pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Crixomix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by Crixomix »

Hello all.

I have recently unlocked tier 1 py logistic bots. Are they better or worse than vanilla logistic bots? It seems they have the same energy consumption, 3x the carrying capacity, but there's nothing showing how big the batteries are?

Riktol
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Riktol »

Crixomix wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:03 pm
Hello all.

I have recently unlocked tier 1 py logistic bots. Are they better or worse than vanilla logistic bots? It seems they have the same energy consumption, 3x the carrying capacity, but there's nothing showing how big the batteries are?
They have the very great advantage of not requiring circuits lvl 2 so you can produce them from fairly early on. I don't know what their battery size is but I think they are faster than vanilla bots (that might only be construction bots).

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks for changes which are hiding unnecessary recipes which will be required later but why recipe for acrolein is unlocked? I don't think it can be needful in very early game
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Hydrochinon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hydrochinon »

Blokus wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:34 pm
Hydrochinon wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm
hey,
i hope this is the right topic and it doesnt belong to Raw Ores. The Item is listed in HighTech.
i struggle with "fecr-alloy" (ferrochromium alloy). Basis electronics gave two recipes. The standard one with iron & chromium plates with graphite. However i cant find the molten recipe with molten iron/chrome and sand casting. The research tab (last icon in basis electronics) shows the recipe as well as helmod. Helmod shows the molten one as not researched yet (but it came with basis electronics as well as the other one) and i cant find any entry in the item list. I can only choose the hightech recipe. Raw Ore Changelog says it was added in 1.3.1 together with stainless steal.
In Coal Processing one recipe is lost as well. Researching "Coal Processing 2" should gave coal dust -> Syngas + ash. But the recipe cant be found and helmod lists as unsearched.
Any ideas where i can find any of these?

i use the newest versions of pycoal, pyfusion, pyhightech, pyindustry and pyrawores
You should get the molten one from I think nickel processing 3, a sp3 tech. Try using the console command to force technology updates.
the force technology update console command worked. thank you

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Hi Pyanodon..

Recently, several Chinese Pyanodonian asked about the fertilizer in pyHT..

They were confused when fertilizer can be used on all kingds of plant production ,just except Ralesia.. They complained that Ralesia is not the main source of Aromatics in the early-game, or one of the material of logistic-science-pack, but an important material source of Zinc Nanocompound..

They urged Kitty to tell you to add the recipe of fertilizer-Ralesia acceleration, however, Kitty wants to expand this into a furtuer question:

Will the fertilizer manage to increase all kinds of plant products in the future, especially in pyAL..?

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

that will happens only in pyAL since its the mod which will cover all organic based ingredients, buildings and recipes
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

liwers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by liwers »

Emergency Feedback:

Dozens of players claimed, that they update pyHT and pyFE for the two new ore graphics, but all the basic recipe of the current savefiles have been disabled, for example, transport belt/small electric pole/boiler, no basic recipe escapes..

Most of these players' current savefile reached hundreds of play hours, and refuse to start a new map, and are rolling back to the previous version to save their savefile..

Please launch a emergency hotfix, or, give Kitty some nicer solution than console-unlock-codes..

Meow..!
This is Liwers 'Kitty' Loor, a extremly very cute kitty.. Meow..! :P

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

liwers wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:44 am
Emergency Feedback:

Dozens of players claimed, that they update pyHT and pyFE for the two new ore graphics, but all the basic recipe of the current savefiles have been disabled, for example, transport belt/small electric pole/boiler, no basic recipe escapes..

Most of these players' current savefile reached hundreds of play hours, and refuse to start a new map, and are rolling back to the previous version to save their savefile..

Please launch a emergency hotfix, or, give Kitty some nicer solution than console-unlock-codes..

Meow..!
The recipe migration code has been a bit off for a little while and this has been happening with updates to other parts of the pY suite. It seems like kingarthur is working on updating/fixing the migration script.

For a non-console command solution, I have seen kingarthur suggest installing and enabling their PyCoal Touched by an Angel mod, loading the save, saving the game, then exiting and disabling the mod. I have not tested doing this myself, so cannot guarantee its effectiveness in this particular instance of missing recipes.

