Version 0.17.47

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.17.47

Post by FactorioBot »

Bugfixes
  • Fixed that the game crashed when passing train signal while driving train in manual mode.
  • Fixed that 'station name' and 'player name' map toggles would seemingly randomly toggle on when turning on some options. (71620)
  • Disabled check that prevented loading of some mods. (71664)
  • Fixed crash when saving speech bubbles that had been migrated from old saves. (71660)
  • Fixed NPE crash when Compilatron is boxed while building. (71665)
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.47

Post by jmurrayufo »

Love to see how fast the team turns around these emergency fixes when something sneaks through. Thanks!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

FactorioBot wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:48 pm
Bugfixes
  • Disabled check that prevented loading of some mods. (71664)
So it's not fixed, you're just not checking for it anymore? Eh? Can someone explain what's happening :p.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

And yet they insist on releasing all their major minor updates on Fridays :P

(At least they seem to be able to handle it well)
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:o :o :o bug bug bug
good..
old version normal work
2019-06-07_20-32-38.png
2019-06-07_20-32-38.png (80.4 KiB) Viewed 14534 times

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Airat9000 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:33 pm
:o :o :o bug bug bug
good..
old version normal work
It's still a mod bug that you should report to the mod authors. Tell them about: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=71586

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

I have not yet patched to .46 or .47, but would I think the issue Airat900 references, is as a result of the following change in .46 specifically going from 32x32 bit icon to 64x64 drawn on the belt:
Added new higher resolution icons for resource ores with randomized variations when drawn on belts.
I do not see this as a bug but more of an issue of being "on the bleeding edge of technology" playing on the experimental version of Factorio. This is appears to be similar to when there were other changes made to the data table or graphics within Factorio which necessitated mod owners to update their to mods.

Hiladdar

PunkSkeleton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PunkSkeleton »

For the first time since I started playing (and it was in 0.14 times) I will have a WWF (weekend without Factorio) as I can't continue with my game due to loading crash.
Please stop releasing on Fridays as this is a known terrible practice. Even if you do fix it you'd probably like to do something else on Friday night...
Fortunately it's just a game so it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work for some time for some of the players :).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

PunkSkeleton wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:42 pm
Please stop releasing on Fridays as this is a known terrible practice. Even if you do fix it you'd probably like to do something else on Friday night...
It is days like these where my worry about the devs health reaches it's local maximum.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

PunkSkeleton wrote:
For the first time since I started playing (and it was in 0.14 times) I will have a WWF (weekend without Factorio) as I can't continue with my game due to loading crash.
Fortunately it's just a game so it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work for some time for some of the players :).
You are playing on the experimental branch of an early access game. We get instant bug fixes and have the best dev team ever making the game. And you complain? :cry:

How about you just don't update whenever there's a new patch if the one you are on is good for you? You can wait and download it on monday if you want. Or stay on the stable branch. :|

JadeSpider
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JadeSpider »

Qon wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:28 pm
PunkSkeleton wrote:
You are playing on the experimental branch of an early access game. We get instant bug fixes and have the best dev team ever making the game. And you complain? :cry:

How about you just don't update whenever there's a new patch if the one you are on is good for you? You can wait and download it on monday if you want. Or stay on the stable branch. :|
I have to agree with this. It is so easy to choose what version you want to play that there is no reason to care what day of the week a new version is released. If you want stability, don't get the latest versions. Even if you update and it doesn't work, you can still revert to an older version. Being able to choose exactly which version to run is a really great feature of this game that many games do not offer. I cannot imagine a better way this could be handled than what the Factorio team is doing. They can update whenever they want and you can take the update whenever you want. Everybody wins.

vanopiano
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vanopiano »

Hello!
Like in the 0.17.46 game frozen after some rails work. Train is in the auto mode, I've added this part of rails (red line) before train drove here and when train was here I pushed Cmd+Z to undo last action.
Snap 2019-06-08 at 0.46.18.png
Snap 2019-06-08 at 0.46.18.png (3.54 MiB) Viewed 13683 times

BattleFluffy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BattleFluffy »

Damn you guys are quick. :>

Hiladdar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hiladdar »

I have the game crashing a few seconds after loading in a save file.

Bug post made: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71737

I did some testing, and new games do not appear to have that issue.

Hiladdar

foxtrot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxtrot »

Bug report for missing UI icons and backgrounds on Mac:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71700

Adamo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adamo »

Possible bug on linux version? Trying to replace with the pictures attribute from the data raw web document, now. Edit: Looks like that worked.
possible_bug.png
possible_bug.png (23.44 KiB) Viewed 12742 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hey i lost track about the new fluid dynamics.
Is it implemented now or is there a plan for doing it?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

jmurrayufo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jmurrayufo »

steinio wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:13 pm
Hey i lost track about the new fluid dynamics.
Is it implemented now or is there a plan for doing it?
I think there are some threading optimizations in place, but the new fluid system had something very very wrong with it and as far as I can tell, it's never been in the 0.17 releases.

pleegwat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by pleegwat »

As I recall new fluid as a number of weird harmonics, circular flows, etc. which are a bit more realistic than they want in the game.

Eysenleber
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Eysenleber »

Can i still download this version anywhere - i rly cant find it on the website or as an option in steam and i want to play a certain modpack for this version =(

Return to “Releases”