[MOD 0.17.x] ColorTIERHR "ShinyBob on sterides"

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.17.x] ColorTIERHR "ShinyBob on sterides"

Post by Kamsta99 »

Hello Factorians !
This mod adds colors tiering for Bob's machines to make it easily see to which is better. Also adds some improves some machines to HR quality. Side effect of coloring now more new and less rusty. AAt the moment works only with HR quality in graphic settings (this will change in future). Also i dont support icons at now because i using modified version ShinyBobIcons(personal use)

My mod includes/add color tiering to:
+All steam engines
+All boilers
+All steam turbines
+All heat exchangers
+All electric poles
+All electric substation
+All miners
+All pumpjacks
+All charge pads
+All logistic expansion towers
+All roboports
+All solar panels
+All accumulators
+All oil refineries
+All beacons (now in HR quality)
+All furnaces
+All labs
+All assembling machines
+All electrolyser (now in HR quality)
+All chemical plants
+All radars
+All artilery turrets
+All mines (now in HR quality)

Download:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ColorTIERHR

I really want to hear what you thing about my project, I will gladly accept positive or negative but constructive respond, also respond about bugs and help how with data.raw edit tint
Last edited by Kamsta99 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.x] ColorTIERHR "ShinyBob on sterides"

Post by GrumpyJoe »

looking great :!:
except for the power poles, too much color imho

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Added download link because i forgot ;)

About electric poles i like how them look in game but I haven't got any idea how to do that other way

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Kamsta99 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 pm
Added download link because i forgot ;)

About electric poles i like how them look in game but I haven't got any idea how to do that other way
found it ingame, no biggie. alsready using it and it looks great ;)

I think you shouldn´t pain the poles all over, all other buildings have _something_ thats color coded, they just fell in the dye pot :D

But taste is subjective

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

also, i think you should get this thread moved to Bob´s forum section (just "report" yourself or my post and add a move request in the text field)

You´ll get much more feedback there

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Thanks, im newbie on forum so thank for suggestion

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Bob's mods subforum.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Although I don't disagree with this mod, I do disagree with some of the colour choices. For example, the oil refinery should probably start with red, not yellow. The colours are supposed to indicate the tech level, not just the tier of that specific entity, so maximum tech level is 5, to maximum tier of most things should be green.

Though I admit, that does leave a few of the trees, like electrolysers a little confused, because the first one is clearly T1 and should be yellow, but the MK4 is T5 and should be green, so what tier gets skipped? I have been looking into this myself and considering if I should rework the tiers of some of these machines.
Another indicator is that mining machines (Especially noticable on pumpjacks and water miners) go up to speed 5, furnaces go to speed 4, but some of the other machines like oil refinery, assembling machine, chemical plant and electrolyser, the top tier is all 3.5. I've been thinking perhaps the top tier across the board (Except mining) should be speed 4.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

At first i want to thank you for awesome mods Bob. :D
Tiering is not based on speed. Its based which one we should build next , if i got yellow machine i will update them to red one. With icon mod its really easy to understand what machine will be better than acctualy placed one.

Refinery is not red because its this one from vanilla game, so their tier is yellow (Basic - first one we get)

Tiers:
Gray - burner age
Yellow - Basic
Red - More advanced
Blue - Advanced
Purple - Almost the best
Green - Best one

Of cource is tier green exits

Furnace i did as Qumojo in ShinyBob because i didnt have idea how color them other way. :?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's definitely better than what's in most of bob's mods base. Either no colours, or in some cases colours in the wrong order.
I also have a Patreon.

Zyrconia
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zyrconia »

These look very good! Great job!

But personally, I would desaturate the color a bit...

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

first ingame impression

i feared the steam engines would have abit too much color, 40 of them standing side by side, when its like 60-70% color and 30-40% grey machinery
but actually its looks pretty nice. What makes this better than others in my opinion, is the fact that its not made polished and shiny, which doesn´t fit the overall dirty and polluted world

Still unsure about the power poles being all color, would need to build abit more than the burner phase in my new AAI+Bob game

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Thank for ours positive respond
About poles, i dont have idea how color them

alercah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by alercah »

How does this compare to ShinyBob, for the uninitiated? And are you going to do Angel's?

Kamsta99
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamsta99 »

Nah im dont have plans for angel but i have fun making graphics and using photoshop so if i dont need to do code probably then yes

durzolr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by durzolr »

as a consumer of Bob's and shiny, and in reference to the tier coloring debate; personally I think the color coding should have connection to what it takes to make them. A product that requires titanium should be blue, whether its mk2 or mk5 of that particular item. this would make it much easier to line things up for production, or know what you need to have to handcraft, without much thought. In regards to the telephone poles... they do seem bright, but I run Alien Biomes so the world ISN'T so plain and dreary. These bright colors match well with my worlds, and if you decide to offer a more desaturated option, it should definitely be just that; an option.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

durzolr wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 6:57 pm
as a consumer of Bob's and shiny, and in reference to the tier coloring debate; personally I think the color coding should have connection to what it takes to make them. A product that requires titanium should be blue, whether its mk2 or mk5 of that particular item. this would make it much easier to line things up for production, or know what you need to have to handcraft, without much thought. In regards to the telephone poles... they do seem bright, but I run Alien Biomes so the world ISN'T so plain and dreary. These bright colors match well with my worlds, and if you decide to offer a more desaturated option, it should definitely be just that; an option.
For some things, I sort of have that opinion too. It's MK3 but there's only 4? should it be Blue because it's the 3rd one, or purple because it takes Titanium? (Yes, Titanium is actually used in most purple things, purple belts are titanium, blue are Aluminum/cobalt, but brass and invar are also that level. Tungsten is also the same level as Titanium)
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”