Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.8.x] Blueprints V0.6.4 OBSOLETE

Post by drs9999 »

• Features:
    - Save your factory setups and paste them everywhere you want
    - Build Transport-Belt or Rail Bridges and travel over water
    - Automatically remove large forests or structures without lifting a finger
    - Create large miningsites alternative to miningdrills
    - Build mining-overseers and you will never notice a depleated ore-deposit too late
    - Create auto-refilling minefields
Screenshots:
The different markers and nanobots

The Copy-Mode

Paste-Mode

Clear-Mode

Overseer-UI and Left: Miningsite Right: Overseer

Minefield

How to use:
I made a video in which I will show you how you can use some of the features
( It was made with/for a older mod-version, so it will not cover every aspect, also the upgrade-mode is not part of the mod anymore)
http://youtu.be/jpekc8DchQg
(sorry for the low framerate, my pc is not the newest ;) )

Anyway it is pretty straight-forward, mark an area and select what you want to do.
The miningsites need nanobots to mine the ore, it depends on the size and the number of nanobots how fast they will mine
The minefield just needs landmines and the overseer needs nothing to work properly.
If you closed the overseer-UI, you can open it again by placing 2 utilitymarker and click on "show overseer"
If you want to remove a minefield you have to destroy (not mine) the edges, miningsites and -overseers work similar + miningsites will be removed automatically if the selected area is depleated and the inventories are empty. Overseers can be removed by clicking on the destroy button in the overseer-UI behind the overseer. If you click on the remove-button behind a miningsite in the UI, the miningsite is hidden in the UI, you can display it again by clicking on the add.. button

If you do not understand something or I forgot to mention something please ask!
  • Installation:
    - extract the *.zip and copy the Blueprints folder into the mods-folder in you factorio directory

Code: Select all

Changelog:
V0.6.4:
- compability-fix for Factorio 0.8.x
V0.6.3:
- small bugfixes
V0.6.2:
- bugfixes
V0.6.1:
- Bugfixes
- added miningoverseer
V0.6.0:
- (re)naming blueprints
- overlay for better visibility
- removed upgrademode
- added utilitymarker that combines the clear functions and the following functions
- added minefield feature ( automatically create/maintain a minefield, if supported with mines)
- added miningsite feature ( very slow way to mine ores/stone, but needs no electricity, needs at least 1 nanobot in the inv to work; speed can be increased by placing more nanobots in the inv)
V0.5.2:
- added ability to copy rails
V0.5.1:
- added functionality to clear markers to remove forests
V0.5:
- added clear and upgrade markers
-bugfixes
V0.4.1:
- bugfixes
V0.4:
- ported to Factorio 0.5.x
- nice UIs for saving and loading blueprints
- you are able to save up to 10 blueprints
V0.3:
- ported to factorio-version 0.4.1
V0.2:
- ported to game version 0.3.x
- complete workaround on how the mod works
V0.1:
- first release
And finally the Download:
Blueprints_0.6.3.zip
for Factorio 0.7.x
(32.76 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Blueprints_v0.6.4.zip
for Factorio 0.8.x
(32.77 KiB) Downloaded 515 times

If you encounter any bugs please report them! Also if you have any suggestions please tell me.

Happy playing!
Last edited by drs9999 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 am, edited 32 times in total.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD WIP 2.0.10] Blueprints!!!

Post by MF- »

I actually don't see the need for removing the bots from player's inventory.
Maybe only X% of them could break (and rest could be recharged/refuelled)?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Hmm... buts than its simple cheating then :D

My future plans ( after the next factorio update) are that you will need the same entities that should be copied in your inventory to be able to copy them.
So if you want to copy a setup that consist of 3 assembly machines, 2 inserters and a wooden chest . you need this 3 assembly machines, 2 inserters, 1 wooden chest + X nanobots. ( I am not sure about the X, but I like the idea to calculated by using the size of the setup)
So it only should save time, not resources...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Oh, right.. no easy way of removing stuff from your inventory....

For some reason I assumed that the bots won't built the copy from nothing+themselves, but use what you already have.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

So you mean cut+paste instead of copy+paste?

