[MOD 0.13] Time Tools (& Clock Combinator)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Time Tools (& Clock Combinator)

Post by binbinhfr »

Sedar wrote:Thank you for all yours excellent mods. And especially for this one! :D
you're welcome !

updated for 0.15
Last edited by binbinhfr on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

zakman
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zakman »

Any chance you could code in an "instant night" button for the next version of the mod?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

zakman wrote:Any chance you could code in an "instant night" button for the next version of the mod?
alas no, i'm not playing factorio or modding anymore...

rcraft
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rcraft »

FYI for anyone still reading this, 0.15.22 seems to break this mod on existing saves. The GUI loads successfully on a new game, but loading a game causes the GUI to be hidden.

Until / if they fix it, you can get it to show up by running this in the console:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call( "timetools", "on" )

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

binbinhfr wrote:Infos
  • Type: Mod
  • Name: TimeTools
  • Description: Adds a tiny time toolbar at the top of the UI, that displays an ingame clock, allows to switch from night-and-day mode to continuous daylight and to tweak game speed. Also adds a Clock Combinator item to have access to time/daylight/luminosity variables through the logistic network.
  • Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.13.0
  • Multiplayer compatible: tested on a headless server...
  • Locale: english, french, german
  • Tags: Time, Daylight, Game speed, Clock combinator
  • License: You are free to use and distribute this mod and also to modify it for personal use, but not to release a modified version without permission (unless visibly not maintained anymore).
  • Portal download : https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/TimeTools
timetools-screencopy7.jpg
Description
Download
For Factorio 0.13.X :
Please now use the portal for downloads (see link above or use ingame mod install/update), as I won't update both downloads links here anymore.

You can probably find some of these features in other separate mods, but I gather them into one simple mod with a tiny gui bar.

Thanks for GopherAtl and his Nixie Tubes mod that I use to display numbers in my last screenshot.

The classic display of the first screenshot is from my SmartDisplay mod.
I have a problem. This part is causing game crashes into Main Menu:

Code: Select all

local function on_gui_click(event)
	if event.element.name == "but_time" then
		if not global.surface.always_day then
			global.frozen = not global.frozen
			global.surface.freeze_daytime( global.frozen ) --THIS RIGHT HERE! "global.surface.freeze_daytime" is nowhere else defined what the hell it is.
			update_guis()
		end
You will find it in control.lua, line #295. I use 0.15.23 version of Factorio. I used Notepad++ for the opening of the .lua file.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

yes they change the way surface.freeze_daytime() function works. Now it's a boolean.
Please update to latest mod version.

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Durabys »

binbinhfr wrote:yes they change the way surface.freeze_daytime() function works. Now it's a boolean.
Please update to latest mod version.
Now THIS is what I call 'Real Time User Support'! :D 8-)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Tomik wrote:Now THIS is what I call 'Real Time User Support'! :D 8-)
Glad you appreciate it ! :-)

wvlad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wvlad »

Hi, I like this mod and I modified it (for personal use) but I'd like to share my ideas with you in case you think my changes are worth:

1. No cheating - can't switch day/night (I suggest you to add it as an option).
2. When I move and speed < 0.75 it's set to 0.75 temporarily until I stop.
3. Speed < 1 changed by +-0.1 (not by */2).
4. No clock.

If you (BinbinHfr) want to see my code changes let me now.

For me the game looks too fast and I want more time for planning but I don't want any cheat buttons to switch day/night. The #2 is very helpful so that I can setup my base like usually and the slowdown doesn't stop me from moving but the time is not wasted when I stop and think.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

wvlad wrote:Hi, I like this mod and I modified it (for personal use) but I'd like to share my ideas with you in case you think my changes are worth:

1. No cheating - can't switch day/night (I suggest you to add it as an option).
2. When I move and speed < 0.75 it's set to 0.75 temporarily until I stop.
3. Speed < 1 changed by +-0.1 (not by */2).
4. No clock.

If you (BinbinHfr) want to see my code changes let me now.

