Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.14

Post by Wacky444 »

Which lab accepts the gold science?

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Wacky444 wrote:Which lab accepts the gold science?
IIRC the alien lab along with science made from alien artefacts

Tony3D
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tony3D »

Trainwreck wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am
Sea block pack 0.2.14 has been released. Check first post for download link.
  • Update to latest Angel's mods. Includes migration script to spawn new bioprocessing puffer-nests and fish in existing saves.
  • Bugfix for Angel's bioprocessing alien artifact creation.
The new bioprocessing production chains are clearly still a work in progress, I don't know how balanced they are or even whether it's possible to craft all items.

On a different topic, anyone playing map which has been migrated from factorio 0.15 to 0.16 will need to explore a large distance to discover new chunks which have a chance of spawning gardens and trees. Running a mod like DeleteEmptyChunks can allow nearby chunks to regenerate for easier access to those resources. I should have mentioned this months ago when 0.16 was released, but only recently realised the issue and solution.
The bioprocessing mod is a little different to other mods as it uses random chance rather than a guaranteed outcome.
You have to keep breeding puffing fish until you get about 5 extra of the particular puffing fish that you need. Circuits or use a priority splitter so that you keep a minimum level of them. You do end up with excess fish of types that you may not need and there is no way to dispose of them - being bio matter I thought that unwanted fish might be made into compost. So a silo or chest seems to be the only current alternative. There are some biter recopies that I have not constructed that require meat so possibly there is a use for the excess.

Obtaining the swamp, desert or temperate trees that are needed to construct the seed tree generators can be problematic in Sea Block. Head for blue dots on the map. Unless you are lucky or perhaps pre generate a map then you need to be able to travel and kill worms that will always be around the tree spawns. The random placement was frustrating as I still have not located a swamp tree on the current map. Seeds still have a random chance but once you have a small supply of the type that you want then there are other ways to grow more of the particular seed that you need without getting a selection of seeds.

The seed tree generators can take far less space to create wood products than the large algae farms but do keep some spare. There is a different recipe particular to the type of seed tree generator that produces less wood but can be used to make bio plastic, resin or rubber. Bio Rubber seems a bit redundant because it can be created using liquid resin.

I used to play Sea block last year and obtaining chrome and magnanese seem a lot harder than it used to be. Have not created this yet.

I have been occasionally hosting a 0.2.14 multiplayer map but it is not a headless server

After playing map for the first 8 science packs so far I feel that the fish mod took too long to breed enough puffers and really wasn't worth the effort (40 urea every 30 seconds with a 5% chance that you needed an extra new puffer to repeat recipe). The bio resin was also an anticlimax - finding 3 desert trees took time and on the highest recipe required 24 arboriums would produce about 4 pieces of rubber every 10-20 seconds. Possibly if you considered the use as a supplement to use up extra stockpiles of gas instead of using a flare stack. In hindsight it would have been a better use of time to develop resin 3 and science. Possibly just effort to setting up breeding initially and leaving fish to grow might have rewards later on - not 100% certain on that idea.

But I did find that growing trees was very effective using the seed generators for power production. The farming to produce vegetable oil/nutrient pulp was also quickly viable - but be prepared to allow for expansion as more seeds are produced or repeat a blueprint.
Last edited by Tony3D on Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

magnanese is easy, chrome is hard

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.16] Sea Block Pack 0.2.16

Post by Trainwreck »

Sea block pack 0.2.16 has been released. Check first post for download link.

Update 2018-9-16, version 0.2.16
  • Angel's bioprocessing now uses assembling machine for making all types of cellulose fiber and cellulose paste.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

@Trainwreck could you fix that bug? https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillP ... 000ab27eea

SpeedFreak1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpeedFreak1 »

Does anyone know if its possible to re-enable bobs raw modules in sea blocks? I tried editing the sea blocks config (A Sea Block Config_0.2.4) to change the bool value for 'bobmods-modules-enablerawproductivitymodules' to true, but i get other errors when starting the server..

12.201 Loading mod SpaceMod 0.3.12 (data-final-fixes.lua)
12.204 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:155: Technology speed-module-8 does not exist.
12.204 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:155: Technology effectivity-module-8 does not exist.
12.204 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:155: Technology productivity-module-8 does not exist.
12.204 Script @__boblibrary__/technology-functions.lua:155: Technology electric-energy-accumulators-4 does not exist.

Anyone have any ideas?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

you have to enable techs that are deactivated by seablocks.

SpeedFreak1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpeedFreak1 »

Hrm, maybe im blind.. im not seeing any options in the mod settings that would allow me to re-enable the tech specifically.
I've played with bobs mods before by itself and remember seeing options in the mod settings to enable/disable the tech. But with SB pack, im not seeing that option at all.

