[MOD 0.13] Water Well - pump water from the underground

Topics and discussion about specific mods
ross
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29+] Water Well

Post by ross »

binbinhfr wrote:
And the other reason why I want to add this limitation feature is Factorio's logic : nothing is supposed to be free :D
Water is already free in vanilla, and doesn't even require fuel or power. Have the devs said that nothing is supposed to be free in Factorio?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.29+] Water Well

Post by binbinhfr »

ross wrote: Water is already free in vanilla, and doesn't even require fuel or power. Have the devs said that nothing is supposed to be free in Factorio?
Don't worry, the water from my well is free.
And if you read the whole post, you will see that I abandonned the idea of well depletion : so this well is infinite, as long as you provide electrity. So this water is not totally free afterall ;-)
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Nokk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Water Well - pump water from the underground

Post by Nokk »

Any plans to get an official release out for 0.16? love the mod! i would hate to go without.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Nokk wrote:Any plans to get an official release out for 0.16? love the mod! i would hate to go without.
updated, tell me if everything is ok.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

binbinhfr wrote:
Nokk wrote:Any plans to get an official release out for 0.16? love the mod! i would hate to go without.
updated, tell me if everything is ok.
Would be nice if you updated the texture to high resolution since the pumpjack got high resolution this patch. If it's easier, a way to just disable your texture and use the default high resolution pumpjack texture would also be great.

Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Muppet9010 »

Not sure if this mod is still supported, but it can be problematic if your bases power is heavily taxed by laser turrets and so these stop pumping water, leading to power generation running out of water. There is no burner alternative for water pumping like with burner inserters for feeding boilers/nuclear reactors.

at present you have:

Code: Select all

energy_source.usage_priority = "secondary-input"
could this be set to be a primary-input so equal in power drain importance to laser turrets?

ByngerX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ByngerX »

Will this mod be updated for Patch 0.17?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

updated

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Sander_Bouwhuis »

binbinhfr
Yesssssssssssssssssss. thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!!

VikingSimon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by VikingSimon »

Curently this mod is not working for several of us, we are getting mods mismatch. waterwell is only on ser ver, waterwell is not on server

arides
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by arides »

I love this mod, but the values seem too strong.

What is does is it completely bypasses the water distribution issues by allowing the player to get water *anywhere*, instead of -say- using annoying long pipes or a train system. Grand. However it is strange that this auxiliary solution seems better than standard solutions in nearly every way.

TL;DR
Why does this pump output more water than a pump that takes water directly from a lake? Can it please have a drawback? (10 polution and a small power cost is not really a drawback)

P.S.: To those who use it for generators and want a certain throughput, you can always use.. 2 pumps.. don't really see this as a valid point for requesting a higher yield.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

arides wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am

What is does is it completely bypasses the water distribution issues by allowing the player to get water *anywhere*, instead of -say- using annoying long pipes or a train system. Grand. However it is strange that this auxiliary solution seems better than standard solutions in nearly every way.

TL;DR
Why does this pump output more water than a pump that takes water directly from a lake? Can it please have a drawback? (10 polution and a small power cost is not really a drawback)

P.S.: To those who use it for generators and want a certain throughput, you can always use.. 2 pumps.. don't really see this as a valid point for requesting a higher yield.
You can change it yourself fairly easily:
1. Unpack the waterwell mod (zip file)
2. Change the settings to your liking
3. Pack the files into waterwell mod again

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:00 pm
arides wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am

TL;DR

You can change it yourself fairly easily:
1. Unpack the waterwell mod (zip file)
2. Change the settings to your liking
3. Pack the files into waterwell mod again
You can omit step 3, no need for a mod to be a zip, it can be a (unpacked) directory.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Jürgen Erhard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:37 pm
You can omit step 3, no need for a mod to be a zip, it can be a (unpacked) directory.
I would advise against that. Putting all the files in a single zip keeps them together and makes exchanging them much easier. Also, it's better for fragmentation and keeps the MFT smaller (on NFTS... don't know the name for other file systems) .

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Sander_Bouwhuis wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 am
Jürgen Erhard wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:37 pm
I would advise against that. Putting all the files in a single zip keeps them together and makes exchanging them much easier. Also, it's better for fragmentation and keeps the MFT smaller (on NFTS... don't know the name for other file systems) .
If you just want to edit one file to change a single thing… I have a number of unpacked mods. I don't plan on sharing them. So… And MFT? Is this the 90s?

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

would love an update of this mod for 0.18 :)

After update and starting game, my whole power production crashed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FallenPaladin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FallenPaladin »

Ringkeeper wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:38 pm
would love an update of this mod for 0.18 :)

After update and starting game, my whole power production crashed :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HAHA, mine did too.
- Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

ImageImage

csnyder
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by csnyder »

I modified the info.json file to make it work with 0.18 on my machine, and that appears to be all that's needed for it to be compatible.

BrutusMaximus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BrutusMaximus »

I made the high resolution graphics so you can add it to the mod, remnants added, new icon as well, shadows were copied from Factorio data folder since there are no shadows of the water well while working.

I also improved the low resolution graphics so it doesn't look so saturated.

For the little connector that there is in the water well when you rotate it you can find it in ...\Factorio\data\base\graphics\entity\assembling-machine-2, the high resolution one for the high resolution pump.

Anyone can check at ...\Factorio\data\base\graphics\entity\pumpjack that only the proper locations changed color maintaining areas as in the little tube below the water pump.

Extra download links in case the attachment gets removed with time:

https://mega.nz/#!PbIBRSJb!iSTP057_lHJJ ... YZP5Mnrik4
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2pep8mhe ... s.zip/file

File hash:

File: Water Well - HR graphics.zip
MD5: 69af2e873447817dcd8652fb97c065cb
SHA-1: f2110c5a9fbcb29f886839436113aa19b643e735
SHA-256: 44770b60536c9a4fdec59f60f6772413b8850f470032b8e132cbf7181e427c34
Last edited by BrutusMaximus on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sander_Bouwhuis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Very nice!

I'm not sure how to apply the graphics though. Could you please provide a zip file with your 'modded mod' with everything in it that works out of the box?
This would also help people who don't know how to edit the info.json to get this mod to work on v0.18.

Finally, maybe you can take over the mod from BinBinhfr because I think (s)he stopped playing Factorio (not sure).
Last edited by Sander_Bouwhuis on Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods”