Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.15] Bullet Trails

Post by Earendel »

bullet-trails-2.png
bullet-trails-2.png (20.53 KiB) Viewed 13811 times
bullet-trails.png
bullet-trails.png (37.51 KiB) Viewed 13811 times
Title: Bullet Trails
Short Description: Adds bullet trails to machine gun type bullets. Works with gun turrets, guns, vehicle-mounted guns, and anything else that uses that type of ammo.
Name: bullet-trails
Factorio Version: 0.14
Mod State: Beta
Dependencies: Base
Author: Earendel
Downloads: Mod Portal
Licence: See below

Notice
If your mod creates machine-gun style ammo and you would like it to use a custom bullet trail effect I can add some more unused images to the bullet trails mod so that you mod can add it as a requirement and use the graphics. E.g: Purple bullet trails coming soon.

Coming Soon
Blue bullet trails (included but unused) designed for other mods advanced ammo.
Licence
Last edited by Earendel on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

katalex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Bullet Trails

Post by katalex »

You mod conflict with bobwarfare.
After install your mod.

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

katalex wrote:You mod conflict with bobwarfare.
After install your mod.
Thanks for reporting this. The mod has been updated to work with Bobs Warfare.

gear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gear »

Hi, I can't access to download from the portal, I dont know what is the problem :/ jaja I've already tried re downloading other mods, but this doesn't let me :cry:

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

gear wrote:Hi, I can't access to download from the portal, I dont know what is the problem :/ jaja I've already tried re downloading other mods, but this doesn't let me :cry:
I've checked and the download is working right now. There are two versions on the mod portal (v0.1.1 and v0.1.2), can you download either of them? There might have been a temporary issue with the mod portal.

gear
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gear »

Earendel wrote:
gear wrote:Hi, I can't access to download from the portal, I dont know what is the problem :/ jaja I've already tried re downloading other mods, but this doesn't let me :cry:
I've checked and the download is working right now. There are two versions on the mod portal (v0.1.1 and v0.1.2), can you download either of them? There might have been a temporary issue with the mod portal.
I already have it, I did not really know what the problem was, but whatever it is already solved, Thanks U ! :D

Alusares
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alusares »

i really like this mod, and have been using it for a long time now. grats on being the first of my usual mods to upgrade to 0.15 :D

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Green uranium trails coming soon :D

jackthesmack
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15] Bullet Trails

Post by jackthesmack »

Great mod! Keep up the good work.

Nightinggale
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nightinggale »

Failed to load mods: __bullet-trails__/data-updates.lua:3: attempt to index local 'ammo' (a nil value)
Something didn't go well with the newest update. I can't even start the game without disabling this mod :(

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Nightinggale wrote:
Failed to load mods: __bullet-trails__/data-updates.lua:3: attempt to index local 'ammo' (a nil value)
Something didn't go well with the newest update. I can't even start the game without disabling this mod :(
That should be fixed now.

CorBlimey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorBlimey »

ok, this mod is so simple (at least in terms of in-game complexity - i have no idea how much pain it caused you, hehe) yet has such a dramatic improvement to combat. I didn't think it would make that much difference but I can actually see my tank targeting spawners etc instead of just random sparks at the barrel, and greatly increased enjoyment as a result. And when I finally got uranium ammo.... oh yes.

It is also so vanilla in taste. I hope they add something like it so everyone can enjoy...

evilbrain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by evilbrain »

Trails disappeared after 0.15.22

CakeDog
Inserter
Inserter

Post by CakeDog »

evilbrain wrote:Trails disappeared after 0.15.22
Can confirm, bullet trails be gone in 0.15.22+. It appears to be due to this change:
- Fixed source_effects applying effects to the source by the target instead of to the source by the source. (49634)
As such, replacing all instances of source_effects in data-updates.lua with target_effects will fix the mod.

+++EDIT

After a closer look, the animation appears off, the line jumping, then drifting immediately after firing.
Turns out you set the animation's width as 5 and frame count as 6, but visually the width should be 7 and the count 5.

The effect is also playing backwards. (well, forwards but the sprites are upside down)
You can either add 'run_mode = "backwards"' or flip the sprites.

In somewhat related matters, the effect ISN'T played backwards by AAI programmable vehicles - because that mod reverses target/source either way (add a nice explosion effect to your laser tank cannon? it now appears ON THE TANK!)

Earendel
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Earendel »

Updated for Factorio 0.16

JD-Plays
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JD-Plays »

Heya Earendel I was just wondering if bullet trails was going to be updated to 0.18, as love this mod!
I also wanted to ask if you wouldnt mind putting a link to this video demonstrating the mod: https://youtu.be/ctQriSEGpIg

Return to “Mods”