[1.0] Sea Block Pack 0.4.10

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.6

Post by Flux Faraday »

draziel wrote: That was a long game :/
Only 150 hours?? I'm already 50 hours into my game, and only have the T1 and T2 metals automated. And crappily at that. You must have had a plan :)

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

Found this via Zisteau -- it was just what I needed to get back into Factorio. Watched his first video, then went and got the mod pack. Took me about eight hours to get to the point where I was smelting iron and copper plates. LOL. I've never played Bob's or Angel's mods so this is all very new to me. I'm looking forward to several hundred hours of fun. Thanks.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Arakus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Arakus »

I too can't figure out how we are supposed to get naphtha for sciencetweaker blue science with coal cracking disabled????? Mod is broken at the moment with zero ability get Naphtha.
***Edit*** I'm not sure why NEI isn't showing the recipe but ADvanced Chemical plants have the Bergius process as mentioned by another user in this thread, my bad.

I will also second the change to the gold requirement for blue science, it's just absolutely onerous and ruins any sort of progression for hours.
Last edited by Arakus on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my Factorio Dytech 'Let's Play' : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uIb_GJQcmM

foxxxy_j
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxxxy_j »

So I ran into the issue where angelspetrochem was failed to load, yes this issue is committed in another forum topic, but the problem is, is that Angel stated to use Bob's Config mod to get this working.
Downloaded the mod , installed it , still didn't work since Bob's Config Mod works on version 0.14 and not 0.15... so you alter the version numbers in the files, in the mod port everything seems fine, and yet it still failes to load the mod.
Here is a link to the screenshot of the error, but i guess this error isn't new to this issue: https://gyazo.com/cbcc05a2e7f93388ca62d065254c6fad

Is there anybody out here who can send me a complete installation guide to get this working? I am playing this troughout steam (if this can alter any progress)

Kind regards, Joey.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

The first post doesn't list Bob's config in the required mods. So you should just download the pack from the first post and it should run.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

foxxxy_j
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxxxy_j »

Bilka wrote:The first post doesn't list Bob's config in the required mods. So you should just download the pack from the first post and it should run.
That doesn't work either , same error message.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

draziel wrote: That was a long game :/
Since there seems to be discussion/concern around the gold requirement for blue science packs it would be interesting to hear how you addressed the issue. If you completed in 150 hours it would seem you found a solution...
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khaim »

foxxxy_j, try this:
  • Delete all your mods.
  • Install the seablock modpack.
  • Try to start a game.
  • Assuming that works, re-install other mods one at a time.

foxxxy_j
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by foxxxy_j »

Khaim wrote:foxxxy_j, try this:
  • Delete all your mods.
  • Install the seablock modpack.
  • Try to start a game.
  • Assuming that works, re-install other mods one at a time.

Also tried , didnt work , i even reinstalled the game fresh , installed the mod, didnt work , installed all the mods it needs, didnt work, installed the bobs edit mod, didnt work.
So basicly ive tried everything that has been explained on this website and the other forums, yet it doesnt work.
I switched versions aswell ... didnt work either...

So... yea...

Khaim
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Khaim »

1. Make sure all your mods are enabled. It's possible some of them aren't active.

2. If that still doesn't work then you could try to get more information about what the specific problem is. Assuming your error is still in override-functions.lua:486, find that file in your mods folder (angelsrefining_0.8.1/prototyles/override-functions.lua, you might need to unzip the mod first). Edit it and add this "assert" check right above line 486:

Code: Select all

if tech.effects then
    for ek, effect in pairs(tech.effects) do
        assert(type(effect) != "number", "Bad effect value in tech " .. tech.name)
        if effect.type == "unlock-recipe" then
That won't fix anything but it should at least tell us what tech is messed up.

Trainwreck
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Trainwreck »

bobucles wrote:
That was a long game :/
Clearly the difficulty level is set too low. 8-)
Anyone who has the problem of too low difficulty is welcome to adjust the mod settings:
difficulty.png
difficulty.png (158.38 KiB) Viewed 10682 times
Seriously though, the ScienceCostTweaker 'uberwaffe' technology cost multiplier seems perfectly playable for an extended late game.
foxxxy_j wrote: Also tried , didnt work , i even reinstalled the game fresh , installed the mod, didnt work , installed all the mods it needs, didnt work, installed the bobs edit mod, didnt work.
So basicly ive tried everything that has been explained on this website and the other forums, yet it doesnt work.
I switched versions aswell ... didnt work either...

