[MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ragu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:40 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Ragu » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm

what is difference between pressurized and basic storage tank? as i see they both have 25K storage

Prome3us
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:07 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Prome3us » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm

morcup wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to pump natural gas. It won't work for me with pumpjacks.
I finally got to the point where I'm only hand delivering stuff part-time, so calling blue science semi-automated. Hydrogen is still a choke point atm, so I thought I'd start up gas production for some extra chemfuel and H2. I've also run into this problem, not being able to place pumpjack 1's on natural gas wells. Is this intended behaviour, am I missing something too, or is it supposed to only be possible after pumpjack 2 (purple science) research?

khadgarion
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:34 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by khadgarion » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:46 am

Ragu wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 pm
what is difference between pressurized and basic storage tank? as i see they both have 25K storage
If i had to guess I would say transfer speed?
Prome3us wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:47 pm
morcup wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:03 pm
I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to pump natural gas. It won't work for me with pumpjacks.
I finally got to the point where I'm only hand delivering stuff part-time, so calling blue science semi-automated. Hydrogen is still a choke point atm, so I thought I'd start up gas production for some extra chemfuel and H2. I've also run into this problem, not being able to place pumpjack 1's on natural gas wells. Is this intended behaviour, am I missing something too, or is it supposed to only be possible after pumpjack 2 (purple science) research?
I think it's pumpjack 2 research, which has purple science. It has quite a bit of tier 3 stuff in the recipe, so maybe natural gas refining should be in the purple science tree as well...

Prome3us
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 8:07 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Prome3us » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 am

Thanks a ton for the reply khadgarion, would have hated to give up at this point hehe. On with the madness!!

Kungeal
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:10 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Kungeal » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:17 am

I'll be finish this mod in about 20 hours as the final research is being conducted.
to join my game you'll need xandermod 2 both mod packs and therax hotfix
also i think khad has a hotfix too which i'm asking him to update so i can make the final ingredient for the rocket.
so just under 700 hours to complete for the world record :P

User avatar
Repofme1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm
Contact:

News

Post by Repofme1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Wow. I am quite impressed that people continued to persevere or so long through such a balance- and advancement-broken mod as XM.

My hiatus is still in effect, and I will not be present on the forums much, but I am looking at the mod again.


Gears are turning . . .

jodokus31
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by jodokus31 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Hey, nice to see you back :)

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2017
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Ranakastrasz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Is there a fix for the localization issues? I tried installing several of the fix mods, but none of them did so.

Spent around an hour trying it out. Already looks pretty awesome, and less of a "Like vanilla but way more complex" than Angelbobs, plus is slow enough that I think I can work my way up it.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

jodokus31
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by jodokus31 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Is there a fix for the localization issues? I tried installing several of the fix mods, but none of them did so.
There were some fixes and changes on github from summer, but it was not released
You can try it from here:
https://github.com/Factorio-Xander-Mod/Xander-Mod/

User avatar
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 2017
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:05 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Ranakastrasz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 pm

jodokus31 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:21 pm
Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm
Is there a fix for the localization issues? I tried installing several of the fix mods, but none of them did so.
There were some fixes and changes on github from summer, but it was not released
You can try it from here:
https://github.com/Factorio-Xander-Mod/Xander-Mod/
Will try that.

Also, Not sure if it was just bad luck, but I started with minimal coal, and reading other posts, this is uncommon. Is there a recommended resource spawn setting?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

jodokus31
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 538
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by jodokus31 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Ranakastrasz wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:50 pm
Also, Not sure if it was just bad luck, but I started with minimal coal, and reading other posts, this is uncommon. Is there a recommended resource spawn setting?
I used RSO and it was fine. Vanilla resource gen seems to be a bit too random.
Coal is pretty important early, because you'll need a ton of coke, but it also has higher fuel values compared to vanilla

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Delanii » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:58 am

Hello Repofme1,
I am happy to hear that you are back in developing this mod. I like its touch of reality and a lot of its ideas.
For making this mod compatible with other mods, I am considering creating a compatibility mod. Would you be interested in this, helping me make this happen, maybe giving me some consultations, insight of your code?
For instance, first issue I bumped into is, that you "nilified" all atributes of rocket fuel (from base mod). Why is that? Would you consider reverting this?
Regards, Delanii

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter
Posts: 1338
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:32 am
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Airat9000 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:57 am

