Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.5

Post by Moo Rhy »

nope. "Iron plates cannot be smelted"
jodokus31 wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 pm
Moo Rhy wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:13 pm
I'm just playing my first SeaBlock game now and I'm wondering is steel really that far down in the tech tree? I researched steel processing because it says in the description that it will give you steel but it's not there although it gives you compoments that require steel. I can only find it in Advanced Steel Smelting 1 but that process requires buildings that require steel. So am I stuck in a dead lock?
Steel should be made in a red chemical furnace, which requires oxygen, if you have the option checked in Bobs setting "new steel". I had no problem with it.
The option is checked but there are no recipes available for the red furnace. I also checked FNEI for recipes.

I got all mods from the Sea Block Pack and the most recent version.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:27 am
nope. "Iron plates cannot be smelted"
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 pm
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:13 pm
I'm just playing my first SeaBlock game now and I'm wondering is steel really that far down in the tech tree? I researched steel processing because it says in the description that it will give you steel but it's not there although it gives you compoments that require steel. I can only find it in Advanced Steel Smelting 1 but that process requires buildings that require steel. So am I stuck in a dead lock?
Steel should be made in a red chemical furnace, which requires oxygen, if you have the option checked in Bobs setting "new steel". I had no problem with it.
The option is checked but there are no recipes available for the red furnace. I also checked FNEI for recipes.

I got all mods from the Sea Block Pack and the most recent version.
I checked with latest versions of the containing mods.
The tech should look like this:
Screenshot from 2019-07-02 13-36-07.png
Screenshot from 2019-07-02 13-36-07.png (176.24 KiB) Viewed 6044 times
Is it different, if you start a new game?

You can also try different things (backup before)
- Disable "new steel" and check if you can smelt iron plates directly.
- Reset mod options completely (or delete mod-settings.dat) to get to defaults.
- Redownload the modpack clean and don't update. I don't know, if latest base game supports the older mods, though.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

woolyMammoth wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am
Anyone else getting a failure with the latest factorio update (0.17.53)?
Using the 0.3.5 pack boblogistics 0.17.7 failed to load with:
If you are using 0.17.53, you should also update boblogistics to 0.17.13, which fixes this issue
Although its not sure, if everything works as intended with latest base game and latest mods.

Today i moved to 0.17.53 with latest mods and will see, if i find any major flaws. If yes, i can go back to my backup.

Moo Rhy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Moo Rhy »

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:45 am
I checked with latest versions of the containing mods.
The tech should look like this:
Screenshot from 2019-07-02 13-36-07.png
Is it different, if you start a new game?
Looks like this in the old game and in a new game:
https://abload.de/img/factoriosteelurjnw.png
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:45 am
- Disable "new steel" and check if you can smelt iron plates directly.
nope

I will try the other options later

FireRage
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FireRage »

So I recently started playing Sea Block a day ago and I finally got a stable energy supply and resource income with a crystallizer/ore crusher setup. However, after recently researching 'Electrolysis (1)', I encountered a problem. The electrolyser does not have any recipes. When clicking on the machine I am prompted with a U.I. message that reads

"Choose a recipe for assembling
- No recipe available"

As for the mods installed, I have all the components from the Sea Block 0.3.5 pack, as well the dependencies for the mods as well. The only optional dependencies I don't have are "Nucular >= 0.2.0 (optional); UraniumPower >= 0.6.4 (optional); Yuoki >= 0.4.0 (optional)". The only other mods installed are the quality of life mods; LongReach, SqueakThough, and Bottleneck. Any Ideas of how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Note: When I mention 'electrolyser' I am talking about the one from "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates Mod", not the electrolyser from Angels mod where you obtain slag.
Problem.png
Problem.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 5950 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

FireRage wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:10 am
So I recently started playing Sea Block a day ago and I finally got a stable energy supply and resource income with a crystallizer/ore crusher setup. However, after recently researching 'Electrolysis (1)', I encountered a problem. The electrolyser does not have any recipes. When clicking on the machine I am prompted with a U.I. message that reads

- No recipe available"

As for the mods installed, I have all the components from the Sea Block 0.3.5 pack, as well the dependencies for the mods as well. The only optional dependencies I don't have are "Nucular >= 0.2.0 (optional); UraniumPower >= 0.6.4 (optional); Yuoki >= 0.4.0 (optional)". The only other mods installed are the quality of life mods; LongReach, SqueakThough, and Bottleneck. Any Ideas of how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Note: When I mention 'electrolyser' I am talking about the one from "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates Mod", not the electrolyser from Angels mod where you obtain slag.

Problem.png
That's normal. Some of Bobs buildings might not have any use or just some special ones later on. Just ignore the building until you need it.

csduff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by csduff »

Holy crap, I must be crazy.

I just installed this pack last night, having never played Angel's or Bob's mods before.

It strikes me that it will be quite a while before I get any rockets launched.

