Topics and discussion about specific mods
mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: oil power

Post by mrvn »

vaendryl wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:18 am
has anyone found a clever way to fool the new 0.17 fluid system where you can't connect different kinds of fluids to the same system so you can fuel oil burners with either fuel oil or naptha based on what you've got more of? haven't managed it myself.

I know it's not important later on but right now I don't even have blue science going.
Impossible to do. Build 2 sets of oil burners.

Karthas077
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.17] Sea Block Pack 0.3.5

Post by Karthas077 »

Trainwreck wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:31 am
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.17.36
With Steam no longer allowing 0.17.36 as an opt-in, what sort of problems am I looking at trying to run this on a more recent version?

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Karthas077 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:51 pm
With Steam no longer allowing 0.17.36 as an opt-in, what sort of problems am I looking at trying to run this on a more recent version?
Usually Factorio version updates don't cause any problems. I've been using the latest versions with no issues. Mod versions, on the other hand, are pretty often not safe to update.

Karthas077
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Karthas077 »

minno wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Usually Factorio version updates don't cause any problems. I've been using the latest versions with no issues. Mod versions, on the other hand, are pretty often not safe to update.
Thank you! I wasn't sure how intentional that specific "tested with" number was or if it implied any instability with later Factorio versions.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Karthas077 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:12 am
minno wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:28 pm
Thank you! I wasn't sure how intentional that specific "tested with" number was or if it implied any instability with later Factorio versions.
I'm running: 0.000 2019-06-08 10:38:56; Factorio 0.17.43 (build 45140, linux64, alpha)

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Post by rain9441 »

Hey Trainwreck - I was wondering if there were any plans to update the seablock mod pack again in the near future. With all the rapid changes to the bioprocessing and other areas related to the early game power situation I was holding off on my next seablock playthrough to see if things were going to be changing again. I'd hate to start and have a big change to the mod come right after.

I don't mean to imply anything needs changing, I just thought I'd ask to see if there were plans to make tweaks to the early game stuff again.

Thanks.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I think nuclear needs some changes:

1) Bob added thorium and deuterium. Thorium at least can not be produced since Angel lacks a ore sorting recipe. Hopefully that will be added soon there. Not sure about the deuterium but that needs to be checked.

2) Nuclear fuel needs spend fuel cells and they are rather slow to produce. Nuclear fuel does last a long time so that might be OK.

Getting it started is a pain. So lets do some math: A Locomotive mk III has 5 fuel slots so it takes 10+1 nuclear fuel to fill. So with one reactor and it takes ~3 minutes to fill a single locomotive. My trains have 1-4 locomotives and I have 120 trains now. It will take me over 18 reactor hours to fill them, not counting what they use up in that time. Or about 1 1/4 hours for my 16 reactor setup. Ok, that doesn't sound so bad. But that's with plutonium.

With U235 I think it's unusable. You simply don't get enough U235 from uranium ore and there is no way to make more with Kovarex removed. Maybe there should be a Kovarex process so one can make nuclear fuel before plutonium?

3) Uranium fuel cells made from U235 uses up the lead the recycling produces but recycling also produces plutonium. And uranium fuel cells made with plutonium give that plutonium back on recycling. Plutonium fuel cells on the other hand give 6 times the plutonium back when recycled. Where is the recipe that uses up plutonium to balance things?

As is the nuclear reactor produces either lead + U235 or plutonium as "waste product" (or both). Sure the lead can be used. And U235 and plutonium can be made into nuclear fuel much much later once the recipes have been researched. Is it intended that you have to warehouse all the nuclear waste till then? There used to be a plutonium negative recipe in the past. I guess it gives you a head start on producing nuclear fuel for trains if you aim for that. But not everyone uses trains. Are you supposed to fuel blast furnaces with nuclear fuel to get rid of the extra U235/plutonium?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:56 am
Getting it started is a pain. So lets do some math: A Locomotive mk III has 5 fuel slots so it takes 10+1 nuclear fuel to fill.
I found out, that you can fill only the first slot with desired fuel and the rest with a single charcoal. I don't know, if its reliable though. Works so far.
The other alternative is to try the "Inventory Sensor" mod and fill only a bit of fuel. But I did not actually tested it, but I have it installed and will try it.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:47 am
mrvn wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:56 am
Getting it started is a pain. So lets do some math: A Locomotive mk III has 5 fuel slots so it takes 10+1 nuclear fuel to fill.
I found out, that you can fill only the first slot with desired fuel and the rest with a single charcoal. I don't know, if its reliable though. Works so far.
The other alternative is to try the "Inventory Sensor" mod and fill only a bit of fuel. But I did not actually tested it, but I have it installed and will try it.
I thought the locomotive would always take from the last slot like inserters from inventories. But you are right, the first slot is used and when empty the other slots move to the left. That means on a new train you have to put in 2 nuclear fuel and then fill the rest with something. And the first slot must never become empty or the nuclear fuel goes to the right most slot when you refuel next. That still means you need 3 nuclear fuel per train to start.

ivaninp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ivaninp »

Hello I get the error on the image in a past few weeks and I am not able to start seablock. I downloaded the mod again , reinstalled the game , tried different versions including 0.17.36. Deleted everything in my home folder ... nothing helps.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

ivaninp wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:22 pm
Hello I get the error on the image in a past few weeks and I am not able to start seablock. I downloaded the mod again , reinstalled the game , tried different versions including 0.17.36. Deleted everything in my home folder ... nothing helps.