So... yea...
Let's try something different. Try installing my 'Sea Block Pack' mod. You should be able to find it in the in game mod browser. You'll also need to install all the dependencies. I don't know any way to get factorio to install mod dependencies automatically. so it will be a bit of clicking busywork to install each dependency.

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Suggestion: make the mudwater to landfill process more efficient.

Right now the most energy efficient way to get landfill is from dirtwater electrolysis. Dirtwater is approximately 3MJ/landfill vs 18.75 MJ for mudwater landfills, and more per building resource as well. This both lacks much in the way of sense and is poor gameplay. It makes far more sense to dredge for dirt rather than evaporate all water and build from dissolved minerals. And since washing has to be unlocked (quite a difficult process in the early game) there should be a reward for that unlock (at present it isn't useful for some time).

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Requia wrote:Suggestion: make the mudwater to landfill process more efficient.

Right now the most energy efficient way to get landfill is from dirtwater electrolysis. Dirtwater is approximately 3MJ/landfill vs 18.75 MJ for mudwater landfills, and more per building resource as well. This both lacks much in the way of sense and is poor gameplay. It makes far more sense to dredge for dirt rather than evaporate all water and build from dissolved minerals. And since washing has to be unlocked (quite a difficult process in the early game) there should be a reward for that unlock (at present it isn't useful for some time).
washing is great to create nodules for slag slurry. Much better than slag. Although i agree, that it seems strange, that mudwater processing yields less landfill.

Mycophilia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Mycophilia »

How do you do military research? I've made the science packs but I'm having a hard time finding a research lab that will take them as input.

rfvgyhn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.15] Sea Block Pack 0.1.5

Post by rfvgyhn »

Khaim wrote:
Trainwreck wrote:
Khaim wrote:Request: Can Seablock fix the blue science pack to use bronze instead of gold?
No plans to change this. Blue science requires both gold and silver(resin catalyst), the only way to get those from green science level is via the multiple-output chunk sorting recipes. The progression of [chunk sorting -> gold+silver -> blue science -> research better ways of making gold+silver] is interesting enough to keep.
There is a thousand-fold difference between the silver and gold requirements.
  • 1 silver ore -> 10 green catalyst -> 1000 Formaldehyde -> 50 Resin -> 100 Phenolic board -> 100 Circuit board -> 100 Electronic circuit board ~>>> 100 Blue Science
  • 1 gold ore -> 1 gold plate ~>>> 0.1 Blue Science
The silver required is so minimal that you can easily do it manually. One stack of Crotinnium Chunks gives you 16 silver, plus some leftovers than you can take care of by hand. Those 16 silver are enough for 10 blue techs (1600 blue-packs worth). That's plenty of time to set up a proper silver line. In contrast, 16 gold gets you one blue pack.
Just wanted to add that I think the gold requirements are too unbalanced as well. You need 10 mark 1 rubyte crystalizers to feed one blue science assembler. That's a lot more than any of the other ores. I think, at the very least, the gold required should be reduced.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Looking for EUROPEAN player to start new map in seablock + one extra mod squeak through because it is really needed here :D

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Flux Faraday »

Mycophilia wrote:How do you do military research? I've made the science packs but I'm having a hard time finding a research lab that will take them as input.
I had that question as well. The only way I've found is to research "Advanced Electronics" which gets you a "Full Spectrum Atomics Lab". There probably should be a lab that goes with the mil science pack, as the blue one is quite farther along. I took to building around the worms. Made for a weird looking base. :)

Ragoras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ragoras »

that's insane ... you have to make so many stuff to just research sniper turrets? :/ i think that's unbalanced

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Ragoras wrote:that's insane ... you have to make so many stuff to just research sniper turrets? :/ i think that's unbalanced
Those sniper turrets mk1 can outrange the worms (except behemoth). So, they are kind of OP imho.

jweather
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jweather »

Just wanted to say thank you for putting this together. I'm about 6 hours in, this is my second game with Bob's and first with Angel's, and I'm just blown away by the complexity required to do even the simplest things. I was getting a little frustrated until I figured out FNEI for exploring the new recipes, now I'm just having fun banging my head against the wall. Excellent work!

Return to “Mods”