Welcome to pyHT :lol:

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion

Post by mxpal »

thomasdh wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 pm
Hello, just got into pY after completing most other mode.
So i taught i would do a pure PY mod run.

Now i've hit into this massive wall of making 1st gen PCB. From the (outdated?) info charts on imgur it looks rather simple, but to make the formica, things get abit insane.

So i've postponed this production, as i can handcraft them fast and easy. But you gotta, at some point.
However according to the lib mod, i need about 5-7 stages of industries (as in process line) to make a Formica.

This seems like a rather overkill and a massive wall to the starter PCB.
this is the first major challenge of pYHT. it is indeed daunting at first sight..... but once you got past it and look back, you will realise this is what real factorio should be. a hint for overcoming this:
1. you need to approach with a different mindset, vanilla factorio is at most a tutorial to pY series.
2. get used to helmod, plan the whole production chain ahead completely before putting down buildings randomly at leisure.
3. use LTN. you wont progress far with main buses and spaghetti alone.

thomasdh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thomasdh »

mxpal wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 am
this is the first major challenge of pYHT. it is indeed daunting at first sight..... but once you got past it and look back, you will realise this is what real factorio should be. a hint for overcoming this:
1. you need to approach with a different mindset, vanilla factorio is at most a tutorial to pY series.
2. get used to helmod, plan the whole production chain ahead completely before putting down buildings randomly at leisure.
3. use LTN. you won't progress far with main buses and spaghetti alone.
well damn me, that's gonna take a couple hours to set up.
Better get out some pen and paper to....
but nice tip for helmod, seems like a good idea.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 am
mxpal wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:57 am
3. use LTN. you won't progress far with main buses and spaghetti alone.
well damn me, that's gonna take a couple hours to set up.
Better get out some pen and paper to....
but nice tip for helmod, seems like a good idea.
YOU also need to decide what to make centralized and what do make on spot
example PCB can be made on spot easy(last 2-3 steps) same goes for the ceramics (but the clay might me itrained in since depending on the requirements the steam clay sones are sorta slow

NEVER TRAIN IN BORIC ACID YOU MAKE IT ON THE SPOT FROM DIDORANE IT IS LIKE X5 MORE COMPACT THIS WAY

thomasdh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thomasdh »

immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 am

example PCB can be made on spot easy(last 2-3 steps) same goes for the ceramics (but the clay might me itrained in since depending on the requirements the steam clay sones are sorta slow

NEVER TRAIN IN BORIC ACID YOU MAKE IT ON THE SPOT FROM DIDORANE IT IS LIKE X5 MORE COMPACT THIS WAY
I will try to keep this in mind.

now i have most ores decentralised and brought in with long as belts, as rails are too expensive to make. will make it more easy later on to have bigger and more complex ore processing with sufficient space.

I tend to work with minibuss for now, as the demand of items is rather low and they are easy to expand and balance.

clay seems fast enough, for now.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:50 am
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:33 am

I will try to keep this in mind.

now i have most ores decentralised and brought in with long as belts, as rails are too expensive to make. will make it more easy later on to have bigger and more complex ore processing with sufficient space.

I tend to work with minibuss for now, as the demand of items is rather low and they are easy to expand and balance.

clay seems fast enough, for now.
mini bus not so sure i often do inline production in long columns ore use direct insertion when i can

Mithaldu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mithaldu »

Personally i combined pymods with bio_industries, which completements it extremely well with wooden rails for the starter game, forest growing rockets and huge substations to not have to mess with thousands of poles everywhere. Also, if you play with biters on you'll want to install the helicopter mod as well because the tools available otherwise simply aren't up to the task and you'll be at 100% evolution way before you get artillery.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Pyanodon don't u want to change recipes for modules? - so when i'm playing without bob's electronics and bob's modules mods modules are making on vanilla scheme - only from circuits but not from small parts and have only 3 tiers
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:07 pm
Pyanodon don't u want to change recipes for modules? - so when i'm playing without bob's electronics and bob's modules mods modules are making on vanilla scheme - only from circuits but not from small parts and have only 3 tiers
why i would do that?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Hi Folks,
I'm having trouble making the first Printed Circuit Substrate 1(PCS1).
I'm using the AAI[ALL], Bob{ALL], Angel[ALL], and Py Mods[ALL] (with the BaA Patch).
I'm finding myself stuck trying to make the Printed Circuit Board factory(PCB) since it requires x2 Destructive Distillation Column which in turn require x3 PCS1 boards each.
So I feel like I'm caught in a circular path. I did search through the forum but didn't see an answer that applies to using the above combination of Mods.
Can someone point me in the right direction? Can I handcraft a PCS1 eventually via a research path, etc...?
Thanks