Its is also a nice idea, maybe with a second set of markers. One set for copy+paste one for cut+paste.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I actually meant what you said in your first reply - that the bots place the machinery you give to them.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

Maybe using X bots and each bot have a x% chances to break, and you receive some back

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

ficolas wrote:Maybe using X bots and each bot have a x% chances to break, and you receive some back
Yes, that's what I meant.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Ah got it.
I am thinking about a pop-up-message "You will need 100 Bots to finish this build" before you set the target area and something like "Only 80 Bots returned. 20 were stucked in walls" after finishing. And the number of bots that is needed depends on the size of the area and/or number of entities in the area.

btw in the first proof-of-concept-version of the mod all entites in the selected area were copied. So trees and ore deposits, too.
And it cloned the player. Killing my bad clone => game crash - Interception :D

Oh and while I am writing this. The game will probably crash when you try to copy creepers :D

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD WIP 0.2.10] Blueprints!!!

Post by rk84 »

Cool stuff. I have list of fixes/suggestions. :)

-Free pole placing. Pick min and max values of pole coords.
-Blue markes to work as copy function and mayby add red for paste. This would make possible to change blueprint without using or repeative usage of one print.
-Build queue for ontick to chew. Would be nice to look it go. :)
-exclude unit -type entity from copy.

-Inserters needs orientation.
-math.abs(glob.poles.area) for no negative nanobots.

Code: Select all

--Lines 134 and 135 (change 1 to i)

for i=1, glob.poles.count do
        glob.poles[1].destroy()
        table.remove(glob.poles,1)
      end
Also why does it lost blue print on save?
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]Fluid handling expansion
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express
Autofill: The torch has been pass to Nexela

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Thanks for testing it. This is really really useful!!
rk84 wrote:-Free pole placing. Pick min and max values of pole coords.
It dont like the idea of a hard-coded-limitation. If the user want to copy a ridiculous large area - he can, but he will need a ridiculous large number of nanobots for it as well. Thats why the number of nanobots will be /are calculated by using the area-size.
rk84 wrote:-Blue markes to work as copy function and mayby add red for paste. This would make possible to change blueprint without using or repeative usage of one print.
Im pretty sure that I will implement it like that in the next release. (+ maybe one marker for cutting out)
And dependent on when we will be able to programm own UIs I want to implement a small UI that pops up after selecting an area in that you are able to select copy or cut and can save this setup in 2-4 slots for later use.
rk84 wrote:-Build queue for ontick to chew. Would be nice to look it go. :)
I really dont know why I didnt think about that before... This is awesome!! Thanks for that I really have to try this out.
rk84 wrote:-exclude unit -type entity from copy.
Will be fixed in the next update.
rk84 wrote:-Inserters needs orientation.
Belts,too. But I dont know how. Ideas?
rk84 wrote:-math.abs(glob.poles.area) for no negative nanobots.
You got a negative number when you use it correctly (first-marker= topleft ; second=bottomright)?
Anyway it is also on the to-do list to change the "marker-placing", so it wont care which marker will be set first or if you place them topleft-bottomright or topright-bottomleft .
rk84 wrote:Also why does it lost blue print on save?
"Because of the onload function. But the function is needed when you want to replace a control.lua from a savegame."
Was my answer before I noticed that it is extremly stupid to define the tables into the oninit function :D
- Will be fixed in next update

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

drs9999 wrote:Thanks for testing it. This is really really useful!!
rk84 wrote:-Free pole placing. Pick min and max values of pole coords.
It dont like the idea of a hard-coded-limitation. If the user want to copy a ridiculous large area - he can, but he will need a ridiculous large number of nanobots for it as well. Thats why the number of nanobots will be /are calculated by using the area-size.
Sorry I wasn't clear enough about this. What I mean was after you get coords of two markers. Make the code pick min and max values of x and y -cood and place those in findentities -table. Exactly what you are planning to do.
drs9999 wrote:...Anyway it is also on the to-do list to change the "marker-placing", so it wont care which marker will be set first or if you place them topleft-bottomright or topright-bottomleft .
drs9999 wrote:
rk84 wrote:-Inserters needs orientation.
Belts,too. But I dont know how. Ideas?
ah yes. we need to make note for kovarex for getorientation()
Hard way would be to do some intelligent placing system, but direction of material flow would still be a question.
drs9999 wrote:
rk84 wrote:-math.abs(glob.poles.area) for no negative nanobots.
You got a negative number when you use it correctly (first-marker= topleft ; second=bottomright)?...
Yea It was faulty placement.
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

