PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Touched by an Angel Compatibility Patch

Topics and discussion about specific mods
aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: PyCoalTBaA or the PyCoal Angels Patch

Post by aklesey1 »

Thanks kingarthur

Need some fixes with replacing methane gas to residual gas from angel's petrochem in recipes for sulfur and oil recipes - bcuz Angel's Petrochem was updated

Anhother question is - how to hide recipes for advanced foundry? They were pretty annoying! Why i'm they appears before i'm unlocking "coal processing 3" technology??? Its silly.... how to force them appear only after researching "coal processing 3" technology? More logical i think

Idea for balance between iron and copper consumption in aai industry - with these motors we must spent more iron then copper, and its strange that the yellow inserter don't need 1 circuit to craft, but in vanilla its need 1 circuit
So i think we can add this 1 circuit back to recipe for yellow inserter

Don't mean to sound whimsical but still I must admit that still have annoying issues with aai industries - getting coke on fist stages is some bcuz we can't craft pipes, can't even make simple iron pipe and i don't talk about copper pipes for destructive distillation column and about first circuits

Our solutions:
1) Add many iron and copper pipes to start
2) Add many circuits to start

3) Or ask author of aai industry to rework his mod for pycp - Earendel did too serious changes to vanilla, but his principle have hard collisions with pycp its too sad - we have to invent so-called crutches from start to create vision that the lone colonist crushed on planet to start making bright new future for mankind!!! :D
Last edited by aklesey1 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

My another question is how to adapt Ground Borer to extract 6 angel's raw ore using coal gas?
Step 1:
Remove recipes which allow to extract natural ores from bob's mods and pyfe mod
Step 2:
Add recipes which will allow to extract 6 angel's ores
Step 3:
Now all balanced to play with angel's ore, Enjoy ;)

Another ideas
1) Replace common water to purified water as end product in recipe with cleaning tailings water
2) Use purified water instead of common water in recipes for quenching tower
3) Use purified water instead of common water in recipe for boric acid

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

I haven't actually play or even really looked at what aai- industry had changed. im thinking i need to actually go thru and make some game-balance changes if its causing that many issues. if Earendel removed the circuit from the first inserter theres a reason for it. ill look into things before i just change it and possibly break something.
aklesey1 wrote:My another question is how to adapt Ground Borer to extract 6 angel's raw ore using coal gas?
Step 1:
Remove recipes which allow to extract natural ores from bob's mods and pyfe
Step 2:
Add recipes which will allow to extract 6 angel's ores
Step 3:
Now all balanced to play with angel's ore, Enjoy
thats as simple as just overriding the ground-bore recipes outputs. i hadnt changed it as i feel that for the work it takes to get them it makes a nice extra way to get bobs ores. ill look into making a setting toggle to switch it to giving angels ores

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

About petroleum and residual gases - i did that change by my hands right in angel's petrochem - thais file calls - "perochem-global-override"

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Awesome mod! I've been trying to play around with it. I got two remarks:

1: I probably miss something obvious, but coke is necessary for Fawogae Substrate and thus SP1, but coke is also locked behind Coal Processing 1 (the pycoal tech). Am I the only one with this issue?

2: On the AAI industries discussion. Since pyCoal SP1 is very complex and has a lot of prerequisite techs if AAI industry is on, it's probably easiest to introduce a Science Pack Zero or something like that. A SP which is like the vanilla SP1 or close to it, requiring only iron and copper. And replace the SP requirements of all AAI industry early techs with this Science Pack Zero, before reaching everything necessary for SP1 (pumps, pipes, early electricity, basic circuit boards, belts, etc.). That might be out of the scope for this mod, though. Still, it would be cool.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

So I'm trying to play with a little modpack, and whenever I install the PyCoal mods (including Fusion and Industry) with your mod and angels installed there's a crash to desktop. It doesn't even give me the option to disable the mods.

It creates a dump file and closes the game.

this is my mod list: https://snag.gy/xXZoqW.jpg

and this is the error: https://snag.gy/3ESrmG.jpg

it doesn't do it when the the PY mods are uninstalled.

I dunno what's causing it, but I figured you might have an idea, and I'll let Py know too.
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

I decided to take the initiative and implement my own idea. Here the mod on the mod portal:

AAI Industry Science pack 0:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/romtos/aai-industry-sp0

Edit: my first issue still remains of course (coke is necessary for Fawogae Substrate and thus SP1, but coke is also locked behind Coal Processing 1). Unless I make CP1 a SP0 tech.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

romtos wrote: 1: I probably miss something obvious, but coke is necessary for Fawogae Substrate and thus SP1, but coke is also locked behind Coal Processing 1 (the pycoal tech). Am I the only one with this issue?
You should be able to make coke in the destructive distillation column from coal. Which you need anyway for the coal gas to make glass

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

kingarthur wrote:
romtos wrote: 1: I probably miss something obvious, but coke is necessary for Fawogae Substrate and thus SP1, but coke is also locked behind Coal Processing 1 (the pycoal tech). Am I the only one with this issue?
You should be able to make coke in the destructive distillation column from coal. Which you need anyway for the coal gas to make glass
Hmmm you can make glass out of coal gas?
I really need to install and use NEI. I've been using tons of quartz for gas since the sand way seems really slow.