FireRage
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by FireRage »

mrvn wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:07 am
FireRage wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:10 am

- No recipe available"

Problem.png
That's normal. Some of Bobs buildings might not have any use or just some special ones later on. Just ignore the building until you need it.
Thanks, didnt know if the game was functioning correctly or not, and I really didnt want to get 100 hours in to find some critical stuff not functioning properly

Katharsas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Katharsas »

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am
woolyMammoth wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:16 am
Anyone else getting a failure with the latest factorio update (0.17.53)?
Using the 0.3.5 pack boblogistics 0.17.7 failed to load with:
If you are using 0.17.53, you should also update boblogistics to 0.17.13, which fixes this issue
Although its not sure, if everything works as intended with latest base game and latest mods.

Today i moved to 0.17.53 with latest mods and will see, if i find any major flaws. If yes, i can go back to my backup.
Thanks i have the same issue. But im just gonna stay on 17.52 for now.

dvineownage
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dvineownage »

Hello, just started replaying this pack and got to the green algae stage and noticed the recipe was significantly easier. as in just needs regular water and nothing else. Was this an update that I missed?

I am playing on .17.53 and yes I have fresh installed the pack and double checked.

The only mod I updated was Bobs Logistics, but I doubt that would alter the recipe.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

dvineownage wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:09 am
Hello, just started replaying this pack and got to the green algae stage and noticed the recipe was significantly easier. as in just needs regular water and nothing else. Was this an update that I missed?
It's a change in Angels mod, which is there since 0.3.4. It's intended.
The recipe itself is not so good as it seems for big scale, because it gets huge. (landfill requirement). With geode charcoal filtering, the excess mineralized water can be used for advanced algae, which is a lot smaller. Later farming/nuclear is far better for power.
Its nice for straight charcoal production for smelting and electronics

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 pm
The recipe itself is not so good as it seems for big scale, because it gets huge. (landfill requirement). With geode charcoal filtering, the excess mineralized water can be used for advanced algae, which is a lot smaller. Later farming/nuclear is far better for power.
Note though that unless you get the mineralized water for free the advanced recipe is worse except in space needed. Don't go and build electrolyzer to make slag to make crushed stone to make mineralized water to make green algae. Overall it will cost more energy than the basic recipe. Better to use the electrolyzer to make landfill and then stick with the simple recipe.

Even with free mineralized water I feel crystallizing that to ore is more useful. But I'm playing with Bobs greenhouses added. So that is where I get all my wood and charcoal from. Might look different if you have to use the green algae.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:24 pm
Even with free mineralized water I feel crystallizing that to ore is more useful. But I'm playing with Bobs greenhouses added. So that is where I get all my wood and charcoal from. Might look different if you have to use the green algae.
In the beginning its just a very welcome power source. At some point it seems better to crystallize it all, because of space and UPS. And charcoal/wooden boards can be created with aboretums. Arboretums may be an alternative for early power, but not in marathon mode.

I just established a farming power outpost. Elendilomone from swamp line to light oil, which uses tons of mud. Great, that I have a geode production, which produces tons of mud. Have to check, if there are better alternatives, but this seems very solid.
Only downside is the research and garden processing to get started with only 1 swamp garden available. Not exactly fast :P

bobs greenhouse surely changes everything ;)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 pm
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:24 pm
In the beginning its just a very welcome power source. At some point it seems better to crystallize it all, because of space and UPS. And charcoal/wooden boards can be created with aboretums. Arboretums may be an alternative for early power, but not in marathon mode.

I just established a farming power outpost. Elendilomone from swamp line to light oil, which uses tons of mud. Great, that I have a geode production, which produces tons of mud. Have to check, if there are better alternatives, but this seems very solid.
Only downside is the research and garden processing to get started with only 1 swamp garden available. Not exactly fast :P

bobs greenhouse surely changes everything ;)
Arboretums are high tech compared to green algae. Green algae is the only power source at the start. Unless you want to spend years stuck with only the wind generators you have to build a green algae power plant. Arboretums, farming and even greenhouses come later.

As for using farming for power could you share your setup? Does it have any waste products or is it completely self contained?

PS: Mud from geode production? That doesn't produce that much mud. Arboretums need a lot of mud too. But luckily one can make mud with a sequence of washing plants and then clarify the saline water. Also gives you sulfur (same as geode production) for sulfuric acid.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 pm
As for using farming for power could you share your setup? Does it have any waste products or is it completely self contained?

PS: Mud from geode production? That doesn't produce that much mud. Arboretums need a lot of mud too. But luckily one can make mud with a sequence of washing plants and then clarify the saline water. Also gives you sulfur (same as geode production) for sulfuric acid.
Ok, maybe the mud production is sufficient, because i have very many ore plants in marathon mode.
Also, i need to switch to ceramic filtering, but alumina is required.
I vent glycerol and any excess base mineral oil, which will be used, when synth gas is available, or in the meantime for lubricant. Therefore the big buffer.
for oil burning, i use ks power ones, because it seems nicer. Also using steam engines 1, because the steam is only 165.

