Version 0.17.1

Information about releases and roadmap.
avaspell
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.17.1

Post by avaspell »

Just as an FYI ( I'll re-download ), when clicking on the update with the updater, the update does NOT download, the game just restarts and asks me to re-download again.

Biker
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Biker »

avaspell wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 pm
Just as an FYI ( I'll re-download ), when clicking on the update with the updater, the update does NOT download, the game just restarts and asks me to re-download again.
See my earlier reply, is it the same error? I can choose not to update, and game loads to Main Menu. However, choosing to update results in error shown.

FumblerX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FumblerX »

Just loving this. Welcome all 0.17 users.

rholland65
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rholland65 »

When trying to save a game I get "File __base__/campaigns/beta/description.json not found (The system cannot find the path specified.)"

earlymodernperiod
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by earlymodernperiod »

Hey y'all,

First off, great work dev team :D . I've played for a couple of hours now and didn't have any major problems.

I do have one question though, regarding the new shortcut bar: most of the options are greyed out for me. All I can do is toggle and enable/disable alt-mode.

I started a new game, so is this a bug, or do the extra features get unlocked by tech?

PikePegasus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PikePegasus »

I opted into Steam beta (edit: windows), upon launching 0.17.1, I get a message:
Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for map gen preset "death-world": Diffusion ratio must be <= 0.25
When i press "Disable mods", nothing changes, on restart too.
Edit: I've figured it out, but now on my mac it doesn't start at all
Last edited by PikePegasus on Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

avaspell
Inserter
Inserter

Post by avaspell »

Biker wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:08 pm
avaspell wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 pm
See my earlier reply, is it the same error? I can choose not to update, and game loads to Main Menu. However, choosing to update results in error shown.
No, I get no screen-visible error at all, I didn't dig into the logs, if it happens on the next build I'll dig much further into it.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

So far mostly good. There are two big issues however:

1) you can't select a blueprint in a blueprint book anymore (new game without any blueprint research if that makes a difference). You used to be able to shift and scroll to select the active blueprint in a book. Now you can't. I can scroll to a blueprint while placing but then when I put the blueprint book back in my hotbar (press Q), the next time I pick up the blueprint book, it has the first blueprint selected. This is extremely annoying. The only workaround is to manually take out each blueprint I want to use from the books and use them individually thus defeating the purpose of the blueprint books.

2) there seems to be no way to re-take / update an existing blueprint without completely deleting it along with it's name and icons. With all the blueprint updates, it would be great to update a blueprint without and keep the old icons and name.

A side note: I can't place a deconstruction planner in my hotbar, it just disappears. Same with the upgrade planner. Likely this is because the research for automated construction isn't complete yet, but this should not limit you from placing them in your hotbar. Especially if you can keep your hotbar between different saves.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

factoriouzr wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:16 am

1) you can't select a blueprint in a blueprint book anymore (new game without any blueprint research if that makes a difference). You used to be able to shift and scroll to select the active blueprint in a book. Now you can't.
If accurate, that will be quite annoying -- shift scrolling through a blueprint book is something I do often.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

nuhll wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm
BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 pm
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:05 pm
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm
In a better world, Wube could use torrents, and save on bandwidth costs...
Or just Google drive. 8€/month unlimited space/bw.
I'm pretty sure it's only "unlimited" if you're not a heavy user...
They say its on their official page its unlimited if you have atleast 5 users which pay for 8€ a month. So in worst case around 45€ a month for unlimited space and bandwidth.

Currently you can just buy one account for 8€ a month and also get unlimited bw and space.

Currently at 8tb and steady getting more.. (there are ppl with over 100TB) so its definitly working 100%. Some say the soft limit is at 150TB, but even if that is true, that is probably far more then anyone of us ever needs... :mrgreen:
Ok, so, do you think - to take an extreme example - that if Netflix applied to that 8-45€/month plan to host their *entire* movie library there, for *all* their users to download, Google wouldn't mind ?

P.S.: Also, (over-)reliance on the GAFAM is bad...
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

nuke_it_from_orbit
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nuke_it_from_orbit »

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:51 pm
If i click the link, it starts downloading with 30kbs (srsly) and then it stops at som epoint, also, i cant use a download accelator (like jdownloader - wtf).

