[Dominik][0.16.28] Loss of inventory slot filters

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Dominik][0.16.28] Loss of inventory slot filters

Post by eradicator »

Now of course it's awesome that we can filter inventory slots now (thank's for that again), but those slots have some "persistency issues":

a) If the inventory size is reduced, then all filters from the removed section of the inventory are lost, even if the size is increased again afterwards. This happens for example when you have the bottom row of your inventory filtered and then (accidentally) take off your armor for a second.

b) On death all slot filters are lost.

I realize that preserving the filters on an inventory that no longer exists would probably be annoying to implement. But so is re-setting filters when they're lost :D. So it would be nice if this could somehow be fixed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.28] Loss of inventory slot filters

Post by Rseding91 »

I fixed the filters not persisting through death. The other things I don't know on and will leave for one of the other devs to answer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Thanks =). Armor is lost on death too though, so that kinda coincides. Hope someone will have the time.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Ok let me look into the other part.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Dominik][0.16.28] Loss of inventory slot filters

Post by mrvn »

Would it make sense to link the filters to the armor? I could have 2 sets of armors with different filters. E.g. a weaker builder armor with lots of extra inventory slots and filters for tons of belts, inserters, ... And a stong fighter armor with few inventory slots filtered for weapons and ammo.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

The value of LuaControl.character_inventory_slots_bonus is also lost on death by the way, causing the same effect. (Tested via console)

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

mrvn wrote:Would it make sense to link the filters to the armor? I could have 2 sets of armors with different filters. E.g. a weaker builder armor with lots of extra inventory slots and filters for tons of belts, inserters, ... And a stong fighter armor with few inventory slots filtered for weapons and ammo.
I understand the use case you are talking about, but I don't see how would the filters help anything practically.
Technically it is not very simple because the armor does not have the inventory - it only alters the player inventory size.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

eradicator wrote:The value of LuaControl.character_inventory_slots_bonus is also lost on death by the way, causing the same effect. (Tested via console)
That's intended. All of the character-specific bonuses are erased on death. It's up to mods to restore them should they want to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

a) issue now solved.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Rseding91 wrote:
eradicator wrote:The value of LuaControl.character_inventory_slots_bonus is also lost on death by the way, causing the same effect. (Tested via console)
That's intended. All of the character-specific bonuses are erased on death. It's up to mods to restore them should they want to.
What i meant is: Even if a mod reinstated the slots_bonus in an on_player_respawned event, the filters would probably already be lost.
Dominik wrote:a) issue now solved.
Yay! Does that include the situation above? I'm guessing the filters are now stored per character?

someone1337
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by someone1337 »

Consider to make the player blueprintable or a way to export settings, including autotrash, requests and filters.

At least my filters are pretty the same on all games I play, so a way to easily copy the settings across savegames would be cool and would practically solve this problem.

ethernal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ethernal »

someone1337 wrote:Consider to make the player blueprintable or a way to export settings, including autotrash, requests and filters.

At least my filters are pretty the same on all games I play, so a way to easily copy the settings across savegames would be cool and would practically solve this problem.
This would allow to create "profiles" so we could save our filter settings as ex. builder, exterminator etc. and restore them via gui. ex. when I want to gather ore, plates etc and when I want to have all of that in autotrash. Would be seriously awesome.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

Feel free to add it to the suggestions forum topic. But honestly, even though I understand you, I think that only a handful of players are so advanced and deep that they would appreciate it and we still have a lot of work that can improve lives of nearly everyone.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”