[0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker - a GUI for LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] LTN Tracker

Post by eduran »

maalice wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 pm
i have never posted a bug report before so i appologize if i have done this wrong.
Error message and detailed description of how to reproduce the issue. Your bug report is better than most :) Will be fixed in the next version.
eru wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:18 am
So, there is a part I want you to modify a bit with depot_tab.lua.
Ah yes, I forgot that when I redesigned the depot tab. I'll fix it with the next update. Let me know if you come across any other strings missing localization.

Edit: Both fixes are included in 0.8.6

ChrislyBear
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ChrislyBear »

Any chance to get this to work with 0.17?

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Yes, although I am currently very busy. Didn't even get to download or play 0.17, yet. I will have a look this afternoon. Depending on how many changes are needed a 0.17 compatible version will be out tonight or on the weekend.

Edit: 0.9.0 is out now and works with 0.17. Its functional, but looks somewhat worse than before. I'll adjust some of the optics soon.

Erythion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Erythion »

I got a crash on clicking the the main GUI button to close the GUI.
error log
New game, just spawned, testing whether things work, and... voila, a crash report for you.

oh, spoilers now don't collapse into buttons? gee
Last edited by Erythion on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyJoe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GrumpyJoe »

Erythion wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 am
oh, spoilers now don't collapse into buttons? gee
use equal sign

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Erythion wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:17 am
I got a crash on clicking the the main GUI button to close the GUI.
As far as I can tell, LTN Tracker only triggered an on_gui_closed event, which in itself is expected behavior if you close the UI. Somehow, Unit Control picked that event up and tried to do something in response. The actual error that caused the crash is this one:

Code: Select all

Error while running event Unit_Control::on_gui_closed (ID 84)
LuaGuiElement API call when LuaGuiElement was invalid.
I've reported it to Klonan. Unless he tells me otherwise, this is something he needs to fix in Unit Control.

bernd
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.16 / 0.17] LTN Tracker

Post by bernd »

I had a crash with LTN Tracker after using the new "Regenerate Terrain" mod. It crashes if there is an LTN element on the screen when "Regenerate Terrain" finishes or if one moves around shortly after it finished and some LTN element scrolls into the screen.

Error while running event LTN_Tracker::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:100: in function 'get_control_signals'
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:153: in function 'update_stops'
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:333: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:286>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function '__index'
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:100: in function 'get_control_signals'
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:153: in function 'update_stops'
__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:333: in function <__LTN_Tracker__/ltnt/data_processing.lua:286>

If "Regenerate Terrain" finishes and no LTN element is on the screen and one waits a little bit before moving around all works fine.

Morranr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Morranr »

Hello,

I am getting a crash whenever I click on the main button to open the GUI. Seems to be reproducible (each time I've tried to open it, it's crashed, even after waiting a while). Log snippet below, but I can send full logs, mods list, and/or save file if needed. Look forward to truly being able to use this, it looks like it will be great. :-)
Log Snippet

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Thanks for the reports, will look into them. As a general rule, posting the full .log file is always helpful. At the very least it tells me which mods you were using, their versions and the base game version.
Morranr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 am
I am getting a crash whenever I click on the main button to open the GUI. Seems to be reproducible (each time I've tried to open it, it's crashed, even after waiting a while).
Did you just enable LTN Tracker for the first time or did it work before? If it worked before, do you know what changed in the meantime?
Edit: This seems to be another instance of other mods messing with LTNT's UI. Workaround will be in 0.9.5. Ideally, I would figure out which mod is responsible and get the author to stop messing with my stuff :roll: So far, every time this was reported, people had so many mods that it was impossible to pinpoint the culprit.

bernd wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:32 pm
I had a crash with LTN Tracker after using the new "Regenerate Terrain" mod. It crashes if there is an LTN element on the screen when "Regenerate Terrain" finishes or if one moves around shortly after it finished and some LTN element scrolls into the screen.
Weird that it is only an issue when an LTN stop is on screen. No idea how that could affect anything. I will have to look into what Regenerate Terrain does.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

My guess on how "Regenerate Terrain" could mess with LTN(T):
It only checks collision boxes to see where to place landfill in case water spawns at that position.
If an LTN stop happens to be on a new water tile this fails since some entities of LTN stops don't have normal collisions, resulting in regenerate terrain to place water and remove these entities without fireing an event...
Next time LTN(T) tries to access these entities they are invalid. :x

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

That's probably it. The main stop entity is valid, while the lamp input is not. I could add a check for that case, but it makes a very-often used part of code slightly slower for everyone, just to catch one weird edge case. Also, I don't see how having LTN stops on screen or nor could make a difference.

