[MOD 0.16] Technology Market (buy technologies)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
totobest
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.16] Technology Market (buy technologies)

Post by totobest »

Infos
thumbnail.png
thumbnail.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 7102 times
Introduction
Description
Last edited by totobest on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.16] Technology Market (buy technologies)

Post by totobest »

reserved

iAtlas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iAtlas »

Getting this error when trying to load with this mod active. Have only this and Black Market.
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (16.72 KiB) Viewed 6913 times

GamingComet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GamingComet »

I got the same error. I unzipped the mod files, and that somehow fixed the issue. I don't know what causes it.

usafphoenix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by usafphoenix »

any update on if this mod, does require any modification to run or no? does it have to be unzipped? or is something else causing it?

edit 1: unzipping did enable it to load in vanilla, but crashes with angelspetrochem: "Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for technology prototype "rocket-silo_tm" (technology): Technology prerequisite: "angels-rocket-fuel" is registered more than once.

edit 2: when the mods below are enabled together, it crashes with the above error...
angel's[refining, smelting, petrochem], black market + unzipped Technology market, bob's mods[lib, ores, plates, revamp]

edit 3: specifically, bob's revamp is causing this behaviour between technology market and angel's petrochem.

edit 4: and can't simply add an optional dependency: "? TechnologyMarket" to info.json of bob's revamp because that "fix" creates a circular dependency centered around omnimatter science, so a different solution is required.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

Thanks for the feedback!

Loading the mod from the zip is fixed in 1.0.3.
It was a typo in the "require".

Code: Select all

-- File is stdlib/log/logger.lua
require("stdlib/log/Logger") -- Works when mod is unzipped. Fails when mod is zipped.
I'm looking at the issue with Bob's Tech Revamp and Angel's Petro now.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

usafphoenix wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 am
edit 1: unzipping did enable it to load in vanilla, but crashes with angelspetrochem: "Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for technology prototype "rocket-silo_tm" (technology): Technology prerequisite: "angels-rocket-fuel" is registered more than once.

edit 2: when the mods below are enabled together, it crashes with the above error...
angel's[refining, smelting, petrochem], black market + unzipped Technology market, bob's mods[lib, ores, plates, revamp]
Fixed in 1.0.4. Let me know!

iAtlas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by iAtlas »

When starting game with auto research mod, i'm getting this message in chat/console.

Error when running interface function market.get_credits:__BlackMarket__/control.lua:3079: attemp to index local 'force_mem' (a nil value) stack traceback:
__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:46: in function <__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:6> [C]: in function 'pcall' __TechnologyMarket__/stdlib/event/event.lua:71: in function <__TechnologyMarket__/stdlib/event/event.lua:65>
Also while using omnimatter mod if you don't use omniscience mod, you can see in attachement that there is no price for research, but instead some random science pack.
And when you click on it to research, getting this error in chat

__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:24: attempt to index local 'tech_bck' (a nil value)
Attachments
science.PNG
science.PNG (57.52 KiB) Viewed 6813 times

GamingComet
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GamingComet »

You should change the internal name of the mod to start with "z" or some other last-load-order character so it loads before all other mods load.

I'm saying this because any mods that alphabetically go after "technology" are unaffected by this mod and therefore still have their technologies require science packs.

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

GamingComet wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:05 pm
You should change the internal name of the mod to start with "z" or some other last-load-order character so it loads before all other mods load.

I'm saying this because any mods that alphabetically go after "technology" are unaffected by this mod and therefore still have their technologies require science packs.
I thought about changing the internal name of the mod to zTechnogyMarket or simply technology_market as "t" is after most characters. That is, "A" is before "t".
But then I remembered that neither the mods Reverse Factory nor Recycling Machines are using this trick. (ok it's ZRecycling).
The truth is I prefer to specify explicit optional dependencies to certain mods that are not working, and add a chance to include the costs in the default settings at the same time.

I might change my mind :)

totobest
Inserter
Inserter

Post by totobest »

iAtlas wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:16 pm
When starting game with auto research mod, i'm getting this message in chat/console.

Error when running interface function market.get_credits:__BlackMarket__/control.lua:3079: attemp to index local 'force_mem' (a nil value) stack traceback:
__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:46: in function <__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:6> [C]: in function 'pcall' __TechnologyMarket__/stdlib/event/event.lua:71: in function <__TechnologyMarket__/stdlib/event/event.lua:65>
Also while using omnimatter mod if you don't use omniscience mod, you can see in attachement that there is no price for research, but instead some random science pack.
And when you click on it to research, getting this error in chat

__TechnologyMarket__/control.lua:24: attempt to index local 'tech_bck' (a nil value)
All fixed ! (You need to update BlackMarket as well!)

Foreros
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Foreros »

You've changed labs for get "ucoins" instead of science packs, but how can you get the Ucoins from BlackMarket to use in labs?
I'm locked in doing researches for this.
Any help or indication on how use it?
I really like the idea of "Anything help you growing in knowledge", but with last change seems the game cannot be played at all.

p.s.: yes, I've installed the libmoney and stlib mods too, but...

Bear67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.17.62] Technology Market (buy technologies)

Post by Bear67 »

Can't load Mod. Ucoin defined twice. http://prntscr.com/oqrcgm

Damaskox
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Damaskox »

Foreros wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:17 am
You've changed labs for get "ucoins" instead of science packs, but how can you get the Ucoins from BlackMarket to use in labs?
I'm locked in doing researches for this.
Any help or indication on how use it?
I really like the idea of "Anything help you growing in knowledge", but with last change seems the game cannot be played at all.

p.s.: yes, I've installed the libmoney and stlib mods too, but...
This. I was wondering the same thing.
I can't get the buying chest yet, since it's behind research.

EDIT: It seems that after unlocking the first tech relating to Black market (first buying chest) you can use that new chest to buy coins.
I assume that before reaching this point you simply can't yet use this mod.

carterdbell
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by carterdbell »

I am reporting a bug to do with technology market. It has a couple conflicts regarding some technology mods for example, 30 science packs. Here is the error,
Failed to load mods: error while loading technology prototype 'automation'(technology): difficulty normal: ingredient with type item and name "ucion" is registered twice in the technology
Modifications: Base mod > Bob's logistics > ShingBobs tech updates > toto's Technology Market > MSP - 30 new science packs

Thank you for reading, I hope this error gets fixed soon

Return to “Mods”