Does this need to be enabled in the mod-settings.dat, or is it something that needs changing in one of the SB mod files?

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

You have to go into the guts of seablocks for that no options. I think that may be in circuit processing.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

ukezi wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:47 am
You have to go into the guts of seablocks for that no options. I think that may be in circuit processing.
Afaik, CircuitProcessing mod changes the modules from 8 tiers to 4 tiers: mk0 - mk3.
It also dramatically increases costs of circuits. (BTW: i love it :))

It's probably a first step to remove CircuitProcessing mod. But i dont know, if seablock mod would work after that.
Then remove the nerfes, which are directly in seablock mod (if there are any left)
I also think, that seablock mod removes some of bobs and angels settings, but i might be wrong.

Trebor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Trebor »

I'm trying to install the dependencies for "Sea Block Pack", one of the dependencies is "Sea Block Config" but it has no version so Factorio will not install it.
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 7.22.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 7.22.03 PM.png (141.76 KiB) Viewed 6009 times

SpeedFreak1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpeedFreak1 »

All good, thanks for the help / info. I guess i will leave things as they are.
My base size is starting to get borderline stupid and was hoping to increase productivity without needing to expand too much more :) Im almost a month into this map and still haven't launched a rocket! No complaints though, its been a good challenge so far.

SpeedFreak1
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpeedFreak1 »

Trebor wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 pm
I'm trying to install the dependencies for "Sea Block Pack", one of the dependencies is "Sea Block Config" but it has no version so Factorio will not install it.
If you download the mod pack on page 1 of this thread, it will contain all the required deps / mods for seablocks.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Zavian »

SpeedFreak1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:37 am
Trebor wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 pm
If you download the mod pack on page 1 of this thread, it will contain all the required deps / mods for seablocks.
In general I also recommend sticking with the versions of mods in the modpack. Seablock makes a lot of changes, and sometimes updates to other mods can break Seablock unexpectedly.

minno
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by minno »

SpeedFreak1 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:15 am
All good, thanks for the help / info. I guess i will leave things as they are.
My base size is starting to get borderline stupid and was hoping to increase productivity without needing to expand too much more :) Im almost a month into this map and still haven't launched a rocket! No complaints though, its been a good challenge so far.
I made a mod that can help a bit with that: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/seablock-mining. Without launching a rocket you can't get the infinite parts of mining productivity, but you can still get around 30% more ore by researching the ones that don't need space science.

roax206
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by roax206 »

I realise the request is more relevant to the mod authors but the issue is in relation to this mod pack.

I feel a more realistic approach to pollution (namely what it is made off) would help this pack immensly.

as far as I know when carbon based fuels are burnt the pollution you get is usually mainly carbon dioxide or carbon monoxide (which further oxidizes in contact with air) along with gasses of any trace substances in the fuel.

in the game early fuel based power plants give miniscule returns due to the amount of fuel that is diverted for CO2 production and while you quickly get access to loads of carbon monoxide the conversion process available is almost pointless untill later on and in real life is only really intended for producing hydrogen for fuel cells which aren't even in the pack.

As mentioned a more realistic approach would be to add CO2, carbon monoxide or some form of pollutant gas as an output of a modded boiler or have a "pollution scrubbing" recipe in the air filter (the one used for getting nitrogen) and also have a recipe that uses oxygen to convert carbon monoxide to CO2 if not direct conversion (from oxygen in the air).

RemiFlan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RemiFlan »

I guess it is not exactly a Sea Block related question, but is there a way to automaticly destroy certain items similar to gas\liquid voids? Certain production lines (like chlorine from Electrolyser) have an additional item output, which can fill all your warehouses after a while.
no

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I guess there are mods for void chests. Or just shoot the warehouse.

But it also a nice challenge to use additional production lines to balance things. In angels, there are often different recipes for the same endproduct with different types of waste products, which are usefull in other production lines. But its also quite a headache :)

hewhoispale
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hewhoispale »

RemiFlan wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:05 am
I guess it is not exactly a Sea Block related question, but is there a way to automaticly destroy certain items similar to gas\liquid voids? Certain production lines (like chlorine from Electrolyser) have an additional item output, which can fill all your warehouses after a while.
Not without additional mods.
What seems to be the general Seablock design is for the player to "just throw it in a box for now" when you're getting started and figure out a process that will consume the item byproducts later when the box gets full. Pretty sure all those solid "waste" byproducts that need to be processed into something is part of the intent with Angels.

Return to “Mods”