The console code is, unfortunately, perhaps the most immediate, simplest temporary solution for people wanting to continue their games with the most recent updates prior to a full fix. I will reference the code again here for others coming to this thread with the issue:

As originally posted by kingarthur here (as far as I can tell): viewtopic.php?f=219&t=72693&p=439499#p439499
reiterated by kingarthur here: viewtopic.php?f=219&t=63371&start=140#p443775
posted by myself here: viewtopic.php?f=219&t=64191&start=360#p442448

The following command should bring back any missing recipes.

Code: Select all

/c for _,player in pairs(game.players) do
   player.force.reset_recipes()
   player.force.reset_technologies()
   player.force.reset_technology_effects()
end

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:19 pm
liwers wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:44 am
Emergency Feedback:

Meow..!
The recipe migration code has been a bit off for a little while and this has been happening with updates to other parts of the pY suite. It seems like kingarthur is working on updating/fixing the migration script.

For a non-console command solution, I have seen kingarthur suggest installing and enabling their PyCoal Touched by an Angel mod, loading the save, saving the game, then exiting and disabling the mod. I have not tested doing this myself, so cannot guarantee its effectiveness in this particular instance of missing recipes.

The console code is, unfortunately, perhaps the most immediate, simplest temporary solution for people wanting to continue their games with the most recent updates prior to a full fix. I will reference the code again here for others coming to this thread with the issue:

As originally posted by kingarthur here (as far as I can tell): viewtopic.php?f=219&t=72693&p=439499#p439499
reiterated by kingarthur here: viewtopic.php?f=219&t=63371&start=140#p443775
posted by myself here: viewtopic.php?f=219&t=64191&start=360#p442448

The following command should bring back any missing recipes.

Code: Select all

/c for _,player in pairs(game.players) do
   player.force.reset_recipes()
   player.force.reset_technologies()
   player.force.reset_technology_effects()
end
already fixed update pycoalprocessing to after making sure all other are up to date

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

If those players care about achievements, this looks like it might help ?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/some-luaconsole
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 pm
already fixed update pycoalprocessing to after making sure all other are up to date
This update is not having an impact on my saves made on the previous version of pyHT that are now loading with the most recent versions of the pY suite.
20190721085110_1.jpg
20190721085110_1.jpg (709.87 KiB) Viewed 5421 times
Loading a different save made after fixing the recipes on the previous pycoalprocessing version, migrating from the previous version to this newest version, kept the vanilla recipes intact.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

otakushowboat wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:00 pm
kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:27 pm
This update is not having an impact on my saves made on the previous version of pyHT that are now loading with the most recent versions of the pY suite.
20190721085110_1.jpg

Loading a different save made after fixing the recipes on the previous pycoalprocessing version, migrating from the previous version to this newest version, kept the vanilla recipes intact.
Damn it the old ones must still be triggering

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Try updating everything one last time we replaced all the mod migration this time

otakushowboat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by otakushowboat »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 pm
Try updating everything one last time we replaced all the mod migration this time
That seems to have done the trick. All recipes seem to be showing up now.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Weonidas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Weonidas »

A question out of nowhere, but, will Fawogae Plantation mk02/03/04 ever be available? The files are there but there is no way to unlock them normally.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Weonidas wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:06 am
A question out of nowhere, but, will Fawogae Plantation mk02/03/04 ever be available? The files are there but there is no way to unlock them normally.
seems to be planned to be unlocked in PYAL/PyAlienLife

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Kicalk plantations should glow

Post by mrvn »

Most (raw fiber) recipes for the Kicalk plantation require an extra lamp. That makes me think they should glow in the dark when working.

Just a thought.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Kicalk plantations should glow

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

mrvn wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:06 pm
Most (raw fiber) recipes for the Kicalk plantation require an extra lamp. That makes me think they should glow in the dark when working.

Just a thought.
great ideea

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

yes.....even being a pain in the ass do another sprite. Maybe in the future...after i finish the mods i need :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

pyanodon wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:25 pm
yes.....even being a pain in the ass do another sprite. Maybe in the future...after i finish the mods i need :)
Sorry to be a pain in the ass. What are you using to make the sprites? Any chance to get a look at the models so maybe someone else can add some lights?

Return to “PyMods”