[0.17] Please post bugs and balance issues here.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 0.17 released. Post bugs and balance feedback

Post by bobingabout »

fishycat wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:52 pm
Hi Bob, getting this error, not sure if it is on my end or yours:

Unbenannt.png

I have no problems with just base mod and my little mod, as soon as I add boblogistics this error comes up. I'm just changing the fast_replaceable_group
for splitters and underground-belts with the mod.

Here's a copy of it.

belt-legacy_0.0.6.zip
Looks like you've set the fast replace group for your vanilla belts as mandatory, but bob's belts as optional.

Part of 0.17 introduces the upgrade system. I added progression to include my belts. The error is complaining that the fast replace groups of express underground belt and turbo underground belt are different (Underground belt for express and transport belt for turbo)
Basically, what it's telling you to do is make sure you replace the fast-replace group of the entire chain. So don't make it effecting my belts optional, force it on them.

Personally, in this situation, I might decide to for in pairs all data.raw["underground-belt"] entities, and change the fast-replace group on all of them in the data-updates phase. same with splitter.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Somtuk
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Somtuk »

Unsure if this is a 0.17.1 bug, or a Bob's Ore bug, but here goes....

All mods are disabled except for the following:
- base
- Bob's Library
- Bob's Ores

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1) Enable Bauxite ore only in the Bob's Ore mod settings (** NOTE: This isn't a Bauxite only problem, it just makes it easier to spot)
2) Start a new game (I chose default map settings)
3) Enable preview
4) Set all ore frequencies to the minimum (17%)

Things to notice:
- Ore patches are ridiculously big

Increase the Frequency by 1 notch at a time and notice odd ore patch sizes. The variations seem rather inconsistent, but sometimes are radically different, event for just one notch up/down.

I originally found this with a bunch of mods installed, but trimmed it down to the 3 listed above in an attempt to track down the odd behaviour.

I hope this information is helpful. It's not an easy thing to explain.

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

bobingabout wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:57 pm
Thanks for your input, I appreciate it a lot! :)

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kirazy »

Low resolution sprites:

There's an alignment issue with the belt graphics. The issue is not present at high resolution.

Also, the underground basic belt is using the regular transport belt graphics:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kirazy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 am
Low resolution sprites:

There's an alignment issue with the belt graphics. The issue is not present at high resolution.

Not a game breaking issue, but an issue none the less, I'll take a look at it later.
I also have a Patreon.

Dialog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dialog »

If you set less frequency, size became like this.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Dialog wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:32 am
If you set less frequency, size became like this.
I'm fairly sure that's a base game change, it effects Iron and Copper too, not just my ores, just not as much.
I've tried to figure out these changes, but, the devs don't make it easy to figure out. Take a look at the file /data/base/prototypes/entity/demo-resource-autoplace.lua to see what I mean, if you can figure out what's going on, let me know and I'll update my resource autoplace appropriately.

But yes, this is a known issue with 0.16, as you turned up frequency, size went down, and as you turned it down, size went up. the devs solved the issue by adjusting autoplace, I just can't figure out how.
I also have a Patreon.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

bobingabout wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 pm
But yes, this is a known issue with 0.16, as you turned up frequency, size went down, and as you turned it down, size went up. the devs solved the issue by adjusting autoplace, I just can't figure out how.
I even think thats working as intended, given how the curve works.
High frequenzy has higher spikes, but they are narrower. It cuts the curve somewhere, and as its narrower, the "cut off area of that hill" is smaller, but it should appear more often.

I cant remember the post, might have been a FFF. The formula behind it has a name i also fail to remember.

Even with that in mind, i couldnt get any map thats somewhat decent looking.
Think we gotta wait for RSO, as it solved alot in 0.16.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

kirazy wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 am
Low resolution sprites:
Re: this thing.

I've looked into it. What I actually did when making the new belt graphics was edit the HR sprites then resize down for the normal sprites, the problem is that when I resize the large sprite sheet in my normal editing software, it doesn't align it properly, padding the top of the sheet by a pixel and squashing the rest of it to compensate.
I've just done it again in a different piece of software to get rid of the issue. I'm not going to release this yet, as it's not really a game breaking bug, but I will release it either when I do fix a game breaking bug, edit/add a feature, or just after sufficient time has passed with no other changes (Maybe a week or 2)
I also have a Patreon.

wizisi2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wizisi2k »

here's a problem with bob's modules and other mods that a friend found: possible bug. . I don't know if it is bob modules's that won't load or if it's in tandem with a few of these and haven't tried it myself so cannot replicate. He also assumes it affects inserts and logistics as well.