Morranr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Morranr »

eduran wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:03 am
Did you just enable LTN Tracker for the first time or did it work before? If it worked before, do you know what changed in the meantime?
Edit: This seems to be another instance of other mods messing with LTNT's UI. Workaround will be in 0.9.5. Ideally, I would figure out which mod is responsible and get the author to stop messing with my stuff :roll: So far, every time this was reported, people had so many mods that it was impossible to pinpoint the culprit.
I've had it installed for a while, but hadn't tried to access it because I just recently started setting up LTN stuff. I do also have quite a few mods, but I'm going to try to narrow down what it might be.

(Half hour later...)

Well after systematically halving the mods I had enabled until it was down to a handful, and it was still happening... I thought that seemed unlikely, and disabled the rest (obviously everything except LTN and LTNT) and well... it still crashes when trying to open the GUI. Full log below, and save file available if needed.
Full Log
Last edited by Morranr on Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Morranr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:30 pm
Well after systematically halving the mods...
Thank you for your effort, but I could have saved you the trouble. Once a mod has deleted LTNT's UI elements, disabling that mod does not restore them. And since LTNT does not monitor the UI while it is closed, the missing UI is not noticed until you try to open it. Makes figuring out which mod is causing the issue pretty hard. Were you using FNEI by any chance?

As a quick fix, you could try to disable/enable LTNT or change the window-height setting. Either one should force the UI to be rebuilt from scratch.

Morranr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Morranr »

Ah, well that's unfortunate. I'll see if it's possible to easily replicate after forcing a rebuild of the UI as you mentioned, and if so... back to more narrowing down.
eduran wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:54 pm
Were you using FNEI by any chance?
Nope, I use What is it really used for? instead.

...Well I tried disable and reenabling LTNT to get it to work again, then added back in what I think is all the mods I have that have any UI elements (seems unlikely a mod that doesn't have a UI would be doing anything to anyone else's UI either...) but after opening and playing with all those other mods' UI's, LTNT's is still working. So I guess it's not going to be easy to reproduce in order to narrow it down. Well, at least I know how to get it to rebuild when needed.

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

There goes my most likely candidate :D

With 0.9.5 it should no longer be necessary to rebuild manually, as I will add some additional checks to catch this case.

Gullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gullyn »

First, thank you for this mod. It's very helpful to diagnose LTN issues.

I wanted to point out a couple of minor issues I have with the UI. As you can see in the following capture, my station names are being cut off. Unfortunately I have multiple stations called "[LTN] Fluids - Petr..." ("[LTN] Fluids - Petroleum > Solid Fuel" for example). Could a tooltip be displayed when hovering over the station names?

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.07.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.07.11 AM.png (27.09 KiB) Viewed 5069 times

Another issue I have is when the UI scale is set to Automatic (125%), the headings are offset as you can see below. It was confusing at first - until I set my UI scale to 100% and everything lined up.

Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.15.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-03-17 at 11.15.16 AM.png (121.27 KiB) Viewed 5069 times

Thanks

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Gullyn wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm
Could a tooltip be displayed when hovering over the station names?
Good idea and also easy enough to implement. That should make it into the next release.

Gullyn wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:21 pm
Another issue I have is when the UI scale is set to Automatic (125%), the headings are offset as you can see below. It was confusing at first - until I set my UI scale to 100% and everything lined up.
Uh, that sucks. I never noticed because my UI is always set to 100%. The best I can do about this is complain at wube and hope for a fix from their side.
Edit: Did some testing. Not sure why some elements scale and others don't. But I found a workaround: change to whichever scale you want to use -> change LTNT window height (per-player mod settings, just one pixel is enough). After that the UI is back to what it should be. I'll see if I can find a more permanent solution.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hi. Nice mod.

When you press the GUI Button before anything is researched you got this:
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 23.22.15.png
Screenshot 2019-03-17 at 23.22.15.png (348.15 KiB) Viewed 5049 times
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

eduran
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by eduran »

Most of the bugs reported here should now be fixed. UI scaling won't work properly until fixed in some way by wube. In the meantime, you can resort to:
eduran wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:00 pm
change to whichever scale you want to use -> change LTNT window height (per-player mod settings, just one pixel is enough). After that the UI is back to what it should be.
Not ideal, but at least it makes the UI usable for any scale setting.

Tooltips for long station names in the alert tab are also in 0.9.5.

axxiz144
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN Crashing the map/trigger unknown

Post by axxiz144 »

LTN Version: 1.10.4
Factorio Version: 17.16

I'm not entirely sure what's causing the crash. After looking around at my trains, I notices that I had a train sitting at a requester stop just sitting there, empty as it has already unloaded the requested cargo. Whenever I tried to clear the schedule, the map crashed. When I tried to move the train to manual, the map crashed. If I waited, it crashed. The only workaround was to remove the stop entirely. About 5 minutes later, it crashed again. It's 1:30 am, so that's where I left it.

I've attached a screen shot of the crash message as well as the relevant log file. Hope this is descriptive enough!

Thanks for this mod! I love it :)
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(59.35 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
ltn error.PNG
ltn error.PNG (160.87 KiB) Viewed 4985 times

Return to “Logistic Train Network”