[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Post by bobingabout »

Airat9000 wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 3:07 pm
bobingabout wrote: ↑
Tue May 21, 2019 6:24 pm
BlueMarkers wrote: ↑
Tue May 21, 2019 6:15 pm
Running into the following error when trying to load Bob's with Angel's on 0.17.42. No prior issues as of yesterday before updating MCI.
I'm aware of this issue. I've poked angel with it, but there's not a lot I can do (unless I release another mod specifically to fix this issue)

It's because I've updated a lot of icons to size 64. Angel replaces some of my icons, such as the Aluminium plate in that screenshot, with his own version. However, his are size 32, and he just assumes the previous version was also size 32, not setting it as a specific value when he changes the icon.
The code therefore still says the icon is size 64 from my mod, but is presented with a size 32 graphic by Angel's mod, and fails.

The correct fix is for Angel to set icon_size = 32 on all icons he replaces with a size 32 graphic.
there are other possible fixes, such as you manually resizing the erroring icons in angels mod, or replacing them with the graphics for those icons from my mod, or even adding the icon_size = 32 tags to angels mod.

but for the moment, I would suggest reverting to 0.17.6 of bobplates, it's available on the mod portal.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobplates/downloads
;) find bug
max
2019-05-23_18-04-53.png
I noticed such a bug
if you re-install the code from the new game download or even put the settings in this way, the game does not normally generate Thorium, and quartz 2 main resources.
Rutile, cobal, zinc normally generates.
Less other resources.

Space exploration I use mod
This is a complicated issue to fix, but I am working on it.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Nakayuki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nakayuki »

huuum, im relation to the enemies using even just the library, I don't think that the very first bitter attack should be of this size
(using a pirated version to play with some friends that don't have the game, if it is just just a prank, just delete the post)
Attachments
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (3.65 MiB) Viewed 5090 times

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Nakayuki wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 pm
huuum, im relation to the enemies using some of the mods, I don't think that the very first bitter attack should be of this size
(using a pirated version to play with some friends that don't have the game, if it is just just a prank, just delete the post)
Actually, with the new pollution settings from 0.17.12(? - I think it is), this is not far from real. the pollution absorption was adjusted with the spawners, in that they do not "over-absorb" pollution. So, now the pollution is absorbed by more spawners than pre 0.17. They can be very numerous early on; like in your screenshot. Thankfully, these are tier 1, so a turret with enough ammo (yellow) can handle them, or your sub machine gun. The meta these days is to focus on a few military techs before your pollution cloud gets too big. Just get to piercing rounds (red ammo) and you will be fine.

Nakayuki
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nakayuki »

RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm
huuum, im relation to the enemies using some of the mods, I don't think that the very first bitter attack should be of this size
Actually, with the new pollution settings from 0.17.12(? - I think it is), this is not far from real. the pollution absorption was adjusted with the spawners, in that they do not "over-absorb" pollution. So, now the pollution is absorbed by more spawners than pre 0.17. They can be very numerous early on; like in your screenshot. Thankfully, these are tier 1, so a turret with enough ammo (yellow) can handle them, or your sub machine gun. The meta these days is to focus on a few military techs before your pollution cloud gets too big. Just get to piercing rounds (red ammo) and you will be fine.
I didn't experience this in my last game, maybe because this time there as a spawner very close by, just some 8-10 burner drills and BOOM, didn't have a chance(The screenshot is just a test that I made, in the actual game was like 20-30 bitters)

than if it is like this I'll have just to generate a better map

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 pm
RocketManChronicles wrote: ↑
Thu May 23, 2019 7:07 pm
I didn't experience this in my last game, maybe because this time there as a spawner very close by, just some 8-10 burner drills and BOOM, didn't have a chance(The screenshot is just a test that I made, in the actual game was like 20-30 bitters)

than if it is like this I'll have just to generate a better map
Yes, I think this is just "normal" for new 0.17.
when they first made that change in 0.17.12, the tutorial level was actually unplayable, because you just got swarmed by too many biters too soon.
I also have a Patreon.

toorudez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toorudez »

The latest Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod update added Heavy Water. This has caused a conflict with the Heavy Water recipe in PyFusion.

Edit: I have downgraded to 0.17.6 of the mod and it works with PyFusion.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

toorudez wrote: ↑
Sun May 26, 2019 3:36 pm
The latest Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod update added Heavy Water. This has caused a conflict with the Heavy Water recipe in PyFusion.

