ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Tools for search and installing new mods as well as starting Factorio.
For dedicated server handling see Multiplayer Tools
GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.17 update

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Artentus wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:20 pm

The ingame mod browser allows switching between different versions, however the selected version is not stored anywhere, with the next game restart the selection is reset to default. This also means I cannot read or manipulate the selection from MMF, so while I do indeed already have support for multiple versions in MMF I cannot actually start the game with a specific version. This makes MMF effectively less functional in 0.17 than in 0.16 (where switching between versions now works flawlessly in my dev builds).

I really hope this is getting adressed in later experimental releases. With the current system the only solution I see is to use the 0.16 system for 0.17 as well, which disables the ingame switching completely.
i would even call that a bug, at least a missing feature

we just noticed that on a server. A new member was trying to join, synched the mods, but unfortunatly some mod was upgraded since we started 2 hours earlier and he ended up downloading that.
Every time he restarted, it went back to the newest version and couldn´t join. He ended up deleting the newest version in the mod folder and finally joined

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: ModMyFactory - mod manager and more

Post by Artentus »

It really does seem like the feature is not fully implemented yet. The selection does exist but it doesn't do anything. You don't even have to restart the game, simply leaving and reentering the mod list resets it.

Anyway I will just ignore this for the time being and use my own system. If it gets fixed I can still publish an update.

Version 1.10 will most likely be done some time this week.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.10.0pre1 released

Post by Artentus »

Changelog:
  • Added support for multiple versions of the same mod.
  • Added option to lock modpacks.
  • Added support for mod thumbnails.
  • Added changelog to About section.
  • Fixed crash when selecting certain online mods.
  • Fixed rare crash when adding Steam installation.
  • Fixed visual bug in expanded list items.
  • Improved mod filtering performance.
  • Improved performance of web requests.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Artentus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 pm
Version 1.10 will most likely be done some time this week.
that is really a nice definition of "some time this week" : a mere 4 hours later !!! :-)
just the opposite of the definition of "soon(TM)" :-)

I'll soon(TM) install and test the new version, but until some problems in 0.17 are fixed (eg i have problems updating mods ingame, and mods that prevent me from starting factorio would have to be disabled manually by editing the json) i am dependend on MMF to enable/disable mods and to update mods, and won't risk finding any problems in the new version.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I rather overestimate timeframes instead of missing them. ;)
But I did finish it faster than I though.

Let's see how fast I can get this to a stable release so you can use it. So far I've not received any bug reports.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

0.17 update

Post by Artentus »

Great new guys! Turns out the mod GUI was bugged and the multi-versions support didn't work correctly.
It's fixed in 0.17.9: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66941

But that means the 1.10 prerelease is now invalid. I'll remove it until I can implement support for the now working feature.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.10.0pre2 released

Post by Artentus »

Changelog:
  • Added support for now functioning native feature of multiple mod versions in Factorio 0.17.9.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause Factorio 0.16 and older to crash when having multiple versions of one mod installed.
Please note this release is not compatible with Factorio versions 0.17.0 to 0.17.8.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.10.0 released

Post by Artentus »

Full Changelog over 1.9.0:
  • Added support for multiple versions of the same mod (Factorio 0.16).
  • Added support for the new native multi-version feature for mods in Factorio 0.17.
  • Added option to lock modpacks.
  • Added support for mod thumbnails.
  • Added sorting options to online mod list.
  • Added changelog to About section.
  • Fixed crash when selecting certain online mods.
  • Fixed rare crash when adding Steam installation.
  • Fixed visual bug in expanded list items.
  • Improved mod filtering performance.
  • Improved performance of web requests.

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

It' s freeze when I add steam version. Vesion MMF 1.10 http://prntscr.com/mz5dju. How to turn on debug or something else to find out why this is happening.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

I can't reproduce this on a fresh install.
Make sure you have write permissions wherever Factorio is installed as well as in the location you have set in your settings. Run MMF as administrator if in doubt.
A slow harddrive or a lot of (large) savegames can potentially make this take a while as well.

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

I found what the problem was. MMF was looking for something in the catalog from the old version of factorio. And there instead of directories were links. The program got stuck and went crazy. Removing the old directory helped. But there are still bugs that disturb.

The program does not read the file "mod-list.json". I come across a situation when there are modifications in factorio enabled, but MMF does not display them. Or when the MMF displays that everything is disabled, but inside the game I find the enabled modifications.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Links shouldn't be a problem, ModMyFactory is generating them itself. They only cause problems if they result in an infinite directory loop.
To avoid having MMF generate loops read the Wiki on how to choose locations: https://github.com/Artentus/ModMyFactor ... o-location

The mod-list.json file is being read by MMF. The problems of mods in MMF and Factorio differing sounds more like a corrupted configuration to me.
I recommend you try clean installing MMF following the Wiki: https://github.com/Artentus/ModMyFactor ... ng-Started
Make sure you remove all traces of MMF beforehand including the configuration files in %appdata% and the links created for the Factorio Steam installation.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ModMyFactory 1.10.1 released

Post by Artentus »

Changelog:
  • Added a setting for activating newly installed mods.
  • Restructured settings window.

LION42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LION42 »

Hi,
your mod sounds amazing, but eighter i'm blind or the option to change the mode of ModMyFactory.
https://imgur.com/a/V9cIBl1

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Parts of the wiki are outdated right now because I'm faster at developing than documenting. I will gradually update the wiki when I find the time.

Manager mode option has been removed in 1.10 because it is no longer necessary. MMF now supports having multiple versions of one mod installed, even for Factorio 0.16 and older.

LION42
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LION42 »

Hi,
i found a bug i think, so if one of the upper folders is minimized you can't drag and drop any mods from the lower ones.

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Confirmed, I'll take a look at it when I have time.

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

Hi. I downloaded a new portable version. When adding a Steam version of the game, the program again freezes. I attached a log of what the program does when it hangs.
Attachments
Logfile.7z
(178.23 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

ncnecros
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ncnecros »

and still there is a problem with recognizing the mod-list.json file. I made a little gif with a problem.
prints.gif
prints.gif (4.01 MiB) Viewed 5365 times

Artentus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Artentus »

Alright so the freeze is actually caused by a really stupid bug. :D
You already have both "Factorio-old" and "Factorio-old-1" directories inside your AppData and MMF fails to count forward because I forgot a ++ in the code. Remove either one or both of those directories from there by deleting, moving or renaming and it'll work for the time being.

Return to “Mod and installation managers”