The line 8 should be like:

Code: Select all

table.insert(data.raw.character.character.crafting_categories, "crafting-handonly")
Are you sure, you are using the latest Seablock version 0.3.5. You should also check in mod settings, if you not have an older version active
-> Mods -> Manage -> Seablock

Sometimes mods are installed multiple times and you can select the version.

s_leibrock
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by s_leibrock »

Hi guys, has anyone found a solution for this error on the 0.17.x branch?

I saw someone else post the same error but I wasn't sure if a workaround was found.

(First time posting here, love Seablocks)
Attachments
2019-06-24-122620_652x296_scrot.png
2019-06-24-122620_652x296_scrot.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 7195 times

vjbone
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vjbone »

s_leibrock wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:28 pm
Hi guys, has anyone found a solution for this error on the 0.17.x branch?

I saw someone else post the same error but I wasn't sure if a workaround was found.

(First time posting here, love Seablocks)

dont update mods, just download zip from first post

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

I did that too, but I keep getting the same error. I have already cleared up the entire 'mods' directory and retrieve just the important ones (Seablock + the mandatory mods) but no help.

What I will try is:
- check whether there's a difference between the mods from the portal vs. the file I got from here;
- check whether it works with one of the 'optional' extra mods.

Back here once I get the answer.

the_ave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by the_ave »

Correction where due.

I was comparing apples and oranges. Retrieved SeaBlockPack_0.3.5.zip from the first post, unzipped it in the mods folder. All is fine.

Now let's give it a try...

bjohnsonmn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bjohnsonmn »

Anyone encounter this error when trying to setup a server?

Current (24JUN10) modpack.
Annotation 2019-06-24 184155.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-24 184155.jpg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 7146 times
Annotation 2019-06-24 184456.jpg
Annotation 2019-06-24 184456.jpg (90.37 KiB) Viewed 7144 times

Moo Rhy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Moo Rhy »

jodokus31 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm
alercah wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:14 am
Playing my first game, and it's very frustrating that a lot of early techs that require steel to be of any use (because you can't use the buildings without it) are not locked behind the steel tech. It misled me down several paths and I wasted a lot of resources trying to do stuff that I couldn't until after steel, and had to wait a lot for production to catch up as a result. I don't know where in the chain of mods is responsible for this, but in the end, it's frustrating.
Bobs recent changes to steel moved it a bit further down in the tech tree. Before it was not such a big problem, because it was researched faster. Maybe metallurgy and such could be dependent on steel
I'm just playing my first SeaBlock game now and I'm wondering is steel really that far down in the tech tree? I researched steel processing because it says in the description that it will give you steel but it's not there although it gives you compoments that require steel. I can only find it in Advanced Steel Smelting 1 but that process requires buildings that require steel. So am I stuck in a dead lock?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Moo Rhy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:13 pm
I'm just playing my first SeaBlock game now and I'm wondering is steel really that far down in the tech tree? I researched steel processing because it says in the description that it will give you steel but it's not there although it gives you compoments that require steel. I can only find it in Advanced Steel Smelting 1 but that process requires buildings that require steel. So am I stuck in a dead lock?
Steel should be made in a red chemical furnace, which requires oxygen, if you have the option checked in Bobs setting "new steel". I had no problem with it.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

Moo Rhy wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:13 pm
Can you put iron plates into a stone furnace? That recipe for making steel should still be there if you're using the correct mod versions.

woolyMammoth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by woolyMammoth »

Anyone else getting a failure with the latest factorio update (0.17.53)?
Using the 0.3.5 pack boblogistics 0.17.7 failed to load with:
Error while running setup for entity prototype "express-underground-belt" (underground-belt): next_upgrade target (turbo-underground-belt) must have the same bounding box.
I was able to solve it with changing all the underground belt 'collision_box' from:

collision_box = {{-0.4, -0.15}, {0.4, 0.1}}
to:

collision_box = {{-0.4, -0.4}, {0.4, 0.4}},
(matching the base underground definitions)

modifications in boblogistics_0.17.7/prototypes/entity/belt.lua.

Return to “Mods”