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

kingarthur wrote:
Yep, you're right. Thanks. :)

You can also make glass from sand, which is gained from the washer. So I didn't look into coal gas.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

orzelek wrote:
kingarthur wrote:
Hmmm you can make glass out of coal gas?
I really need to install and use NEI. I've been using tons of quartz for gas since the sand way seems really slow.
yes you can make it with sand crushed bobmonium and coal gas at start. and can unlock the first mech refining that gives the option to sort the bobmonium for tin and silicon. allowing you to use the slightly more efficient silicon glass recipe

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

romtos wrote:Awesome mod! I've been trying to play around with it. I got two remarks:
1: I probably miss something obvious, but coke is necessary for Fawogae Substrate and thus SP1, but coke is also locked behind Coal Processing 1 (the pycoal tech). Am I the only one with this issue?
2: On the AAI industries discussion. Since pyCoal SP1 is very complex and has a lot of prerequisite techs if AAI industry is on, it's probably easiest to introduce a Science Pack Zero or something like that. A SP which is like the vanilla SP1 or close to it, requiring only iron and copper. And replace the SP requirements of all AAI industry early techs with this Science Pack Zero, before reaching everything necessary for SP1 (pumps, pipes, early electricity, basic circuit boards, belts, etc.). That might be out of the scope for this mod, though. Still, it would be cool.
Tnaks! All works :)
U know its some sad that we have to invent all sorts of simplification and to resort to such conventions, although I must admit that the SP 0 looks logical :idea: , we might even think of a more laconic the icon for it 8-) ;)
aklesey1 wrote: Another ideas
1) Replace common water to purified water as end product in recipe with cleaning tailings water
2) Use purified water instead of common water in recipes for quenching tower
3) Use purified water instead of common water in recipe for boric acid
What do u think about these ideas people?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

romtos, ty for ur work, i tried ur mod 0.0.3 minutes ago... and I sit and think how to make it more compatible with omni-mods - 2 resources from PYFE now generating like when its generating with bob's - volcanic pipe and regolite mine

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

aklesey1 wrote:romtos, ty for ur work, i tried ur mod 0.0.3 minutes ago... and I sit and think how to make it more compatible with omni-mods - 2 resources from PYFE now generating like when its generating with bob's - volcanic pipe and regolite mine
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I also want to avoid taking kingarthur's thread off-topic.

Could you use the discussion page of my mod? https://mods.factorio.com/mods/romtos/a ... discussion

You can otherwise also find me on the Factorio Discord.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hey people, i think we need to reduce amount of sulfur which we can get from angel's recipes bcuz:

Amount of sulfur dioxide from sulfur:
1) In bob mods - 5 sulfur = 50 sulfur dioxide
2) In angel mods - 1 sulfur = 50 sulfur dioxide

I think amount of sulfur must be reduced by 5 times

PYCP is oriented on bob's recipe with 5 sulfur = 50 sulfur dioxide so with recipes from we getting excess of sulfur fro angel's recipes in angel's refining

I suggest to reduce amount of sulfur from:
1) Sulfuric waste water
2) Recipe with hydrogen sulfide
3) Recipe - sodium sulfate - 6 sodium sulfate = 4 sodium + 2 sulfur

How to write this overwriting script? We need boblirary mod or angel's functions?

adamcirillo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by adamcirillo »

don't you need all that sulphur for angels refining and mining infinite ores? maybe a better solution would be to increase the amount of sulphur that pycoal useses

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

adamcirillo wrote:don't you need all that sulphur for angels refining and mining infinite ores? maybe a better solution would be to increase the amount of sulphur that pycoal useses
There're 2 variants to choose but i want to respect pyanodon's work bcuz bob's mods is base for PYCP for first with his new science packs system and after that is angel's mods going
Pls read this
Amount of sulfur dioxide from sulfur:
1) In bob mods - 5 sulfur = 50 sulfur dioxide
2) In angel mods - 1 sulfur = 50 sulfur dioxide
Feel the difference?
sulfur gives push to the obtaining of sulfur dioxide and this in turn gives push to the production of sulfuric acid which plays a very important role in many processes:
1) Angel's slag processing
2) Angel's geode processing
3) Angel's cupric and ferrous processing - new in last version of angel's refining
4) Getting plastic from Petrochem Plus mod
5) Chrome smelting in angel's smelting

ElectroBot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ElectroBot »

Im running Factorio 0.16.7, have angelsrefining_0.9.4, pycoalprocessing_1.0.2, and PyCoalTBaA_0.0.7 and am getting this error:

Code: Select all

Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "sand from stone" (recipe): Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.sand from stone
Modifications: PyCoal Touched By an Angel › Angel's Refining › PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Mods to be disabled:
• PyCoalTBaA
• angelsrefining
• PyCoalTBaA
factorio-current.log https://pastebin.com/gF3Nz143

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

ElectroBot wrote:Im running Factorio 0.16.7, have angelsrefining_0.9.4, pycoalprocessing_1.0.2, and PyCoalTBaA_0.0.7 and am getting this error:

Code: Select all

Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while loading recipe prototype "sand from stone" (recipe): Key "icon_size" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.sand from stone
Modifications: PyCoal Touched By an Angel › Angel's Refining › PyCoal Touched By an Angel

Mods to be disabled:
• PyCoalTBaA
• angelsrefining
• PyCoalTBaA
factorio-current.log https://pastebin.com/gF3Nz143
alright im confused. i am not receiving the icon_size error on my end but it defiantly doesn't have an icon_size in the recipe so the error makes since.
ive added the missing info and uploaded a fix. update from the mod portal and let me know if any other issues appear

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Why getting syngas with coal gas is moved to fluids tab? May be bug?

Return to “Mods”