rk84 wrote:ah yes. we need to make note for kovarex for getorientation()
Hard way would be to do some intelligent placing system, but direction of material flow would still be a question.
Yes and we need an expansion to the createentity function then.
Maybe like game.createentity{ name, pos [,orientation]} where the orientation is optional.

And thanks for the min,max idea. I had a more compley idea. I hate it when the simplest and easiest solution dont come to my mind...

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

drs9999 wrote:
rk84 wrote:ah yes. we need to make note for kovarex for getorientation()
Yes and we need an expansion to the createentity function then.
Maybe like game.createentity{ name, pos [,orientation]} where the orientation is optional.

And thanks for the min,max idea. I had a more compley idea. I hate it when the simplest and easiest solution dont come to my mind...
I have not tested, but createentity should be exactly like that :D
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... eateentity
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

what about the possibility of making several blueprints at once? ideally it would cost X nanobots +each of the items in the area, and then it creates a "blueprint 1" item (possibly impossible)which could be made several times, then you could have a pre-made base in your pocket when you leave. i would say that if you follow this method then don't let the blueprint items stack.

i think that the nanobot cost per tile should increase exponentially too, so then the bigger the project the more costly the blueprint, so you end up with lost of cheap blueprints which fill your inventory heaps for little gain, OR a few really expensive ones which don't take up too much room, But by god you want to make sure that the big ones are really well designed

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Dakkanor wrote:what about the possibility of making several blueprints at once? ideally it would cost X nanobots +each of the items in the area, and then it creates a "blueprint 1" item (possibly impossible)which could be made several times, then you could have a pre-made base in your pocket when you leave. i would say that if you follow this method then don't let the blueprint items stack.
Yes this would be a cool idea, but I agree that it is possibly impossible (at the moment).
But I posted an idea how I want to try to solve that in a previous post:
drs9999 wrote:And dependent on when we will be able to programm own UIs I want to implement a small UI that pops up after selecting an area in that you are able to select copy or cut and can save this setup in 2-4 slots for later use.
Dakkanor wrote:i think that the nanobot cost per tile should increase exponentially too, so then the bigger the project the more costly the blueprint, so you end up with lost of cheap blueprints which fill your inventory heaps for little gain, OR a few really expensive ones which don't take up too much room, But by god you want to make sure that the big ones are really well designed
Yeah also good point. But I think this is just a matter of testing what will fit best an exponentially, potentially growth or something else how the number of needed nanobots increase.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

Just wondering since Ilnor was going to add this while he was streaming and couldn't find the download...have you removed it while waiting for the next update or has something else happened (like we totally somehow missed it while looking at the thread lol)?

also was reading through and saw:
drs9999 wrote:So it only should save time, not resources...
So, will it be possible for you to check the raw resources or will we actually have to craft them ourselves...Considering we are using nanobots that would almost seem counter-intuitive :)
And yes I understand that this would probably (almost definitely) mean more work on your part :D
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Hmm.. good point.
Nanobots are good for moving tiny pieces of things.
(Thus to move a furnace they have to take it apart and then put together anyway)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Yes I removed the download-link. I found too much problems, that made the mod totally useless in my opinion.
So and because I cant fix the problems in the actual game-version, I decided to delete the link.

But I will try to solve the issues in the next version.

rk84
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by rk84 »

I just noticed you might be able to figure orientation of inserters and miners with getdropposition()

Can't wait for next version :)
Test mode
Searching Flashlight
[WIP]PvP gamescript
[WIP]Rocket Express

Return to “Mods”