List the mods in update

Place to post guides, observations, things related to modding that are not mods themselves.
Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

List the mods in update

Post by Airat9000 »

:D not work in 16.0
2017-12-14_0-30-00.png
2017-12-14_0-30-00.png (295.79 KiB) Viewed 3167 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: List the mods in update

Post by orzelek »

Please give modders at least a bit of time before asking for 10's of updates.
Or try upgrading them yourself after reading release notes about modding changes.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

orzelek wrote:Please give modders at least a bit of time before asking for 10's of updates.
Or try upgrading them yourself after reading release notes about modding changes.
I just put out a list of mods that in 16.0 versions do not work, so I noticed bugs in mods already
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png (22.08 KiB) Viewed 3161 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Airat9000 wrote:
orzelek wrote:Please give modders at least a bit of time before asking for 10's of updates.
I just put out a list of mods that in 16.0 versions do not work, so I noticed bugs in mods already
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png
I do realize that. And mod authors realize that too.
And since icon_size tag change makes most of them need the update to add it to everything. So give people time and don't report bugs that are not there (0.15 version is ok and updating version by hand doesn't create a bug - it needs update).

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

orzelek wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png
And since icon_size tag change makes most of them need the update to add it to everything. So give people time and don't report bugs that are not there (0.15 version is ok and updating version by hand doesn't create a bug - it needs update).
:) mod is not updated as well as a couple more mods, I myself updated, I would like to understand how to fix the error.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Airat9000 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png
:) mod is not updated as well as a couple more mods, I myself updated, I would like to understand how to fix the error.
With this update each definition that contains icon needs to have icon_size tag. So it needs to be added to every recipe, item, research etc. that don't have it. Actual size needs to be taken from icon defined in the prototype. It might be a lot of work for mods that have a lot stuff added.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

orzelek wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
orzelek wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
2017-12-14_0-35-06.png
With this update each definition that contains icon needs to have icon_size tag. So it needs to be added to every recipe, item, research etc. that don't have it. Actual size needs to be taken from icon defined in the prototype. It might be a lot of work for mods that have a lot stuff added.
example?

Code: Select all

{
	    type = "item",
	    name = "cp-solar-panel-m3",
	    icon = "__CompactPower__/graphics/icons/solar-panel-m3.png",
	    flags = {"goes-to-quickbar"},
	    subgroup = "energy",
	    order = "d[cp-solar-panel-m3]-a[cp-solar-panel-m3]",
	    place_result = "cp-solar-panel-m3",
	    stack_size = 50
	},

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Airat9000 wrote: example?

{
	    type = "item",
	    subgroup = "energy",
	    stack_size = 50,
            icon_size = 32,
	},
Added it above - main thing is to check if icon file is 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128 and put proper value in icon size.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:

{
	    type = "item",
	    subgroup = "energy",
	    stack_size = 50,
            icon_size = 32,
	},
Added it above - main thing is to check if icon file is 32x32, 64x64 or 128x128 and put proper value in icon size.
If it is an icon for an Entity, Recipe or Item, it WILL be 32x32 in 0.15 (and if it isn't, will already have the tag). Only Technology and the (crafting) category buttons are likely to already have an icon_size tag.

To note: I have looked at 3 mods so far. Library, Ores and Plates (MCI), Lots of adding icon_size tag, Library needed to add Icon size within it's functions to create resources and their items, it also needed to add a category = "resource" tag to the autoplace controls. The auto-bottle functions also needed icon_size adding too, and of course that only broke when trying to get Plates running, I'd already passed it off after getting just Library and Ores running, so I don't want to release anything until everything is working.

That is my progress on Bob's mods. It's a bad time to ask me to update, lots of things going on right now, otherwise I would have looked at doing more.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

bobingabout wrote:
orzelek wrote:

{
	    type = "item",
	    subgroup = "energy",
	    stack_size = 50,
            icon_size = 32,
	},
If it is an icon for an Entity, Recipe or Item, it WILL be 32x32 in 0.15 (and if it isn't, will already have the tag). Only Technology and the (crafting) category buttons are likely to already have an icon_size tag.

To note: I have looked at 3 mods so far. Library, Ores and Plates (MCI), Lots of adding icon_size tag, Library needed to add Icon size within it's functions to create resources and their items, it also needed to add a category = "resource" tag to the autoplace controls. The auto-bottle functions also needed icon_size adding too, and of course that only broke when trying to get Plates running, I'd already passed it off after getting just Library and Ores running, so I don't want to release anything until everything is working.

That is my progress on Bob's mods. It's a bad time to ask me to update, lots of things going on right now, otherwise I would have looked at doing more.
not work!
add to mod
Attachments
CompactPower_0.1.1.rar
(93.92 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Airat9000 wrote:
This mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/darkfrei/_IconSize can help you with error "Key icon_size not found in property tree at ROOT".

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

You can add bob's mods to the done list... except there may still be errors.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Modding discussion”