
Do you mean the heat exchanger stuff with oil burning generators? I'm currently researching it. But if its too OP, i will skip it.
Yeah, someone posted on the seablock discord one or two weeks ago a farming build that was outputting 1.something GW, with about 140 farms i think, by using the fuel oil to create hot steam and send it to turbines, all red/green science

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:19 pm
Yeah, someone posted on the seablock discord one or two weeks ago a farming build that was outputting 1.something GW, with about 140 farms i think, by using the fuel oil to create hot steam and send it to turbines, all red/green science
Hmm, if i'm not wrong, ~16 quillnoa farms produce like 128 Watt worth of fuel oil, if you put it into an KS Power oil burning generator. I will check bob's new stuff, if its OP.
BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:41 pm
Yeah, the complexity quickly explodes once you try to factor in Fertilizer <= Urea <= Puffers...
I'm not using puffers here. I did not even touch them yet :)

randomdude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by randomdude »

arrowcircle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arrowcircle »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:50 pm
I had 0.17 installed with working seablock. Then Factorio updated and I had to update my mods. I kept mods from seablock from updating (except bobs logistics) and updated everything else: ltn, long reach, squack through, nano bots, stdlib and maybe something quality of life related.

Any thoughts how to install seablock on the current version of factorio?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:20 pm
https://i.imgur.com/OxTscql.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cWnMAVX.jpg

This is the setup they shared for that
Thanks. That looks like binafran, which should not be so efficient. But i think, i have to build a small setup to analyze, what the new heat stuff does.
At least you need some advanced red&green materials f.e invar, alu or cobalt steel

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 pm
Any thoughts how to install seablock on the current version of factorio?
Did you try to install the pack and update every mod to latest?
I currently use 0.17.56, with the mods updated roughly, when 0.17.56 was released. I don't see any problems, but didn't check any early game issues.

Or like others mentioned, only update boblogistics.

Which catalysts are missing? Maybe its a research unlock issue. What does it say, if you create a new game?

BTW: You can download factorio as zip and let it run without steam. Then you can experiment a bit easier, without breaking anything.
I have several factorio instances. One for vanilla, one for seablock, etc. and can backup them individually. So I can easily revert, if it doesn't work

arrowcircle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arrowcircle »

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:40 pm

Did you try to install the pack and update every mod to latest?
I currently use 0.17.56, with the mods updated roughly, when 0.17.56 was released. I don't see any problems, but didn't check any early game issues.

Or like others mentioned, only update boblogistics.
At first I tried to update every possible mod. Then I tried to update only bobs logistics. Same effect.
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:40 pm
Which catalysts are missing? Maybe its a research unlock issue. What does it say, if you create a new game?

BTW: You can download factorio as zip and let it run without steam. Then you can experiment a bit easier, without breaking anything.
I have several factorio instances. One for vanilla, one for seablock, etc. and can backup them individually. So I can easily revert, if it doesn't work
Every cyllinder catalyst missing (orange, green and brown). Plate catalysts are fine.

Anhalter
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Anhalter »

got to catalysts yesterday myself and was used to making them in an assembler. now they are made in a crystallizer. i understand this is a long shot and most likely not whats wrong in your game, but hey, might be worth a look :)

arrowcircle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by arrowcircle »

Anhalter wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:21 am
got to catalysts yesterday myself and was used to making them in an assembler. now they are made in a crystallizer. i understand this is a long shot and most likely not whats wrong in your game, but hey, might be worth a look :)
I can see the recipe in the crystallizer, but I when I open it in FNEI i dont see anything except green text "recipe". Is it problem with FNEI?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 am
I can see the recipe in the crystallizer, but I when I open it in FNEI i dont see anything except green text "recipe". Is it problem with FNEI?
I have that too in PyBlock. I thought this was something PyBlock related but it might be related to a mod update of FNEI or the factorio version instead.

Do you use FNEI from the modpack? If so then this would point towards factorio version being the culprit.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:03 pm
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:33 am
I have that too in PyBlock. I thought this was something PyBlock related but it might be related to a mod update of FNEI or the factorio version instead.

Do you use FNEI from the modpack? If so then this would point towards factorio version being the culprit.
Yeah, FNEI was broken due to interface changes in 0.17.??. It was updated several hours ago, but did not test yet. I fixed it locally, someone has posted a DIY fix on the modpage of FNEI.

EDIT: don't know exactly, which factorio update broke it

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.6

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.3.6 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2019-7-26, version 0.3.6:
  • Move chemical processing 1 and basic automation technologies earlier in tech tree
  • Mineralized water crystallization icon tweaks
  • Add bobequipment mod

Pirion
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.6

Post by Pirion »

Looks like there is a new modpack category to add this to. Might be worth adding the tag?

Thanks for the easy install!

Return to β€œMods”