Confirmed. thanks.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by nagapito »

PyRO has a technology, Mining Machines 2, that unlocks tier 2 of machines that we might not even have unlocked tier 1 like the jaw crusher.

Maybe this tech should depend on the crusher tech and all other techs that unlock the respective tier 1's...

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

nagapito wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:34 pm
PyRO has a technology, Mining Machines 2, that unlocks tier 2 of machines that we might not even have unlocked tier 1 like the jaw crusher.

Maybe this tech should depend on the crusher tech and all other techs that unlock the respective tier 1's...
tried that before...tons of problems..so i decided to keep that way...you can always unlock jar crusher with the red science since mining machines 2 is green.
pY Coal processing mod

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Map icons problem was resolved! Chunks have to be revisited to be redrawn.

crazyguy98
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by crazyguy98 »

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:35 pm
Harag wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am
I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.
if someone knows if its true, i can fix that asap.
I have noticed today that the <resource>-rock icons on the map get hidden by trees. If there are any trees touching the resource, then the resource does not appear on the map. Once you clear the trees the resource immediately appears on the map.

Edit: While the resource is hidden if you hover over the correct pixel the resource will highlight informing you the type and size of the resource.

Stormphoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stormphoenix »

Hi all,

Delving into this mod, not particularly far, however I just want to check my game is function as intended, as it's mentioned early in the thread that the big square deposits you put mines on should be really rare, but I have them absolutely everywhere? This is using default oregen settings with no RSO.

Is this normal? Thanks!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am
Hi all,

Delving into this mod, not particularly far, however I just want to check my game is function as intended, as it's mentioned early in the thread that the big square deposits you put mines on should be really rare, but I have them absolutely everywhere? This is using default oregen settings with no RSO.

Is this normal? Thanks!
hmm....its supposed to be rare...yes.
pY Coal processing mod

Stormphoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stormphoenix »

Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?
rare
pY Coal processing mod

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

All those RSO big pyro rocks should be turned down, but not small phosphate and not salt rock

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:19 pm
All those RSO big pyro rocks should be turned down, but not small phosphate and not salt rock
and sulfur :)
pY Coal processing mod

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by woniubbg »

kingarthur wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 pm
cellular wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Is it safe to update Factorio past 17.24 yet, or does that still cause issues with recipes that have multiple copies of the same output?
Seems 2 be. I've been on latest version for bit and I've not had any issues. Just make sure the mods are updated before updating factorio
now I found a new issue with omnifuild
the chemical-plant cant run recpices which have above 2 ingredients(soild) even the vanilla SO2(soild-water+iron-ore+sulfur)
but when I only enable base, omnilib, omnifuild, that is ok
seems py's mods change the chemical-plant and same issue on oil-refinery /assembling-machine (MK3 is 4 ingredients max)
and when i disabled pyromod the chemical-plant cant run repices above 1 ingredients
will any one help me thanks

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

not my issue. pYmods never was compatible with omni. Dont expect we work to make this huge mod set compatible with all other 500++ mods around. So, dont hold your breath. But if anyone wanna make pymods compatible, we will give full support. Contact kingarthur directly.
pY Coal processing mod

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Stormphoenix wrote:
To me, even all other ores are way to "spammy" with RSO. I changed RSO chunk size to 12 and now it seems to be more in line with how RSO should generate ores, that is one here and one far there!

I should not make one rail line and connect 3-4 resources close to each other... They all should be really far apart from each others.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

nagapito wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Stormphoenix wrote:
To me, even all other ores are way to "spammy" with RSO. I changed RSO chunk size to 12 and now it seems to be more in line with how RSO should generate ores, that is one here and one far there!

I should not make one rail line and connect 3-4 resources close to each other... They all should be really far apart from each others.
What you are seeing might be a result of RSO compensating due to high amount of ores. It will place one more ore patch per sector per each 10 ore configurations.
I could add an option to disable this - it will be pretty risky in terms of resource finding. Main reason for it is that if you ahve a lot of ores then finding specific one will get more and more difficult with number of ores.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

orzelek wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 pm
What you are seeing might be a result of RSO compensating due to high amount of ores. It will place one more ore patch per sector per each 10 ore configurations.
I could add an option to disable this - it will be pretty risky in terms of resource finding. Main reason for it is that if you ahve a lot of ores then finding specific one will get more and more difficult with number of ores.
youre the best!
pY Coal processing mod

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by woniubbg »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm
not my issue. pYmods never was compatible with omni. Dont expect we work to make this huge mod set compatible with all other 500++ mods around. So, dont hold your breath. But if anyone wanna make pymods compatible, we will give full support. Contact kingarthur directly.
I've been playing the PY mods for nearly 1000 hours.

Also I tried to delete other mods to play pure py mods as more as possible.

But omnifuild is really needed because each py building can be effected by about at least 8~14 towers in the later game.

Then the fluid output in the pymods'repice is very big count and pipe speed is reall low.

In addition, omnifuild mod is a single mod and there should be no big compatibility problem.

My mod list: all py mods omnilib omnifuild yuoki recexplore big bags qolrec bob's belt and helmod

And I tried add PyCoal Touched By an Angel but went wrong seems i dont enable angels mod cuased it

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter

Post by woniubbg »

I'll just contact kingarthur
also thanks you pyanodon for huge pymods

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

woniubbg wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm
pyanodon wrote:

But omnifuild is really needed because each py building can be effected by about at least 8~14 towers in the later game.

Then the fluid output in the pymods'repice is very big count and pipe speed is reall low.

In addition, omnifuild mod is a single mod and there should be no big compatibility problem.

My mod list: all py mods omnilib omnifuild yuoki recexplore big bags qolrec bob's belt and helmod

And I tried add PyCoal Touched By an Angel but went wrong seems i dont enable angels mod cuased it
Well, you also have GDIW and fluid permutations alternatives, which, in my opinion, are way less intrusive and cause way less issues with other mods

Blokus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blokus »

nagapito wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 pm
woniubbg wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm
pyanodon wrote:

Well, you also have GDIW and fluid permutations alternatives, which, in my opinion, are way less intrusive and cause way less issues with other mods
Omnifluid is the one that replaces fluids with solid items (and changes the numbers so that you don't have to deal with a ridiculous amount of items). You're thinking of Omnipermute.

Return to “PyMods”