pY Raw Ores Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Post Reply
crazyguy98
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by crazyguy98 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:04 am

Pyanodon,

In the changelog for PYRO 1.2.7 you moved the coal-to-coke recipe to coke-processing-mk01 which has caused the recipe to disappear. Checking the technology file I found that the technology name is simply coke-mk01.

Thanks.

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:33 am

Confirmed. thanks.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:18 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by nagapito » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:34 pm

PyRO has a technology, Mining Machines 2, that unlocks tier 2 of machines that we might not even have unlocked tier 1 like the jaw crusher.

Maybe this tech should depend on the crusher tech and all other techs that unlock the respective tier 1's...

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:36 pm

nagapito wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:34 pm
PyRO has a technology, Mining Machines 2, that unlocks tier 2 of machines that we might not even have unlocked tier 1 like the jaw crusher.

Maybe this tech should depend on the crusher tech and all other techs that unlock the respective tier 1's...
tried that before...tons of problems..so i decided to keep that way...you can always unlock jar crusher with the red science since mining machines 2 is green.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by YunoAloe » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:49 pm

Map icons problem was resolved! Chunks have to be revisited to be redrawn.

crazyguy98
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by crazyguy98 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:35 pm

pyanodon wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:35 pm
Harag wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:10 am
I noticed that most of the <resource>-rock entities have map_grid=true. I think that's the setting that controls if the resource field is drawn with a checkered pattern on the map and which causes those rocks to sometimes be invisible. I'm not sure if using map_grid=false is the way to fix this, though, there's no wiki documentation for the prototype field.
if someone knows if its true, i can fix that asap.
I have noticed today that the <resource>-rock icons on the map get hidden by trees. If there are any trees touching the resource, then the resource does not appear on the map. Once you clear the trees the resource immediately appears on the map.

Edit: While the resource is hidden if you hover over the correct pixel the resource will highlight informing you the type and size of the resource.

Stormphoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Stormphoenix » Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am

Hi all,

Delving into this mod, not particularly far, however I just want to check my game is function as intended, as it's mentioned early in the thread that the big square deposits you put mines on should be really rare, but I have them absolutely everywhere? This is using default oregen settings with no RSO.

Image


Is this normal? Thanks!

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Wed May 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am
Hi all,

Delving into this mod, not particularly far, however I just want to check my game is function as intended, as it's mentioned early in the thread that the big square deposits you put mines on should be really rare, but I have them absolutely everywhere? This is using default oregen settings with no RSO.

Is this normal? Thanks!
hmm....its supposed to be rare...yes.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Stormphoenix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:03 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by Stormphoenix » Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm

Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Wed May 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?
rare
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:11 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by TwentyEighty » Wed May 01, 2019 1:19 pm

All those RSO big pyro rocks should be turned down, but not small phosphate and not salt rock

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Wed May 01, 2019 1:20 pm

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:19 pm
All those RSO big pyro rocks should be turned down, but not small phosphate and not salt rock
and sulfur :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by woniubbg » Wed May 01, 2019 5:14 pm

kingarthur wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:06 pm
cellular wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:36 pm
Is it safe to update Factorio past 17.24 yet, or does that still cause issues with recipes that have multiple copies of the same output?
Seems 2 be. I've been on latest version for bit and I've not had any issues. Just make sure the mods are updated before updating factorio
now I found a new issue with omnifuild
the chemical-plant cant run recpices which have above 2 ingredients(soild) even the vanilla SO2(soild-water+iron-ore+sulfur)
but when I only enable base, omnilib, omnifuild, that is ok
seems py's mods change the chemical-plant and same issue on oil-refinery /assembling-machine (MK3 is 4 ingredients max)
and when i disabled pyromod the chemical-plant cant run repices above 1 ingredients
will any one help me thanks

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm

not my issue. pYmods never was compatible with omni. Dont expect we work to make this huge mod set compatible with all other 500++ mods around. So, dont hold your breath. But if anyone wanna make pymods compatible, we will give full support. Contact kingarthur directly.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:18 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by nagapito » Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 pm

Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?
To me, even all other ores are way to "spammy" with RSO. I changed RSO chunk size to 12 and now it seems to be more in line with how RSO should generate ores, that is one here and one far there!

I should not make one rail line and connect 3-4 resources close to each other... They all should be really far apart from each others.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 3563
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by orzelek » Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 pm

nagapito wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:57 pm
Stormphoenix wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:02 pm
Well I guess I'll restart with RSO and turn down the rarity on the mines. Dos Nexelit count as a rare mine or a normal ore?
To me, even all other ores are way to "spammy" with RSO. I changed RSO chunk size to 12 and now it seems to be more in line with how RSO should generate ores, that is one here and one far there!

I should not make one rail line and connect 3-4 resources close to each other... They all should be really far apart from each others.
What you are seeing might be a result of RSO compensating due to high amount of ores. It will place one more ore patch per sector per each 10 ore configurations.
I could add an option to disable this - it will be pretty risky in terms of resource finding. Main reason for it is that if you ahve a lot of ores then finding specific one will get more and more difficult with number of ores.

User avatar
pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1593
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:42 pm
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by pyanodon » Wed May 01, 2019 6:27 pm

orzelek wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:23 pm
What you are seeing might be a result of RSO compensating due to high amount of ores. It will place one more ore patch per sector per each 10 ore configurations.
I could add an option to disable this - it will be pretty risky in terms of resource finding. Main reason for it is that if you ahve a lot of ores then finding specific one will get more and more difficult with number of ores.
youre the best!
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by woniubbg » Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm

pyanodon wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm
not my issue. pYmods never was compatible with omni. Dont expect we work to make this huge mod set compatible with all other 500++ mods around. So, dont hold your breath. But if anyone wanna make pymods compatible, we will give full support. Contact kingarthur directly.
I've been playing the PY mods for nearly 1000 hours.

Also I tried to delete other mods to play pure py mods as more as possible.

But omnifuild is really needed because each py building can be effected by about at least 8~14 towers in the later game.

Then the fluid output in the pymods'repice is very big count and pipe speed is reall low.

In addition, omnifuild mod is a single mod and there should be no big compatibility problem.

My mod list: all py mods omnilib omnifuild yuoki recexplore big bags qolrec bob's belt and helmod

And I tried add PyCoal Touched By an Angel but went wrong seems i dont enable angels mod cuased it

woniubbg
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by woniubbg » Wed May 01, 2019 6:45 pm

I'll just contact kingarthur
also thanks you pyanodon for huge pymods

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:18 am
Contact:

Re: pY Raw Ores Discussion

Post by nagapito » Wed May 01, 2019 8:56 pm

woniubbg wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 6:40 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 5:46 pm
not my issue. pYmods never was compatible with omni. Dont expect we work to make this huge mod set compatible with all other 500++ mods around. So, dont hold your breath. But if anyone wanna make pymods compatible, we will give full support. Contact kingarthur directly.
I've been playing the PY mods for nearly 1000 hours.

Also I tried to delete other mods to play pure py mods as more as possible.

But omnifuild is really needed because each py building can be effected by about at least 8~14 towers in the later game.

Then the fluid output in the pymods'repice is very big count and pipe speed is reall low.

In addition, omnifuild mod is a single mod and there should be no big compatibility problem.

My mod list: all py mods omnilib omnifuild yuoki recexplore big bags qolrec bob's belt and helmod

And I tried add PyCoal Touched By an Angel but went wrong seems i dont enable angels mod cuased it
Well, you also have GDIW and fluid permutations alternatives, which, in my opinion, are way less intrusive and cause way less issues with other mods

Post Reply

Return to “PyMods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hydrochinon