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Cisco1164 wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi Folks,
I'm using the AAI[ALL], Bob{ALL], Angel[ALL], and Py Mods[ALL] (with the BaA Patch).
I'm finding myself stuck trying to make the Printed Circuit Board factory(PCB) since it requires x2 Destructive Distillation Column which in turn require x3 PCS1 boards each.
So I feel like I'm caught in a circular path. I did search through the forum but didn't see an answer that applies to using the above combination of Mods.
Can someone point me in the right direction? Can I handcraft a PCS1 eventually via a research path, etc...?
Thanks
it is because of your mod combination distillation colons dont need pcb1 in pure py

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:43 pm
Hi Folks,
Thanks
it is because of your mod combination distillation colons dont need pcb1 in pure py
Does this mean I'm stuck with no way to make PCS1?
I'm trying to go forward without trying to God mode x6 PCS1's

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm
Hi Folks,
Thanks
As said before, regular Py doesn't demand PCS1 for PCB factories. (Chipshooters do, but you can make a PCB factory, churn out some PCS1s, and then make a chipshooter to finish up your circuit 1 build.) So it has something to do with the mod combo, probably a TBaA bug somewhere.

Hydrochinon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Hydrochinon »

hey,
i hope this is the right topic and it doesnt belong to Raw Ores. The Item is listed in HighTech.
i struggle with "fecr-alloy" (ferrochromium alloy). Basis electronics gave two recipes. The standard one with iron & chromium plates with graphite. However i cant find the molten recipe with molten iron/chrome and sand casting. The research tab (last icon in basis electronics) shows the recipe as well as helmod. Helmod shows the molten one as not researched yet (but it came with basis electronics as well as the other one) and i cant find any entry in the item list. I can only choose the hightech recipe. Raw Ore Changelog says it was added in 1.3.1 together with stainless steal.
In Coal Processing one recipe is lost as well. Researching "Coal Processing 2" should gave coal dust -> Syngas + ash. But the recipe cant be found and helmod lists as unsearched.
Any ideas where i can find any of these?

i use the newest versions of pycoal, pyfusion, pyhightech, pyindustry and pyrawores

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Blokus wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm
Hi Folks,
Thanks
As said before, regular Py doesn't demand PCS1 for PCB factories. (Chipshooters do, but you can make a PCB factory, churn out some PCS1s, and then make a chipshooter to finish up your circuit 1 build.) So it has something to do with the mod combo, probably a TBaA bug somewhere.
Yup, I found the discussion on the TBaA thread. They have a problem with Bob, Angel and Py working together. Kingarthur is working on a fix and new release in July because the patch has gotten really comlicated and he needs time to fix....

Cisco1164
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cisco1164 »

Blokus wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm
Hi Folks,
Thanks
Yup, I found the discussion on the TBaA thread. They have a problem with Bob, Angel and Py working together. Kingarthur is working on a fix and new release in July because the patch has gotten really comlicated and he needs time to fix....

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

Hydrochinon wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:07 pm
hey,
i hope this is the right topic and it doesnt belong to Raw Ores. The Item is listed in HighTech.
i struggle with "fecr-alloy" (ferrochromium alloy). Basis electronics gave two recipes. The standard one with iron & chromium plates with graphite. However i cant find the molten recipe with molten iron/chrome and sand casting. The research tab (last icon in basis electronics) shows the recipe as well as helmod. Helmod shows the molten one as not researched yet (but it came with basis electronics as well as the other one) and i cant find any entry in the item list. I can only choose the hightech recipe. Raw Ore Changelog says it was added in 1.3.1 together with stainless steal.
In Coal Processing one recipe is lost as well. Researching "Coal Processing 2" should gave coal dust -> Syngas + ash. But the recipe cant be found and helmod lists as unsearched.
Any ideas where i can find any of these?

i use the newest versions of pycoal, pyfusion, pyhightech, pyindustry and pyrawores
You should get the molten one from I think nickel processing 3, a sp3 tech. Try using the console command to force technology updates.

GrinsiKleinPo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: pY HighTech Discussion - Phosphoric acid

Post by GrinsiKleinPo »

Hello world.
Dear Pyanodon,
why is Phosphoric acid made by bone meal, collagen and sulfuric acid and not by sulfuric acid and Phosphate rock like in the real world?
I think its much more logic ( and easier) to do it in the classic way (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid).

Sorry about the bad english, because i am not a native speaking one, i am old, i am german and i have a massive language problem. ;)

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

GrinsiKleinPo wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Hello world.
Dear Pyanodon,
why is Phosphoric acid made by bone meal, collagen and sulfuric acid and not by sulfuric acid and Phosphate rock like in the real world?
I think its much more logic ( and easier) to do it in the classic way (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphoric_acid).

Sorry about the bad english, because i am not a native speaking one, i am old, i am german and i have a massive language problem. ;)
There is a way to do it with phosphate rock, passing through phosphorous acid.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

GrinsiKleinPo wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Hello world.
Dear Pyanodon,

Its made from rocks, play more the game to unlock it or always look for other recipes.. The recipe you mentioned is an alt (organic) way.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Return to β€œPyMods”