If they are struggling with download bandwidth, they should really host a torrent link.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:44 am
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:08 pm
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm
In a better world, Wube could use torrents, and save on bandwidth costs...
Or just Google drive. 8€/month unlimited space/bw.
I'm pretty sure it's only "unlimited" if you're not a heavy user...
They say its on their official page its unlimited if you have atleast 5 users which pay for 8€ a month. So in worst case around 45€ a month for unlimited space and bandwidth.

Currently you can just buy one account for 8€ a month and also get unlimited bw and space.

Currently at 8tb and steady getting more.. (there are ppl with over 100TB) so its definitly working 100%. Some say the soft limit is at 150TB, but even if that is true, that is probably far more then anyone of us ever needs... :mrgreen:
Ok, so, do you think - to take an extreme example - that if Netflix applied to that 8-45€/month plan to host their *entire* movie library there, for *all* their users to download, Google wouldn't mind ?

P.S.: Also, (over-)reliance on the GAFAM is bad...
Netflix is probably not even that much.

But yes, thats what google is selling, and if any provider is able to make it, then its google...?

There are even smaller companies (for more money tho) which adverts like that.

What is GAFAM?

cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cybersteel8 »

Netflix is probably not even that much.

But yes, thats what google is selling, and if any provider is able to make it, then its google...?

There are even smaller companies (for more money tho) which adverts like that.

What is GAFAM?
GAFAM is an acronym for the five most popular U.S. tech stocks: Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

cybersteel8 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am
GAFAM is an acronym for the five most popular U.S. tech stocks: Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft.
Huh, didn't know that one. Knew FANG -- Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Google
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

lordaeron1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lordaeron1 »

You guys are awesome, 0.17 is great... having fun :)

Cisz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cisz »

It's late and I have little time (so I could not read this thread).

So here is some probably redundant feedback on the tutorial campaign. :)

After using the crummy iron automation example, I dismantled it to transfer the objects to the copper field. Apparently I was meant to leave them standing, because the game advised me to place an inserter right where the iron belt used to be..

The arrows for "loader" look bad. (Known issue.)

The damaged reactor mouseoverr text is not displayed properly (full screen mode, 1.9k res). "Containing a li(..)" - a what battery?

The feeder is called a loader?

And the feeder keeps using up my copper, after it allready has the requested ammount. So it is possible for a player to run out of copper ore before finishing this task.

When researching, there is no indication the the game is paused, and the research screen needs to be closed for the research to start. I expect many confused people trying to find the button they need to press to start, only to be successful when they give up and leave the menu.

Pipette ("q") on water does not bring up the off shore pump (as I remember it beeing announced).

Compilatron is doing a good job - I allready hate them. I tried to wall in (with a wall) the little menace, and failed..

There is no brownout warning, noone tells the player to increase steam power generation. Took me a while to notice why everything was running so slow.
Last edited by Cisz on Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Cisz wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:50 am
The arrows for "loader" look bad. (Known issue I assume.)
Come on. It specifically tells you that there is still some placeholder art

Cisz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cisz »

Serenity wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:59 am
The arrows for "loader" look bad. (Known issue I assume.)
Come on. It specifically tells you that there is still some placeholder art
I assumed as much, but didn't spot that. Sorry for that.

nljr
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nljr »

I don't know if there's a feedback thread around somewhere, so I'll just leave this here: The new campaign is HARD. Really, really hard.

Specifically, I've launched many, many rockets, but I lost due to bugs invading from both sides in huge masses.
My wife has played with me through quite a few rocket launches. She's no master automater, but she can generally put things together. She got to approximately the same point in the campaign, but couldn't get anything connected because of constant biter attacks.

Suggestion: If the player is not doing well, detect that and back off a bit on the biters.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

And the feeder keeps using up my copper, after it allready has the requested ammount. So it is possible for a player to run out of copper ore before finishing this task.
Why would that be an issue ?
It gives the plates back to your inventory afterward.
I found that to be a nice touch !)
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Return to β€œReleases”