For me the game looks too fast and I want more time for planning but I don't want any cheat buttons to switch day/night. The #2 is very helpful so that I can setup my base like usually and the slowdown doesn't stop me from moving but the time is not wasted when I stop and think.
Hi there,
I understand the idea in the changes that you made, but I'm afraid I won't change my mod in this way. There are 1500 users that could be annoyed by such radical changes. You should write your own mod and call it "flexible time" or "elastic time" ;-) Have fun.

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

is it possible to (add if it is not already there) to increase speed up to 64x when crafting something manually and revert it back to normal (or previously set speed) when it is done? i haven't played factorio for years and , just came back and that was available for one of the mods which had not been update (also) for years... i am sad now :(

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

ares0027 wrote:is it possible to (add if it is not already there) to increase speed up to 64x when crafting something manually and revert it back to normal (or previously set speed) when it is done? i haven't played factorio for years and , just came back and that was available for one of the mods which had not been update (also) for years... i am sad now :(
yes, it's in the doc in page 1 of this thread :
With the three last buttons, you can tweak the game speed :
- click on "<" or ">" to decrease or increase game speed from /8 to x64.
- click on the game speed button to directly revert to x1 normal speed, or to switch instant to last memorized speed if you are already in normal speed.

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

binbinhfr wrote: yes, it's in the doc in page 1 of this thread :
With the three last buttons, you can tweak the game speed :
- click on "<" or ">" to decrease or increase game speed from /8 to x64.
- click on the game speed button to directly revert to x1 normal speed, or to switch instant to last memorized speed if you are already in normal speed.

i think i did not make myself cleaar, my bad. what i meant is in a way "addon itself clicks the increase button when i craft something manually and it reverts it back when crafting is done" so i don't have to click the button at all.

i jus came here to provide a workaround for people like me (who absolutely dont know **** about modding :D) i just created a autohotkey script the saves the mouse button, clicks the button you mentioned when i press the "h" button and simply returns mouse back to where it was. but the thing is it is not automated like i meant originally :( but it helps.

~h::
Process, Exist, factorio.exe
If (ErrorLevel != 0) ; If it is not running
{
Sleep, 200
MouseGetPos, StartX, StartY
Click 140, 17
MouseMove, StartX, StartY
}
return

P.S. If you remember the old mod TimeButtons it had a feature like this. you would set "crafting speed" and the second you craft something manually it would match the speed and returns it back. that is exactly the feature i was talking about. yet, thank you for this amazing mod :)h

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

ok, I understand what you mean now. :-)
I do not know this old TimeButtons mod, but alas, I'm not playing nor modding factorio anymore. From now on, I just make the minimum to adapt my mods to new factorio versions.

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

binbinhfr wrote:ok, I understand what you mean now. :-)
I do not know this old TimeButtons mod, but alas, I'm not playing nor modding factorio anymore. From now on, I just make the minimum to adapt my mods to new factorio versions.
i see, at least thank you for your fast reply, i am quite happy with the workaround i have but it would be more than amazing if the mod had this itself, or at least keybindings to change speed to maximum and revert. anyway i will still hope that one day you will return and add those features :D

Megouski
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Megouski »

Does this mod have a feature to:

1. Auto speed up to a set multiplier when I am crafting something then go back to the default multiplier?
2. Separate button for often used multiplier so I don't have to click from 2x to 64x and back constantly?
3. Or, similar to #2, have the functionality of the current button be when you click on it, it swaps back and forth to two set multipliers rather than 1 set multiplier and 1x.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Does this mod have a feature to:

1. Auto speed up to a set multiplier when I am crafting something then go back to the default multiplier?

No

2. Separate button for often used multiplier so I don't have to click from 2x to 64x and back constantly?

No

3. Or, similar to #2, have the functionality of the current button be when you click on it, it swaps back and forth to two set multipliers rather than 1 set multiplier and 1x.

No

:-)

_Markos_
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _Markos_ »

Would it be possible to create a keybind to speed up and speed down?

Fizzbin10
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fizzbin10 »

Thanks for the update for 0.16, sadly I get an error when loading the mod, it complains that a graphics file is missing (__base__/graphics/entity/combinator/activity-leds/combinator-led-constant-east.png).

I had a look in the directory and the file is there but has been renamed to constant-combinator-LED-E.png

Regards
Fizz

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

corrected

Return to “Mods”