[MOD 0.12.x] Science Overhaul Mod A.K.A Science Cost Tweaker

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Science Overhaul Mod A.K.A Science Cost Tweaker

Post by Bilka »

mexmer wrote:@bilka, @steinio

ok i did some research, and seems craft menu is affected by order/subgroup on recipe definition, while inventory and signals seems to be affected by order/subgroup on item definition

when i have some more time, i will reorder all items. since tbh. i don't like current order either, just was not bothered that much with it, to give it more than short look, but i can understand, that in combination with other mods, it might create quite big mess.
The issue is mostly that the science pack items themselves are in different subgroups which screws up the ordering of the techs in the tech screen. Give me a day or two to make a pull request and have a look at that first before you attempt anything please.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Bilka wrote:
mexmer wrote:@bilka, @steinio

ok i did some research, and seems craft menu is affected by order/subgroup on recipe definition, while inventory and signals seems to be affected by order/subgroup on item definition

when i have some more time, i will reorder all items. since tbh. i don't like current order either, just was not bothered that much with it, to give it more than short look, but i can understand, that in combination with other mods, it might create quite big mess.
The issue is mostly that the science pack items themselves are in different subgroups which screws up the ordering of the techs in the tech screen. Give me a day or two to make a pull request and have a look at that first before you attempt anything please.
science items are in subgroups by tier, this is intentional, and this will not be changed.

item definitions might go to single subgroup (for inventory sorting), but recipes will remain split into subgroups by tier, but i plan to reorder them into logical order (eg. science pack ingredient, followed by each subcomponent), current order is not correct.

i'm talking about this layout
it will stay, i will just do some item reordering

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yes I like this layout. It Just should be consistent over several mods and crafting to item menu.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

steinio wrote:Yes I like this layout. It Just should be consistent over several mods and crafting to item menu.
yes i think, there is problem with internal naming in order values, which is quite inconsistent over items, and even recipe and item prototype doesn't have same name. so i will rename most items, then will check order in vanilla and few supported mods.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

Pull request is done: https://github.com/mexmer/ScienceCostTweaker/pull/1 I recommend it for anybody who still thinks that order strings are magic :D
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Mods”