Edit: I have downgraded to 0.17.6 of the mod and it works with PyFusion.
Can you be more specific about what type of conflict it added? EG, post the error message?
I also have a Patreon.

toorudez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by toorudez »

Sun May 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Can you be more specific about what type of conflict it added? EG, post the error message?
Sure thing. The error message is:

It lists Angels Refining, but I can't find any reference to Heavy Water in that one.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

toorudez wrote: ↑
Sun May 26, 2019 6:15 pm
Sun May 26, 2019 5:18 pm

Sure thing. The error message is:

It lists Angels Refining, but I can't find any reference to Heavy Water in that one.
I've already fixed it. And will be posting an update to pycoaltbaa soon

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

Apologies if you fixed it in a more recent release (I haven't upgraded due to incompatibilities) but power armour 3 tech doesn't depend on power armour 2 in the version I have (or on armour making 3).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

alercah wrote: ↑
Thu May 30, 2019 5:12 am
Apologies if you fixed it in a more recent release (I haven't upgraded due to incompatibilities) but power armour 3 tech doesn't depend on power armour 2 in the version I have (or on armour making 3).
that's another minor bugfix to add to my list.
I also have a Patreon.

stretsh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stretsh »

I'm getting the following error in 0.17.35. Installing almost all Bob's mod (want to see what all this Bob-mania is about).

Entity with name 'roboport-remnants' does not exist.
boblogistics-error.png
boblogistics-error.png (12.88 KiB) Viewed 4853 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

stretsh wrote: ↑
Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pm
I'm getting the following error in 0.17.35. Installing almost all Bob's mod (want to see what all this Bob-mania is about).

boblogistics-error.png
0.17.35 is a major turning point for mod compatabillity, however, you need to update another version or 2 to avoid this error, I think it was 0.17.36 that added the unique remnants per entity.
Alternatively you could use the previous version of the Logistics mod.
I also have a Patreon.

stretsh
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by stretsh »

Thu May 30, 2019 9:20 pm
stretsh wrote: ↑
Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pm

boblogistics-error.png
0.17.35 is a major turning point for mod compatabillity, however, you need to update another version or 2 to avoid this error, I think it was 0.17.36 that added the unique remnants per entity.
Alternatively you could use the previous version of the Logistics mod.
Thanks for the super quick reply! Will download 2 versions up now...

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

;) hello! new version not normal generates in oil patches and fissure, lithium liqiuds in entity 1 patches
:(

resources normal generates, fliuds - not
2019-06-03_16-48-51.png
2019-06-03_16-48-51.png (754.09 KiB) Viewed 4792 times

zakthefallen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zakthefallen »

I'm not sure if you still check threads on the mod portal, so I'll post this here too. I encountered an error when starting up the game this morning, seems like it's caused by a recent game update. Here's the error message I got, something about the icon_size property not being defined:

Failed to load mods. The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside of the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
Sprite name: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.
If this is being used as an icon, you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

zakthefallen wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:18 pm
I'm not sure if you still check threads on the mod portal, so I'll post this here too. I encountered an error when starting up the game this morning, seems like it's caused by a recent game update. Here's the error message I got, something about the icon_size property not being defined:

Failed to load mods. The given sprite rectangle (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=64x64) is outside of the actual sprite size (left_top=0x0, right_bottom=32x32).
Sprite name: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.
If this is being used as an icon, you may need to define the icon_size property.: bobores/graphics/icons/iron_ore.png.
Emergancy fix released.

I'll probably release another version soon that makes use of the variation system for my own ores.
Maybe even the new mipmap feature.
I also have a Patreon.

zakthefallen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zakthefallen »

Thanks for the quick fix!

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by RocketManChronicles »

Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:51 pm
I'll probably release another version soon that makes use of the variation system for my own ores.
Maybe even the new mipmap feature.
Looking forward to seeing all of your ores on my belts the same as the new vanilla ones!

Chapeau-Claque
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chapeau-Claque »

I'm trying to make fibreglass boards and FNEI to the left shows Glass Fiber + resin as an option, but the assembler does not have an entry for this particular recipe. I'm running Sea Block which means mod pack a bit outdated, this is bobelectronics_0.17.4 . I did check the change logs of later versions and could not find a change entry for these boards. Could also be this is due to Angels or Sea Block deactivating recipe but FNEI should catch that, or?
Fibreglass.jpg
Fibreglass.jpg (177.21 KiB) Viewed 4614 times

Return to β€œBob's mods”