pY Industry - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Industry - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

trains are SO MUCH work....i dunno...maybe it will come. But for now, im focused on pyPH
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

aklesey1 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:34 pm
Hey pyanodon
I know u drawing very stylish things and buildings and machines
What do u think can u draw new design for trains and wagons in ur PY-style?
Arch666Angel did amazing trains and wagon in futuristic style, may be u can do something too ;)
if you want a train mod i made one but graphics are bad i made the costs dependable on mods used

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Is the research required for logistic warehouses little crazy, considering you reduced the research requirements for logistic chests? It takes a megabase to get to production science, I can't imagine going back in afterwards and improving things with logistic warehouses at that point.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TwentyEighty wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:25 pm
Is the research required for logistic warehouses little crazy, considering you reduced the research requirements for logistic chests? It takes a megabase to get to production science, I can't imagine going back in afterwards and improving things with logistic warehouses at that point.
well i see logistics of that scale usefull only in megabases
regarding science science 3 is the hardest science leap from the prev lvl
i also can only imagine them beeing used to unload/load trains for other purposes normal chests are fine

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Yeah that's exactly what I want to use them for, multi material train stations

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

TwentyEighty wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:28 am
Yeah that's exactly what I want to use them for, multi material train stations
unload in warehouses then use filter inserters to unload in logistick chests

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I noticed that some storage tanks require Duralumin and some do not.

I found this post on page 5 from December discussing this issue: viewtopic.php?t=54151&start=80#p390300

The balance is now much better of course, but shouldn't all of them require Duralumin? It's probably because bigger tanks use lower tanks as an input, and one 'chain' starts with Duralumin (the vanilla storage tank at least does) and the other does not. Can't check the exact values right now, not at my PC.

Playing with PyRO btw.

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

3k tank for life. 3 of them line up so nicely with fluid wagons and store enough for 3.5 trains to go through. If only they could connect on all sides. The 7k tank is a lie, it's shaped like a wagon but you can't get fluid out of the side of it

Likos
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Likos »

Mr. Pyanodon, please give concrete walls fire immunity :-D
This walls useless with flamethrower turrets :-)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Likos wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm
ohhh ok!
pY Coal processing mod

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:35 pm
Likos wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:15 pm
ohhh ok!
py since you are into walls now why not make the iron walls of Isengard !

Cardoyle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cardoyle »

Hi does anyone know how the burner is supposed to function with mixed inputs. I thought it would just pick up practically anything in front of it. It works fine with only one item on the belt the problem is with more than one.

Say there is 10 iron plates on the belt and then 10 copper plates, it would burn the iron plates without a problem and then wait around 1 minute before deciding to burn the copper plates. Now here is the weird part, while in that one minute waiting time, if any interaction is done with the belt the copper plates are on it starts up again straight away. This can be be stuff like adding/deleting a belt or if anymore items were added to the belt, it's as tho it refreshes the smelter.

For now i just filter the items going to the smelters into seperate things so they work continuously

Thanks

Arfarazon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Arfarazon »

Cardoyle wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:37 am
Hi does anyone know how the burner is supposed to function with mixed inputs. I thought it would just pick up practically anything in front of it. It works fine with only one item on the belt the problem is with more than one.

Say there is 10 iron plates on the belt and then 10 copper plates, it would burn the iron plates without a problem and then wait around 1 minute before deciding to burn the copper plates. Now here is the weird part, while in that one minute waiting time, if any interaction is done with the belt the copper plates are on it starts up again straight away. This can be be stuff like adding/deleting a belt or if anymore items were added to the belt, it's as tho it refreshes the smelter.

For now i just filter the items going to the smelters into seperate things so they work continuously

Thanks
i just make them this way = 1 requester chest which requests various trash i dont need > chest is unloaded onto belt, on both sides of the belt there are two rows of burners (24 in total to be exact) and just regular insters along the belt, the burners have 1 requester for fuel (coal dust) and one provider for resulting ash on the side opposite of the belt. this setup is replicated 5 times on my trash burner train station.
with this setup no matter the amount of trash i throw at it from incoming trains, eventually all gets burned down before new trains with trash come in, btw resulting ash is then processed into coal dust and i also have trash trains with incoming coal dust, that way i have plenty to fuel the burners. Leftover coal dust gets processed back to ash.

reapersms
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reapersms »

There is an issue with the void recipe creation that pops up from time to time. If the original item has an icon_size less than 32x32, adding the void icon on top will trigger load errors.

This usually comes up with invisible helper entities. I've been working around it by assigning a bogus fuel_value, but it would probably be cleaner if the void check also skipped items with a non standard icon_size, or checked the flags and ignored things that can't be picked up.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Alpha version for 0.17 released.
pY Coal processing mod

SounLee
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SounLee »

the only py mod i use at the moment and i get an error while loading with the new version.

Error in asignID, technology with name ´coal-processing-1´ does not exist.

Source: py-storage-tanks (technology)

btw. are the py logistik bots mk.1 gone? o.O

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

Hey, I found looking into it that tailings ponds cause ground sludge if they overfill.

Is there an in-game way to clean this up? If this was already answered I apologize.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

no :D
pY Coal processing mod

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by swift15431 »

pyanodon wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:29 am
no :D
pave over it i think

npuldon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by npuldon »

So I use the Pyindustry mod for vanilla+ game as well as during my PyMods playthrough because I like all the storage footprint options. Today I noticed that niobium pipes are in the pyindustry mod instead of coal processing (or one of the other optional Pymods that you can't use just in vanilla+).

Shouldn't niobium pipes be in another mod and not in Pyindustry? It doesn't make a lot of sense why they would be in this mod over the other ones available since you can use pyindustry outside of the Py Suite when niobium doesn't even exist.

A minor point but one I thought I would bring up.

Cheers

Return to “PyMods”