Moderator: pyanodon

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Show Me Your...

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

hallgeirl wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:04 pm
My fiberboard factory, all MK1... 1 full yellow belt of fiberboards! Before I started I was like... how complicated can this be, anyway. Turned out to be a bit more work than I first anticipated. :D

20190304200031_1.jpg
  • 1 if you use a CO2 loop you can get more raw fiber ( i think u already use it for the wood)
  • 2 making coke on the spot isn t ideal because of the coal dust made that will back up
  • 3 even if you use it for power it is not a guarantee it will be all used
  • 4 since u use recipe 1 you should stack up some organic solvent , use the tall oil to get L-oil, and use the black liquor to get power or phenol?
  • 5 since its me i have to say this : if you reroute the final output through the center you will win some space , i think that if you built it more compact here and there you would have saved like 10 tiles length and like 5 height
  • 7* if you invest iron you can iron>STICK>stone>tar>salt and you can use that to make NaSO4 with the addition of H2SO4 that you get like this
    tall-oil>L-oil>p-gas>S +some iron>>>H2SO4 note you need NaOH first but you can get that in a closed lime loop with just the addition of some coke if you do the math right you can increase the fiberboard yeald by 30-60% and you get extra aromatics and benzene? [/list=]

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:10 pm
hallgeirl wrote:
My fiberboard factory, all MK1... 1 full yellow belt of fiberboards! Before I started I was like... how complicated can this be, anyway. Turned out to be a bit more work than I first anticipated. :D

20190304200031_1.jpg
  • 1 if you use a CO2 loop you can get more raw fiber ( i think u already use it for the wood)
  • 2 making coke on the spot isn t ideal because of the coal dust made that will back up
  • 4 since u use recipe 1 you should stack up some organic solvent , use the tall oil to get L-oil, and use the black liquor to get power or phenol?
  • 5 since its me i have to say this : if you reroute the final output through the center you will win some space , i think that if you built it more compact here and there you would have saved like 10 tiles length and like 5 height
  • 7* if you invest iron you can iron>STICK>stone>tar>salt and you can use that to make NaSO4 with the addition of H2SO4 that you get like this
    tall-oil>L-oil>p-gas>S +some iron>>>H2SO4 note you need NaOH first but you can get that in a closed lime loop with just the addition of some coke if you do the math right you can increase the fiberboard yeald by 30-60% and you get extra aromatics and benzene? [/list=]
Thanks for the tips! :-) Quick comments back:
1. I already use CO2+lamps for additional fiber - otherwise the number of plantations would probably be twice as many.
2.-3. I route excess coal dust to the boilers+steam engines below. What's hard to see in the picture is that I buffer it in a chest right before. And what isn't shown because it's outside the bounds of the picture is that I vent steam if that chest has more than like 100 coal dust in it in case power usage is not high enough to consume it all.
4. It crossed my mind that I shouldn't dump this stuff - however, it was getting kind of crowded :D Might do something about it later...
7. Good tips! Thanks!

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

hallgeirl wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:49 am
immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:10 pm
hallgeirl wrote:

20190304200031_1.jpg
Thanks for the tips! :-) Quick comments back:
1. I already use CO2+lamps for additional fiber - otherwise the number of plantations would probably be twice as many.
2.-3. I route excess coal dust to the boilers+steam engines below. What's hard to see in the picture is that I buffer it in a chest right before. And what isn't shown because it's outside the bounds of the picture is that I vent steam if that chest has more than like 100 coal dust in it in case power usage is not high enough to consume it all.
4. It crossed my mind that I shouldn't dump this stuff - however, it was getting kind of crowded :D Might do something about it later...
7. Good tips! Thanks!
2 why not use excess steam for coke production? expand steam and power your bese out of it

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

immortal_sniper1 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:12 am
2 why not use excess steam for coke production? expand steam and power your bese out of it
Done :)

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

Printed circuit substrate 2. GETTING THERE.
20190317070046_1.jpg
20190317070046_1.jpg (761.18 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Inputs are (from the left to right): Molybdenum ore, urea, nickel plates, phenol, iron plates, fiberboard, lamps, copper plates, nylon parts, tin plates, etching solution.
Outputs are printed circuit substrate 2, nexelite ore, sodium hydroxide. It should be good for 3/s - meaning enough for a yellow belt of circuit 2's once I get there.

Been a long ride so far, I expect it to still be a long ride before I get my first circuit 2 produced.. ;)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Wow...you used a lot of sand extractors. Convert waste stone to sand isnt worth? Since almost every ore give you stone as by product?
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm
Wow...you used a lot of sand extractors. Convert waste stone to sand isnt worth? Since almost every ore give you stone as by product?
its not enough by far

hallgeirl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hallgeirl »

pyanodon wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:40 pm
I would need a full 8-car train constantly offloading stone... so I settled for using sand extractors instead. Space is plenty, and less logistics :)
I use the waste stone from ore processing usually on-site (sand casting, tar, other things).

