pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by Airat9000 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:New topic? Not here? Ask moders to give u ur own forum branch 8-)

I asked several weeks ago...no reply. I think i need to show more work..enough expansions to worth my own subforum.
;) angels and bob modee who is time compartible?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Airat9000 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:New topic? Not here? Ask moders to give u ur own forum branch 8-)
I asked several weeks ago...no reply. I think i need to show more work..enough expansions to worth my own subforum.
Airat pls don't ask them about this, it is a sore subject for a conversation
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:
pyanodon wrote:
Airat pls don't ask them about this, it is a sore subject for a conversation
Np. I didnt understood hehe
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by aklesey1 »

His english is some broken - he asked about angel's mod's compatibility- that is when it will be

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:His english is some broken - he asked about angel's mod's compatibility- that is when it will be

I asked that before, but i will repeat last time: it wont be compatible with Angels mods. Will happens only if someone are able to do it with our support.
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi pyanodon, i have a quick question hopefully....

now that i have the 0.15x version of factorio to try, when would you say is a good time to start trying out this Coal Processing mod you kindly made?
i know that the mod, (and the base game) are always being updated, and changing, and extras being added all the time, but do you have gut feeling if this mod version (currently i think v0.3.4), is ready to play with most of what you intended, or is there a bit more in the back of your mind and its best to wait for something else to be balanced or added?

btw i thought about you and angel and bob + yuoki, as some of the huge modders, and i came up with an acronym of B.A.P.Y :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:hi pyanodon, i have a quick question hopefully....

now that i have the 0.15x version of factorio to try, when would you say is a good time to start trying out this Coal Processing mod you kindly made?
i know that the mod, (and the base game) are always being updated, and changing, and extras being added all the time, but do you have gut feeling if this mod version (currently i think v0.3.4), is ready to play with most of what you intended, or is there a bit more in the back of your mind and its best to wait for something else to be balanced or added?

btw i thought about you and angel and bob + yuoki, as some of the huge modders, and i came up with an acronym of B.A.P.Y :)

Haha thanks for playing. The actual version is ready to play my friend. But remember that mod isnt compatible with angels mods. Bobs and youki are ok. :)
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool thanks, i will update to the latest versions and try this with vanilla :)
plus maybe also with wear and tear mod that i need to test with my older base :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:His english is some broken - he asked about angel's mod's compatibility- that is when it will be

I asked that before, but i will repeat last time: it wont be compatible with Angels mods. Will happens only if someone are able to do it with our support.
Why's that Py, too much work? I might be interestd in doing a compatibility mod myself. Need to check out and see if I like your changes...

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

qwerter96 wrote:
Why's that Py, too much work? I might be interestd in doing a compatibility mod myself. Need to check out and see if I like your changes...
Yes...too much work my friend. Theres already an update file in the mod folders for angels if you wanna take a look. But for us, we would appreaciate your adaptation for sure. ;)
pY Coal processing mod

qwerter96
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by qwerter96 »

pyanodon wrote:
qwerter96 wrote:
Yes...too much work my friend. Theres already an update file in the mod folders for angels if you wanna take a look. But for us, we would appreaciate your adaptation for sure. ;)
Do you have a graphical representation of production flows/changes? All I saw was http://i.imgur.com/ls3FQ8G.jpg and I don't know if that's comprehensive. It looks doable if that's most of it...

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

qwerter96 wrote:Do you have a graphical representation of production flows/changes? All I saw was http://i.imgur.com/ls3FQ8G.jpg and I don't know if that's comprehensive. It looks doable if that's most of it...
unfortunatelly, i dont..there´s more than 150 recipes! would be insane make a chart that big. If you have any doubts, contact me here or by any messenger in my signature. The locale file have a list of all items and recipes.
pY Coal processing mod

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

cool mod :)
it took me a little bit to figure out that nothing was researchable until i unlocked the secrets of the mushrooms :) but nice indeed:

here is my screenshot for progress, about 4 hours in, and 5 hours in.
stone mining and brick cooking is slightly off screen to the south.