Regarding sulfur, i'm already drowning in it ;)
Farming Elendilomone.png
Farming Elendilomone.png (3.37 MiB) Viewed 5423 times
Blueprint string

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:25 pm
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 pm

Ok, maybe the mud production is sufficient, because i have very many ore plants in marathon mode.
Also, i need to switch to ceramic filtering, but alumina is required.
I vent glycerol and any excess base mineral oil, which will be used, when synth gas is available, or in the meantime for lubricant. Therefore the big buffer.
for oil burning, i use ks power ones, because it seems nicer. Also using steam engines 1, because the steam is only 165.

Regarding sulfur, i'm already drowning in it ;)
I hate venting stuff. It always feels like a waste and often you can already see the future tech that can make use of stuff.

As for sulfur: Look ahead in the tech tree for the advanced smelting recipes. They need lots of sulfuric acid. When you start using those recipes your sulfur backlog will go down fast.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am
I hate venting stuff. It always feels like a waste and often you can already see the future tech that can make use of stuff.

As for sulfur: Look ahead in the tech tree for the advanced smelting recipes. They need lots of sulfuric acid. When you start using those recipes your sulfur backlog will go down fast.
I hate venting stuff, too, but glycerol has not much use apart from explosives, which is not needed that much. And base mineral oil is very useful and I try to minimize the venting. But in the end its more important to have a working power plant. And I can buffer even more until it gets used, but i think its enough. If the powerplant works, it will provide a steady flow of base mineral oil

I would love to see a game mode, where not voiding stuff gives a real advantage or voiding stuff has more negative impact, but i cannot imagine how it would work apart from raising pollution, which is more or less irrelevant in seablock. Maybe voiding could use a lot more power...

Yes, sulfur gets more important late game and its reasonable to plan for tapping every source. But i dont think its necessary to build up a huge backlog. Last time i also used paper 2 cycle to gain a lot of sulfur, dont know, if its still very sulfur positive.

Psyramics
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Psyramics »

Just to jump in on to the "Elendilomone is hype" train:

5 Washing Plant 2s produce enough mud for 7 Elendilomone farms with swamp upgrade which, with ceramic filtering, produces 33MW worth of fuel oil. When you unlock cracking Mineral Oil to Synthesis Gas, you can add another 7.4MW by burning the Synthesis Gas directly, for a total of 40MW. That's a whole nuclear reactor off 7 farms! It consumes 3.5MW to run, giving an operating efficiency of over 90%! And it can be set up entirely with green science, assuming you can get to a swamp garden.

When you unlock Enriched Fuel Blocks, you can increase the Fuel Oil yield by 20%, for a total of 47MW. You'll have to tear down your oil burners though.

It's nuts how good this crop is.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 pm
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 am

I hate venting stuff, too, but glycerol has not much use apart from explosives, which is not needed that much. And base mineral oil is very useful and I try to minimize the venting. But in the end its more important to have a working power plant. And I can buffer even more until it gets used, but i think its enough. If the powerplant works, it will provide a steady flow of base mineral oil

I would love to see a game mode, where not voiding stuff gives a real advantage or voiding stuff has more negative impact, but i cannot imagine how it would work apart from raising pollution, which is more or less irrelevant in seablock. Maybe voiding could use a lot more power...

Yes, sulfur gets more important late game and its reasonable to plan for tapping every source. But i dont think its necessary to build up a huge backlog. Last time i also used paper 2 cycle to gain a lot of sulfur, dont know, if its still very sulfur positive.
One thing I'm starting to realize is that buffering stuff for later screws the ratios. For example I knew I need lubricant later so I stored all the base mineral oil for later. Then I build huge plant to process all the base mineral oil. Now the backlog is all converted to lubricant and only a trickle of base mineral oil is produced fresh. The plant is far too big for the throughput. Now the same happens with lubricant. I have tons and tons of it stored. So I can create tons and tons of coolant. But at some point the lubricant will be all used up and I will run out of coolant. Eventually I will have to build more blue algae farms but all the backlog makes it hard to judge when and how many.

So maybe venting stuff you can't use at the moment isn't such a bad idea. Just buffer a few tanks to cover the initial spike when you add train stations to transport the stuff later and then the new plant will get started with the right throughput from the start.

NeuralParity
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NeuralParity »

Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 pm
I'm doing a marathon game and I've found that even with mk2 algae and arboretums available to me, I'm still using algae1 for power. Tapping into the geode mineralised water for algae2 means I lose my long-term landfill production for once-off reduction in footprint, and the steel cost of arboretums mean that even taking into the landfill cost, algae1 is a cheaper source of power.

By the sound of it, I'll need wait for oil+farming tech before I can stop worrying about red-lining my power consumption and constantly browning out (yay for priority splitters and the lack of feedback in algae1).

Return to β€œMods”