Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Miniloader

Post by Cadde »

mrvn wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 pm
So instead of a 100m belt segment you place a 100m wide chest. Insert at one end and un-insert at the other ende?

Do you use inserters to fill the wide chests of mini-loaders?

Just like that. Only places i use belts are to feed turret defenses.
Since it's a Pyanodon full packed game, there's just so many different items and so much to move around and balance out that using belts would be very impractical in the long term. Especially as far as base area is concerned.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Cadde wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:12 pm
mrvn wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 pm
So instead of a 100m belt segment you place a 100m wide chest. Insert at one end and un-insert at the other ende?

Do you use inserters to fill the wide chests of mini-loaders?

Just like that. Only places i use belts are to feed turret defenses.
Since it's a Pyanodon full packed game, there's just so many different items and so much to move around and balance out that using belts would be very impractical in the long term. Especially as far as base area is concerned.
It's too bad loaders can't have their filter set by circuits.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

But they can? They’re just inserters.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Therax wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:55 pm
But they can? They’re just inserters.
I was talking about loaders (the vanilla entity), not mini-loaders.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

The latest update resets filters on some of the faster miniloaders (Bob's Turbo and several Ultimate Belts). And they work on any item when no filter is set. When setting the filter again, everything works as expected. I have to do some serious cleanup all across my factory, everything is clogged with all the wrong items :D

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

eduran wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:15 pm
The latest update resets filters on some of the faster miniloaders (Bob's Turbo and several Ultimate Belts). And they work on any item when no filter is set. When setting the filter again, everything works as expected. I have to do some serious cleanup all across my factory, everything is clogged with all the wrong items :D
Sorry about that! With the recent belt speed buffs in Bob’s Logistics (15 increase / tier instead of 10), some belts that were <= 60 items/s became 75 and 90, so a code fix in Miniloader means they get all of the Ultimate Belts weaknesses to get them to actually run at full speed. I should have made a note in the change log, but it slipped my mind. (That time when a bug fix breaks all kinds of things. 😅)

For the old behavior, use Express Miniloaders everywhere (60 items/s in Bob’s).

I’ll change the docs to indicate that the section on Ultimate Belts actually applies to any belt faster than 60/s.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

I don;t know what i'm doing wrong, but i can't get miniloaders to unload my train wagons for some reason. I've tried placing them both ways and reversing them but nothing seems to work. Image

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

Firestronk wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:02 am
I don;t know what i'm doing wrong, but i can't get miniloaders to unload my train wagons for some reason. I've tried placing them both ways and reversing them but nothing seems to work. Image
Loaders go from wagon to belt or belt to wagon. They do not go chest to wagon. You’ll have to use them in pairs, one to transfer from chest to belt, then another to transfer belt to wagon.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Therax wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:43 am
Firestronk wrote:
Loaders go from wagon to belt or belt to wagon. They do not go chest to wagon. You’ll have to use them in pairs, one to transfer from chest to belt, then another to transfer belt to wagon.
One thing I don't get in this: Why is there no ore on the belt of the miniloader? They should take ore out of the cargo wagon and place it on the internal belt and then stop when that is full and the ore should be visible. That's what happens with vanilla loaders and make it far more obvious that you need to pair them.

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Therax wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:43 am
Firestronk wrote:
I have tried placing belts after them but the ore still doesn't get taken off the train.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Firestronk wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:30 am
I have tried placing belts after them but the ore still doesn't get taken off the train.
From the looks of it, the train is not properly parked at a station. If it were, the cargo wagons should be open. Check if the train is in manual mode.
mrvn wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am
One thing I don't get in this: Why is there no ore on the belt of the miniloader? They should take ore out of the cargo wagon and place it on the internal belt and then stop when that is full and the ore should be visible. That's what happens with vanilla loaders and make it far more obvious that you need to pair them.
Also answers this.

Cadde
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cadde »

Indeed the train is in "automatic" mode and not currently stopped at a station waiting to load.
This can happen if you use temporary stops as once the stop times out and there are no other orders, the train closes.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

eduran wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:37 am
Firestronk wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:30 am
From the looks of it, the train is not properly parked at a station. If it were, the cargo wagons should be open. Check if the train is in manual mode.
mrvn wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am
Also answers this.
Doh. Right, missed that too. The cargo wagons are closed so nothing can be taken off it.

Bizobinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bizobinator »

eradicator wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm
Bizobinator wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:52 pm
Is there any way to have a miniloader that loads straight from one chest into another?
If the other chest is only one tile away why not use a long chest instead?
Well, this would be for something like loading ingots (Angel's mods) from one production building to another :P

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Bizobinator wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:24 pm
eradicator wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 3:14 pm
Bizobinator wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:52 pm
Is there any way to have a miniloader that loads straight from one chest into another?
If the other chest is only one tile away why not use a long chest instead?
Well, this would be for something like loading ingots (Angel's mods) from one production building to another :P
Build them further apart then :p.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

ZombieZilla
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZombieZilla »

Hey, do you know if you can add space miniloaders for the mod space exploration?

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Hello,
Seems like last release of this mod have some bug: when you place any blueprint having Medium electric pole (you can slap just that pole alone with Ctrl+V), "on_placed_blueprint" message being displayed with according sound:

I've turned all other mods but "base" one and experience this issue; "base" mod alone doesn't have it. So something is happened exactly with this mod. My Factorio is 0.17.48, Miniloader mod 1.7.10.

Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Therax »

ZombieZilla wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:12 am
Hey, do you know if you can add space miniloaders for the mod space exploration?
I've been meaning to have a look at Space Exploration, but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Wakaba-chan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:08 pm
Hello,
Seems like last release of this mod have some bug: when you place any blueprint having Medium electric pole (you can slap just that pole alone with Ctrl+V), "on_placed_blueprint" message being displayed with according sound
Thanks for the report! This should be fixed in 1.7.11.

Wakaba-chan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wakaba-chan »

Yes, everything fine now, thank you!

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

For a little while now (sorry, hashtag lazy) miniloader inserters have been showing some UI elements when Bob's loader mod is installed. I'm not sure what, exactly, is making them visible, and it could be an interaction with a third mod. I have not taken the time to fully debug it down to the minimum possible, simply because it is so reproducible for me.

I believe that is unintended, and there is some code to try and, well, not do that. Seems maybe not working with latest v17 Factorio, bob's inserters, and your mod. All updated as of this very second via the mod portal.

If you can't repo please let me know and I'll dig down into what, exactly, is happening to break things. I'd just rather be lazy and avoid the half hour or hour digging around more item prototypes and entities in-game to figure it out, or bisecting down mods to find the exact combination. Factory needs to grow. :)

Return to “Mods”