[kovarex] [0.17.1] GUI Slider Tooltips stay there (Map Generator GUI)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
vektordev
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.1] GUI Slider Tooltips stay there (Map Generator GUI)

Post by vektordev »

Seen in the resource UI of the mapgen with preview open. After a while of editing settings I saw a few tooltips of the sliders (reading "133%" for example) floating around way off, somewhere near the "resources" tab header for example. They did not disappear when moving the cursor, and should not be there. Something I did must've confused the cleanup logic. To clarify, the tooltips were not next to the cursor, not next to what they were describing and they refused to disappear given the usual conditions.

Unfortunately I have no idea what exactly it is I did, but my best bet is that it has to do with using the scroll wheel and maybe delay from reloading the map plays into it; additonally, it might have something to do with there being enough different resources to require a scrollbar(double-binding my mouse wheel to the sliders when hovering over them and to the scroll bar when not).

Find the tooltip roughly centered, above the map.

They appear in different places and I haven't found a reliable way of removing them save from switching contexts, e.g. to the main menu. They also do *not* react to any of the resource slider's actual settings, as proven by setting every setting to anything but 133%
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(42.65 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.1] GUI Slider Tooltips stay there (Map Generator GUI)

Post by kovarex »

I also don't know how to reproduce it ...

samr85
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by samr85 »

I have managed to reliably reproduce this effect! It's convoluted and quite possibly no point in fixing.

Need a 2 monitor setup, factorio full screen.
Need to have any other program running on the non-factorio monitor.
Click on a slider and hold the mouse down, move the mouse onto the other monitor, then release the button.
Click on the other program you have running.
Alt-tab to switch to factorio again.
Now the tooltip will remain on screen until you hover over the slider that you first clicked on again.

samr85
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by samr85 »

Simpler - don't need multiple screens:
Have another program running.
Click and hold on a control, so the tooltip appears.
alt+tab to switch to the other program, if required move mouse to be over the other window.
Release mouse.
With the mouse still over the other program, alt+tab again to switch back to factorio.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.1] GUI Slider Tooltips stay there (Map Generator GUI)

Post by kovarex »

Great, thanks for the reproduce steps, I'm happy to finally get rid of this bug. Fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”