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

In the spirit of "show me yours"... I'd like to share our train based Pyanodon map, nearly 700 train stations. Now starting to plan circuits three and yellow science.

https://imgur.com/dk9ur1c

Vanilla train management, no LTS.

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Woah. Which pymods is this? I looks like it's not using PyRO based on the ore colors. And it must be using vanilla biter settings turned way down with expansion off? Is that correct? What's above versus below the 4 way rails?

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:28 pm
Woah. Which pymods is this? I looks like it's not using PyRO based on the ore colors. And it must be using vanilla biter settings turned way down with expansion off? Is that correct? What's above versus below the 4 way rails?
So this game has been going on maybe six months now. I'm afraid to update anything for fear of breaking changes...

The biters are at 97% evolution and default settings. We clear them pretty aggressively.

Code: Select all

factorio@odin3:~/factorio_bobo/mods$ ls -1   
CanalBuilder_0.0.6.zip                       
LoaderRedux_1.2.7.zip                        
MaxRateCalculator_2.1.18.zip                 
MicroFurnace_1.0.2.zip                       
mod-list.json                                
mod-settings.dat                             
MushroomCloud_1.0.3.zip                      
Nanobots_2.0.7.zip                           
Nuclear_Artillery_Shell_1.0.0.zip            
pycoalprocessing_1.0.10.zip                  
pyfusionenergy_1.0.7.zip                     
pyhightech_1.0.9.zip                         
pyindustry_1.0.10.zip                        
qol_research_2.2.6.zip                       
railloader_0.5.1.zip                         
upgrade-planner_1.5.3.zip                    
vanilla-loaders-hd_0.16.17.zip               
what-is-it-really-used-for_1.3.4.zip
Above vs below is just the latest expansion south. The major change is diamond processing is all south, and took about 25% of the space of the above. I may post a factoriomaps version when we're done with one rocket.

This started on belts and given the volume of unique items, we decided to go trains. I'm sure many people go bots for ad-hoc point to point item movement, and Py has some "earlier" bots. We did trains instead. 700 stations and counting.

RedViper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RedViper »

Hello, I stole this design from host65
Provider.png
Provider.png (2 MiB) Viewed 4694 times
However I can't get it to work, I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly stupid but for some reason they liquids aren't being provided to the LTN network.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

looks amazing!
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

RedViper wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:09 pm
Hello, I stole this design from host65

However I can't get it to work, I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly stupid but for some reason they liquids aren't being provided to the LTN network.
is that from the blueprint by host65? and do u understand the function of provider/requester threshold? it took me some time to get it to work but i can only do the simplest version, i can show u my design if u want

i cant see clearly but have u linked the tanks to the station input (the lamp)?

RedViper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RedViper »

mxpal wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:08 am
e
Yeah I understand LTN fairly well, it was just this design that was giving me some problems.
I actually managed to get it working yesterday after I posted.

I had to connect the lamp to the constant combinator(Which is connected to the tanks), and the Train Stop Output to the leftmost arithmetic combinator, this got it to work properly.

I'm not sure if it was supposed to be disconnected originally or if something broke when I imported the BP, anyway, it's working.

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

FINALLY!!!!

finally........after much struggle, circuit 3 is here. 300 hours of work that is even more difficult than my job. i think i am the first to post a circuit 3 and production sci base with pyro? (immortal sniper's black market base doesnt count! :mrgreen: )

pure py series with LTN, a couple of QoL mods, and bobs inserters. no RSO though.

0.1 of each science pack/s. 0.5 of each circuit/s. yes its a spaghetti fest, but at least its a gridded spaghetti that works. spaghetti that runs on tailings.

i really need to take a break now....
20190430002212_1.jpg
20190430002212_1.jpg (678.54 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
20190430002119_1.jpg
20190430002119_1.jpg (746.47 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
20190430001927_1.jpg
20190430001927_1.jpg (496.71 KiB) Viewed 4540 times
20190430001440_1.jpg
20190430001440_1.jpg (647.11 KiB) Viewed 4540 times

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

mxpal irl

trailertrash13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trailertrash13 »

Hey redviper, i am using that same layout. I'm using the whole train block and am having trouble also could you post a pic of how you fixed it? the only way it works for me is if i change the pump condition from greater to greater equal.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

so i made a setup for steel/stainless steel for the py community server. 15/s each. it might be overkill.
20190429181537_1.jpg
20190429181537_1.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 4505 times

SteelShark
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SteelShark »

kingarthur wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:26 pm
so i made a setup for steel/stainless steel for the py community server. 15/s each. it might be overkill.20190429181537_1.jpg
Can u give BP ?

Return to “PyMods”