Please compartible in angel refining
and bob inserters , ans basemod

find 40 bug((
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/xander-mo ... 000b429db9
:( :(

User avatar
McMaster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by McMaster » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:49 pm

I am using "Side inserters" instead of bob's.

production.lua:
"electric-energy-accumulators-1" to "electric-energy-accumulators" rename in Xander's code to compatibility 0.17.23 and later.

raw-refining.lua:
data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-a"].energy_required = data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-a"].energy_required / 10
data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-b"].energy_required = data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-b"].energy_required / 10

science.lua:
data.raw.recipe["chemical-science-pack"].ingredients = {{"advanced-circuit", 1}, {"transformer-1", 1}, {"engine-unit", 1}, {"electric-mining-drill", 1}}

I am just do manually corrections for some of problems discussed in this topic and Xander works fine.

P.S. "bobores" - Xander itself has so many ores and tough refining. With "bobores" things just do gone crazy.
I turned off all bob's and angel's mods because Xander is another way to game play.

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Delanii » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:04 pm

McMaster wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:49 pm
I am using "Side inserters" instead of bob's.

production.lua:
"electric-energy-accumulators-1" to "electric-energy-accumulators" rename in Xander's code to compatibility 0.17.23 and later.

raw-refining.lua:
data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-a"].energy_required = data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-a"].energy_required / 10
data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-b"].energy_required = data.raw.recipe["air-distillation-b"].energy_required / 10

science.lua:
data.raw.recipe["chemical-science-pack"].ingredients = {{"advanced-circuit", 1}, {"transformer-1", 1}, {"engine-unit", 1}, {"electric-mining-drill", 1}}

I am just do manually corrections for some of problems discussed in this topic and Xander works fine.

P.S. "bobores" - Xander itself has so many ores and tough refining. With "bobores" things just do gone crazy.
I turned off all bob's and angel's mods because Xander is another way to game play.
Hello McMaster,
seems you have pretty good orientation in Xander mod. I am trying to find all the resources in this mod to make it compatible with Omnimatter, but I am having trouble to find the file in which is information about skarn, evaporites and such. I only found iron, copper, coal and uranium (as theyre extended from base, then updated in terms of few atributes).
Do you know how does it work? I am even failing at finding them in autoplace-control.. :/
Thank you very much for an help, regards Delanii

User avatar
McMaster
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by McMaster » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:24 pm

Skarn Type Ore , Evaporite Salts , it is from Xander 2.1.1 for 0.16
In xander-mod-v1 resources in ore.lua
Xander 2.1.1 only have 1-5-1_2-0-0.json file in migrations, strange
xander-mod-v1 is only xander working in 0.17 now.
Original xander author our last hope.

User avatar
Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Therax » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:17 pm

I have a version of XM 2.1.1 that’s running on 0.17, and will be releasing it as a fork with Repofme1’s permission. I expect it to be buggy, so bear with me. XM is what inspired me to write mods of my own, so definitely want to see it live on!
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Delanii
Inserter
Inserter
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Delanii » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:21 am

Therax wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:17 pm
I have a version of XM 2.1.1 that’s running on 0.17, and will be releasing it as a fork with Repofme1’s permission. I expect it to be buggy, so bear with me. XM is what inspired me to write mods of my own, so definitely want to see it live on!
Thats great news sir!

BroMasterFlex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:55 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by BroMasterFlex » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:59 pm

I got it to work as long as I have the RSO mod installed with it. I ran into and fixed some issues. Then, I submitted a pull request to the update_0_17 branch that jodokus31 made.

https://github.com/justinbangerter/Xand ... pdate_0_17

User avatar
Therax
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: [MOD 0.16] Xander Mod v2.1.1

Post by Therax » Thu May 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Xander Mod (Therax) is now available on the mod portal. Most of the changes from tip-of-trunk are incorporated.

Things that work:
  • ore generation
  • mining times adjusted for default iron axe
  • assembler ingredient limits removed
Things that I know don't work yet:
  • 0.17 graphics updates (e.g. highres solar panels and new belt graphics)
  • axe research for XM materials
  • advanced processing units should require a VLSI CPU, but don't
  • science pack research
Please give it a try. I have lots of other plans, but wanted to get something released.
Miniloader — UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders
Bulk Rail Loaders — Rapid train loading and unloading
Beltlayer & Pipelayer — Route items and fluids freely underground

Post Reply

Return to “Mods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: richarnd