(i set the resources to be higher frequency, but lower size, just because i like having to set up mini-mining areas and move on as i expand) :)

Next step is for me to unlock the Riddle of Steel (by way of science pack 2) but i will get there :D
Attachments
my_start-4th_Hour-stone_or_brick_processing_below.png
my_start-4th_Hour-stone_or_brick_processing_below.png (2.26 MiB) Viewed 7370 times
my_start-5th_Hour-stone_or_brick_processing_below_offscreen.png
my_start-5th_Hour-stone_or_brick_processing_below_offscreen.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 7370 times

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw each image can be opened in a new tab and click-zoomed for more detail.

i actually forgot to install the mod at first, so i created a new map, saved it without doing hardly anything, and then installed the pycoal mod and carried on playing...
hopefully that wont affect thing later because some mods say if chunks of map are already explored, some features wont work?

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How i understand u foodfactorio
That's really awesome mod with interesting processing chains
it took me a little bit to figure out that nothing was researchable until i unlocked the secrets of the mushrooms :) but nice indeed:
Ahahahahaaaaa, secrets of mushrooms, which contains many raw coal :D our new home planet is wonderful place what i can say :? :)
Btw we are on the planet one useful and we should survive independently but that if together with us some more capsules where that in the remote places have landed and we will be able to establish with them relation and trade subsequently

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Hahahah you even grab some fish xD glad youre enjoying it my friend. Remember that the better fuel you use to make combustion mixture, better efficiency the turbines will work. ;)

For who is curious, theres other thread in this forum about the fusion energy progress ;)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Hey pyanodon. Really like what you guys are doing with the mod! Like many I'd like integration with Angel's, but I understand that's not going to happen yet. Still, would you consider making a few changes that would solve current conflicts so they can still be used next to each other?

1: Rename the ore-crusher to jaw-crusher or jaw-ore-crusher. Currently it conflicts directly with the ore-crusher of Angel's, getting inserted between the burner crusher and ore crusher mk2.

I changed it in the following files and it seems to work fine together:
crusher.lua
ore-crusher.lua
bob-updates.lua (though this doesn't seem to do anything, regardless of Angel's. There's some errors in the log)
locale.cfg

2: This one is less of an issue. A bunch of erroneous recipes show up under the "resource refining" tab of Angel's. They're either called "Something went wrong" or "Slag". They seem to be created by advanced-foundry-recipes.lua in the part "Make foundry recipes from smelting recipes with 1 ingredient.", but I don't know enough about what needs to be changed so these recipes don't get created. I do know they're generated from the Crushed Ore Sorting/Chunks Sorting/Crystals Sorting/Purified Sorting recipes or the Crystallizing to X & Y recipes from Angel's, also under "Resource Refining" tab. I'm also not sure why they end up with errors anyway.

If you could look into this that'd be great. :) I looked into modding just to figure out how these issues could be solved, but I know too little to do more than search around for now.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

romtos wrote:Hey pyanodon. Really like what you guys are doing with the mod! Like many I'd like integration with Angel's, but I understand that's not going to happen yet. Still, would you consider making a few changes that would solve current conflicts so they can still be used next to each other?

1: Rename the ore-crusher to jaw-crusher or jaw-ore-crusher. Currently it conflicts directly with the ore-crusher of Angel's, getting inserted between the burner crusher and ore crusher mk2.

I changed it in the following files and it seems to work fine together:
crusher.lua
ore-crusher.lua
bob-updates.lua (though this doesn't seem to do anything, regardless of Angel's. There's some errors in the log)
locale.cfg

2: This one is less of an issue. A bunch of erroneous recipes show up under the "resource refining" tab of Angel's. They're either called "Something went wrong" or "Slag". They seem to be created by advanced-foundry-recipes.lua in the part "Make foundry recipes from smelting recipes with 1 ingredient.", but I don't know enough about what needs to be changed so these recipes don't get created. I do know they're generated from the Crushed Ore Sorting/Chunks Sorting/Crystals Sorting/Purified Sorting recipes or the Crystallizing to X & Y recipes from Angel's, also under "Resource Refining" tab. I'm also not sure why they end up with errors anyway.

If you could look into this that'd be great. :) I looked into modding just to figure out how these issues could be solved, but I know too little to do more than search around for now.
Oh....ok, next release will bring that small fix.
pY Coal processing mod

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Making it compatible with Angels is an undertaking that is looking for willing modders to help make happen. The source is available on github for anyone that wants to fork and fix! https://github.com/pyanodon/pYCoalprocesing

As for the crusher, That will be a fairly trivial to rename so expect that soon.

Return to “PyMods”