First of all, I'd like to express deep gratitude to Factorio dev team for their hard work and close monitoring of bugs and errors.
I've encountered a problem with performance after the 0.17.5 update.
Here is a briefing:
- I'm subscribed to beta content in Steam (0.17.x) and get updates automatically
- Since the release of 0.17.0, I haven't experienced any problems with the game until the 0.17.5 kicked off
- I'm playing on MacBook Pro 13", 8GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB
- There aren't any mods in my library
- The game doesn't show any error notification. I presume it believes it runs in a perfectly normal way (which is actually NOT the way considered to be normal, you stupid game!)
I did enjoy Factorio running 60 FPS on all high settings. After updating to 0.17.5 things went completely wrong. I started the game and noticed that loading took much longer than it usually did. Also, the interface (font size in the loading screen) was so small I was barely able to read it.
Immediately after the game loaded, I felt that the temperature in the room rose as my MacBook started working as a boiler for the steam engine. It went sweltering and set the fan speed to max which had never happened before with Factorio.
After I proceeded to the saved game, I noticed that the interface was tiny and the game was frustratingly freezing. I deployed 'debug bot F5', and it showed me that FPS dropped from stable and firm 60 FPS to average and unstable 35 FPS. Obviously, it made me mad, and I started troubleshooting campaign.
Actions to troubleshoot:
- tried to play with in-game settings (interface, graphics, other) - NO RESULT
tried to run the game in windowed mode - NO RESULT
tried to downgrade to 0.17.4 - the fps rate increased slightly (from 35 to 40), but the game is still lagging
tried to downgrade to 0.16.51 - the game runs smoothly, using the same graphics setting (all to high)
upgraded game to 0.17.6 - the game started to lag and freeze (35 fps)
started a new game - it takes slightly longer to generate the map, freezing and lagging persist
tried to force different graphics modes in Steam, such as --force-d3d and --force-OpenGL* - the game didn't even start
tried to verify the integrity of game files using Steam tools - NO RESULT
Here are the links to the logs (again, I'm not sure if these logs are useful anyhow. If they are not useful, could you please guide me where to find useful logs?)
Factorio 0.17.5 log
Factorio 0.17.4 log
Factorio 0.17.6 log
Here are also screenshots of what was going on:
I know you are all busy and there are many other *popular* bugs to fix, but I do believe that somebody will help me, as you always do. Thank you in advance!