DanaScully
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DanaScully »

Not a bug, so slightly OT: Bob, the fact that you released updated versions for your mod package on the same day the vanilla update was out leaves me in awe. Thank you so much.
The Truth is out there

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

wizisi2k wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:55 pm
here's a problem with bob's modules and other mods that a friend found: possible bug. . I don't know if it is bob modules's that won't load or if it's in tandem with a few of these and haven't tried it myself so cannot replicate. He also assumes it affects inserts and logistics as well.
Some of my mods use the graphics file listed. it's a 1x1 transparent image designed to be used as a dummy where an entity is looking for graphics, but you don't want any to actually show.
In this case, the game is literally just listing every mod that uses that graphic, even though it's likely only one of them defining it as 32x32 when it isn't.
DanaScully wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:43 pm
Bob, the fact that you released updated versions for your mod package on the same day the vanilla update was out leaves me in awe. Thank you so much.
I have source access, that means I've had access to 0.17 source code for the entirety of it's development, so to actually play the game I need to compile it myself first. I've actually added features to the game myself, including the fluid energy source, and converting the reactor from burner to a dynamic energy source. These of course are only actually used for mods.

Anyway, my point is... I've actually been working on updating my mods for months, usually adapting to a change shortly after it was implemented. a far longer but much painless method of doing it.
I had to do some last minute tweaks, but my mods were effectively already finished by the time 0.17 was released.

though it's more of an 80% finished stage, because I still need to fix balance issues, and there's likely still bugs I don't know about. Also I have notes here saying "Check all technology prerequisites" and stuff like that. Anyone noticing prerequisites that don't make sense, EG, a technology requiring Logistics 3 instead of Logistic science pack, should be reported. I've already found a few myself since release.
I also have a Patreon.

JANIS1289
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JANIS1289 »

Hi Bob!

I have issue to locate mods in new game! All Bob's mods shoving in settings, but then I start new game only Clock, Inserters and Character Classes mods showing up, no other mods. (Do not have any error msg loading game) Running 0.17.x Latest I deleted all old mods and instaled all new ones, no change...

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tiny thing:
Should behemot worm have less hp then giant one?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:38 pm
Tiny thing:
Should behemot worm have less hp then giant one?
Well... probably not, but ye olde bob-behemoth worm no longer exists, behemoth worm is in the base game now, so...
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

JANIS1289 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 pm
Hi Bob!

I have issue to locate mods in new game! All Bob's mods shoving in settings, but then I start new game only Clock, Inserters and Character Classes mods showing up, no other mods. (Do not have any error msg loading game) Running 0.17.x Latest I deleted all old mods and installed all new ones, no change...
check the mods list in the mods page, if they're not loading, there may be a reason for it listed on there. Though those are the only 3 that add an icon on the top bar, everything else just adds items in the game.

Basically, I need more information before I can do anything.
I also have a Patreon.

JANIS1289
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JANIS1289 »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:00 am
JANIS1289 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 pm
Hi Bob!

I have issue to locate mods in new game! All Bob's mods shoving in settings, but then I start new game only Clock, Inserters and Character Classes mods showing up, no other mods. (Do not have any error msg loading game) Running 0.17.x Latest I deleted all old mods and installed all new ones, no change...
check the mods list in the mods page, if they're not loading, there may be a reason for it listed on there. Though those are the only 3 that add an icon on the top bar, everything else just adds items in the game.

Basically, I need more information before I can do anything.

All sorted, I was mistaken by Angel mods that adds additional tabs for items! And great job, can't wait for new stuff to test out from you!

Dkir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dkir »

The upgraded boilers are now worse than the default one due to the 100% efficiency change, and the higher tiers still retaining their 60-90% efficiency.
Pretty sure that`s not intended :3

igorhgf
Inserter
Inserter

Post by igorhgf »

I'm having issues since 0.17.3. The game is stuck in the loading screen at exactly 94% (loading sprites). I've gone throught all my mods and the only ones causing this issue is a few bob's mods ( logistic and ores, maybe others but i couldn't test all ).

Also everything in my computer slows down / freeze for about a second when the game reaches 94%.

Edit: bob's enemies cause this problem too.
Last edited by igorhgf on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowGlass
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShadowGlass »

Vanilla smelting recipe times have been changed from 3.5 to 3.2 to compensate for belt changes. It would be great if you could change your smelting recipes the same way, so the existing smelting setups would still work.

Return to “Bob's mods”